New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

MIchigan Airshow

Sage11

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · MIchigan Airshow

I purchased an R3 which doesn't have any frames per second battery level issues. I am hopeful that one day a good 600mm zoom lens is available for the RF mount.

jedibrain wrote:
Thanks for that explanation. I had many of the same concerns when I picked up an R6. Battery life is poorer on mirrorless than DSLR, but its just something you get used to. A useful 'life hack' on this is to run the camera in airplane mode. The battery lasts a lot longer and will get the green H+ mode all the way down to about 13% (on the R6). I assume the result would be about the same on the R7 but until someone tests it we won't know. It also extends the battery life a lot. I can
...Show more

May 28, 2022 at 12:20 AM
Sage11

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · MIchigan Airshow

Excellent shots. Thanks for sharing.

Mhcooperphotography wrote:

I have shot the Chicago Air and Water show for several years and each year I get a little better. It takes a lot of practice panning with jets and following the prop planes up into the air. Most recently (2019) I used a Canon 5D Mark III with the original Canon 100-400. I agree with someone that said they did not like their pictures with the teleconverter. I have tries it (both a 1.4 and a 2.0). One thing I tend to do is meter on a set of trees in the distance and not try and meter on
...Show more

May 28, 2022 at 04:44 AM
jashaw

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · MIchigan Airshow

kungfu-lens wrote:
Anyone going to the Airshow this year?Any tip on setting for canon 1dx mark II for Airshow?

Finally get to used my 1dx Mark II and Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens with 2.0 extender.

Been in the case for 4 yrs without using it.

Which airshow are you talking about?

I will be going to the Thunder Over Michigan show in a couple of weeks.

I have no idea what to expect. This is my first big air show. I'm youtubing to educate myself as much as I can.

I'm taking pretty much everything I own as I do not know how close/far away the planes will be from the crowd. It's a drive-up show, so lugging gear around the show is a non-issue.

Jun 28, 2022 at 10:33 AM
Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · MIchigan Airshow

kungfu-lens wrote:
Anyone going to the Airshow this year?Any tip on setting for canon 1dx mark II for Airshow?

Finally get to used my 1dx Mark II and Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens with 2.0 extender.

Been in the case for 4 yrs without using it.

1DXII 200-400 f4 w/built in 1.4x

Jun 28, 2022 at 10:54 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · MIchigan Airshow

This guy is headed there...Hit him up.
Douglas L

Jun 30, 2022 at 08:12 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end