New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

catalina

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

It seems that a lot of the Fuji stuff that is for sale on the Buy-Sell forum is GF or GFX stuff.
Since I would think that those items make up a much smaller segment of the Fujifilm hardware out there (expense), does anyone else think that this is unusual?

May 24, 2022 at 12:01 PM
leonasj
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

too big price and too low use

May 25, 2022 at 02:10 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

People buy into it, realize it's way too bulky/heavy/pain in the ass to pack/poor AF performance compared to similarly prices FF models, and sell it. It's the most niche of the mainstream systems out there. This surprises you?

May 25, 2022 at 04:10 PM
docusync
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

It seems a lot of people is asking lately why other people are selling their GFX stuff!
Something is definitely going on here...

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1757313

May 25, 2022 at 05:35 PM
Nick Dakota
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

You see the same thing with Leica. High dollar items can cause buyers remorse, especially gear that requires patience.

May 29, 2022 at 01:20 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

It's often cheaper than renting...

May 30, 2022 at 01:15 PM
rdeloe
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

molson wrote:

Very true. For people who have the disposable income, and want to scratch the medium format itch, it's an economical way to try. GF gear holds its value well, so the cost of trying it out can be modest.

I'll be using my GFX 50R until it falls apart, but GF lenses (paradoxically) don't stay in my hand for very long. I just prefer my manual adapted lenses. It doesn't make any sense, objectively, but there you go.

May 30, 2022 at 01:41 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

rdeloe wrote:
.., but GF lenses (paradoxically) don't stay in my hand... It doesn't make any sense, objectively, ...

+10 points for the pun

May 30, 2022 at 01:54 PM
leonasj
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

dont had gf80 or gf110 in hands,but tried gf45,gf50, gf63 ,gf120 are small and compact nice lenses in use on 50R body

May 30, 2022 at 02:35 PM
pressureworld

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

rdeloe wrote:
Very true. For people who have the disposable income, and want to scratch the medium format itch, it's an economical way to try. GF gear holds its value well, so the cost of trying it out can be modest.

I'll be using my GFX 50R until it falls apart, but GF lenses (paradoxically) don't stay in my hand for very long. I just prefer my manual adapted lenses. It doesn't make any sense, objectively, but there you go.

What manual adapted lenses do you like best with the 50R?

May 31, 2022 at 08:05 AM
rdeloe
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

pressureworld wrote:

That's actually a bit complicated because I use the 50R as a medium format back on digital view cameras. https://www.robdeloephotography.com/Pages/Toyo-VX23D-and-Fuji-GFX-50R

However, if someone wanted to keep it simple and use adapted lenses without getting into movements, I would recommend medium format. I like Pentax 645 lenses. Lots of people like Mamiya 645. Adapters for both are inexpensive (relatively speaking) and the lenses can be had for reasonable money considering they are professional glass.

The Pentax-A 645 35/3.5 is a real star in my opinion. I cannot do without this lens. The 75/2.8 is also excellent. Those two would give you a reasonably priced two lens kit. I'm less enthusiastic about the Pentax-A 645 55/2.8 because it's a bit weak at the edges and corners at wide apertures, but for people who fuss less about edges and corners than me, it's a great choice. For a longer lens, the Pentax-A 645 150/3.5 is inexpensive and really good.

As a bonus, if you spend a bit more on the adapter, you can use the Pentax (or Mamiya) 645 lenses with a tilt-shift adapter and get a very useful range of movements.

May 31, 2022 at 08:44 AM
matejphoto
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

molson wrote:

+1 on this one

I am a livelong Canon shooter (since film days) but I wanted to try out the medium format as soon as it came out.
Few months ago I got the 50R for ~$2000 with few adapters and I am playing with using 35mm lenses (I also have tilt shift lenses for it).
I can play around with it for a year and probably easily sell it for $1500 a year later. It is a really nice camera, but FF is just lot more practical for me.

Jun 08, 2022 at 02:03 AM
lbloom
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

pressureworld wrote:

I really like the Otus 85 on GFX, and still haven’t felt a strong urge to get a native GF lens. The 23/4 at some point...

Jun 08, 2022 at 02:43 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

matejphoto wrote:
+1 on this one

I am a livelong Canon shooter (since film days) but I wanted to try out the medium format as soon as it came out.
Few months ago I got the 50R for ~$2000 with few adapters and I am playing with using 35mm lenses (I also have tilt shift lenses for it).
I can play around with it for a year and probably easily sell it for $1500 a year later. It is a really nice camera, but FF is just lot more practical for me.

The 50R has actually gone up in value since it was discontinued, so you might even make a profit when you decide to sell it...

Jun 08, 2022 at 07:19 AM
rdeloe
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

molson wrote:
The 50R has actually gone up in value since it was discontinued, so you might even make a profit when you decide to sell it...

I think the 50R is one of those cameras where those who like it like it a lot (and, conversely, those who don't...)

I like it a lot. There's a very good chance I'll buy a second body when the price and time are right. The design suits my way of working, and I've never felt that the sensor was a limiting factor.

There are times when I wish the rear screen was better, but it gets the job done. I've learned to recognize what "as good as it's going to get" looks like, so I've never missed a shot because the screen wasn't as crisp as newer bodies.

Jun 08, 2022 at 09:28 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

rdeloe wrote:
I think the 50R is one of those cameras where those who like it like it a lot (and, conversely, those who don't...)

I like it a lot. There's a very good chance I'll buy a second body when the price and time are right. The design suits my way of working, and I've never felt that the sensor was a limiting factor.

There are times when I wish the rear screen was better, but it gets the job done. I've learned to recognize what "as good as it's going to get" looks like, so I've never missed a shot
...Show more

I thought the rear screen was fine, except it didn't tilt in the vertical axis, and I shoot a lot of stuff in the vertical orientation. If it had the same two-way tilt screen as the other GFX cameras, I would probably still own one.

Jun 08, 2022 at 10:04 AM
rdeloe
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · GF and GFX on Buy-Sell

molson wrote:
I thought the rear screen was fine, except it didn't tilt in the vertical axis, and I shoot a lot of stuff in the vertical orientation. If it had the same two-way tilt screen as the other GFX cameras, I would probably still own one.

No doubt. I shoot a lot of vertical too and the non-tilting screen is a bit of a pain. But I get by.

Jun 08, 2022 at 08:54 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.