p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Reader ...

Quiet time.

Kent Southers 2022

May 22, 2022 at 10:45 PM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Reader ...

I like it. I like the feel of the photo. Imparts a sense of tranquillity and serenity. The pano works. The expanse of the scene gives a sense of serene solitude.

I am thinking about cloning out the bike and brightening the subject a bit to enhance that feeling. However, I still think it's a very moody image well seen and presented.

Socrate

May 23, 2022 at 07:39 AM
Camperjim
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Reader ...

Shasoc wrote:
I am thinking about cloning out the bike and brightening the subject a bit to enhance that feeling.

Socrate

I got a laugh from this because if it were mine I would clone out the bike, the seat, and the individual.

May 23, 2022 at 07:58 AM
EverLearning
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Reader ...

A smidge dark for me but I really like it. I like the composition, the relative lighting between different areas of the image and the story. It is interesting how there is an intersection of brighter light - the horizontal along the grass and the vertical with the tree and the boy's t-shirt. I find my eye pulled to the tree first, down to the grass right below and then to the boy because of the white t-shirt. The horizontal bright grass then pulls my eye through the rest of the image.

I like the bike in the image as it tells a story beyond just the reading. This is a spot not within walking distance but somewhere that he has been and likes to go for the peace and tranquility. His special spot.

Accepting that you lean towards the darker and I lean towards the lighter, the only thing that I would suggest is making the boy's t-shirt brighter to create a little more pull and holding power.

Don

May 23, 2022 at 10:10 AM
grandmas
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Reader ...

This image is a very good example of the power of focal points. My eyes went first to the girl and bike, before exploring the rest of the image, then back to the girl. I donít even care for IR, but I do like this. I think, had the girl and bike not been in this image, it would be more of the same old same, with a lot less viewers approving. Very nice image.

May 23, 2022 at 02:05 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Reader ...

Shasoc wrote:
I like it. I like the feel of the photo. Imparts a sense of tranquillity and serenity. The pano works. The expanse of the scene gives a sense of serene solitude.

I am thinking about cloning out the bike and brightening the subject a bit to enhance that feeling. However, I still think it's a very moody image well seen and presented.

Socrate

Thanks Socrate.

+1 for the tranquility / serenity. Hopefully, my movements about didn't encroach on that.

May 23, 2022 at 06:09 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Reader ...

Camperjim wrote:
I got a laugh from this because if it were mine I would clone out the bike, the seat, and the individual.

If I could draw in my own changes, I'd opt for leaning up against a tree, or in a small clearing ... i.e. no manmade bench. But, I think the overgrown areas help mitigate the "parklike" vibe of a bench in the forest area.

May 23, 2022 at 06:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Reader ...

EverLearning wrote:
A smidge dark for me but I really like it. I like the composition, the relative lighting between different areas of the image and the story. It is interesting how there is an intersection of brighter light - the horizontal along the grass and the vertical with the tree and the boy's t-shirt. I find my eye pulled to the tree first, down to the grass right below and then to the boy because of the white t-shirt. The horizontal bright grass then pulls my eye through the rest of the image.

I like the bike in the image as it
...Show more

Thanks Don,

Dark ... what, this is super-bright (for me).

Yeah, I looked at how bright to make the person. I opted for where it is to NOT draw as strong, and NOT hold as long ... allowing some freedom for more movement. That, and to retain the vibe of the lighting (it was a bit dim under canopy). But, I definitely get you point about bringing up the person ... as Socrate mentioned also. Will definitely keep an eye to it going forward.

May 23, 2022 at 06:17 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Reader ...

grandmas wrote:
This image is a very good example of the power of focal points. My eyes went first to the girl and bike, before exploring the rest of the image, then back to the girl. I donít even care for IR, but I do like this. I think, had the girl and bike not been in this image, it would be more of the same old same, with a lot less viewers approving. Very nice image.

Thanks.

Good to hear about the movement, my PP was intended to facilitate that.

FYI, this is not infrared. Routine color > mono conversion using basic ACR controls.

Thanks again.

May 23, 2022 at 06:20 PM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Reader ...

I had a vision!

Socrate

P.S. Just messing around

May 24, 2022 at 11:09 PM
lylejk
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Reader ...

Has a surreal feel to it and Socrate added to that for me. Like the result, Kent.

May 25, 2022 at 11:31 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Reader ...

Shasoc wrote:
I had a vision!

Socrate

P.S. Just messing around

May 26, 2022 at 06:31 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Reader ...

lylejk wrote:
Has a surreal feel to it and Socrate added to that for me. Like the result, Kent.

Thanks Lyle.

May 26, 2022 at 06:34 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password