Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pelican Power Dive

We weren't the only ones fishing Florida Bay that day. Steve

May 24, 2022 at 12:44 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pelican Power Dive

That looks like a windy day and that water just doesn't look deep enough for that Pelican to dive! Wow that water in the BG looks like a huge wave?
Those colors are special Steve and a good grab on the dive bomber!
Karl

May 24, 2022 at 03:34 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pelican Power Dive

I love the green water reflecting on the wing and a super capture and composition Steve

Morris

May 24, 2022 at 05:16 PM
ratherfish
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pelican Power Dive

Karl Witt wrote:
That looks like a windy day and that water just doesn't look deep enough for that Pelican to dive! Wow that water in the BG looks like a huge wave?
Those colors are special Steve and a good grab on the dive bomber!
Karl

Thanks Karl! Took a few moments away from my own fishing to watch and photograph a large flock of pelicans diving on a big school of mullet. Always fun to watch these guys! Steve

May 24, 2022 at 09:36 PM
ratherfish
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pelican Power Dive

morris wrote:
I love the green water reflecting on the wing and a super capture and composition Steve

Morris

Thank you Morris! I shot multiple images of these guys diving on a school of mullet. I particularly liked the frozen drama of this one! Steve

May 24, 2022 at 09:40 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pelican Power Dive

Nicely captured and enjoyable image, Steve! There must be plenty of fish there for you to share with the pelican and chances are you would be less interested in the fish size that the pelican targets anyway .

Joshua

May 24, 2022 at 10:08 PM
ratherfish
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pelican Power Dive

AGeoJO wrote:
Nicely captured and enjoyable image, Steve! There must be plenty of fish there for you to share with the pelican and chances are you would be less interested in the fish size that the pelican targets anyway .

Joshua

Spot on Joshua. The pelicans were targeting a large school of smaller mullet. We were targeting tarpon. We had a slow day for tarpon but the pelicans had a good day for mullet! Thanks for your kind comments! Steve

May 25, 2022 at 06:03 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.