Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3       4       5       end
  

Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5

  
 
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


Well I'm glad I didn't sleep on it before I bought one then.
GeofFX wrote:
Well, the CFx D5s are sold out!





May 20, 2022 at 11:05 PM
pplskills
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


I might have been one of the last ones. I'm usually not very lucky with these kind of things.

I already have a Nikon D850 which I was using for portraits and sports. I guess I'm going to use my D850 for only portraits now and use the D5 for sports since Nikon d850 is the last epic DSLR probably ever made. A lot of people are saying the D850 is better than the D5 even for sports. I know D5 has 12 fps vs 9 on D850. You would think it would have higher ISO but DXO says D850 is better. I thought the autofocus was the same also. I do like the big rugged body built for crappy conditions.

What are your thoughts on D850 vs D5 for sports shooting?



May 20, 2022 at 11:27 PM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


I honestly think both are capable cameras, really depends on high iso needs and the extra 3 fps. Bought it because I wanted an upgrade from what the D4 was while still keeping the digital footprint sort of small. I love the Z9 I have, but boy sometimes I don't want to import like 70 gigs of event images from it. It's basically just another top end low mp option for me. Can pair it with so many different cameras for event work if I don't want to use the Z9 as the natural light camera.
pplskills wrote:
I might have been one of the last ones. I'm usually not very lucky with these kind of things.

I already have a Nikon D850 which I was using for portraits and sports. I guess I'm going to use my D850 for only portraits now and use the D5 for sports since Nikon d850 is the last epic DSLR probably ever made. A lot of people are saying the D850 is better than the D5 even for sports. I know D5 has 12 fps vs 9 on D850. You would think it would have higher ISO but DXO says D850
...Show more




May 21, 2022 at 12:36 AM
GeofFX
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


This morning, the XQD-D5 is once again available for $1995. So if you want one, youíve got another chance.



May 21, 2022 at 08:00 AM
JasonTheBirder
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


GeofFX wrote:
This morning, the XQD-D5 is once again available for $1995. So if you want one, youíve got another chance.


Just think, one day the Z9 will be on refurb for 1995....haha



May 21, 2022 at 08:03 AM
Danrdz10103
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


I just saw this and part sad but part relived I just got my hands on my z9. I would have punched myself if I just bought a D5/D6 to then find a z9 the next day.


May 21, 2022 at 08:18 AM
atnpro
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


The price of the D5 refurbs has gone back to $5000 plus 10% off, or $4500, right now. So it begs the question how beat-up the $2000 D5 refurbs are in reality. I surmise they're probably in bad shape. But we don't know that for sure until those that bought them can report here in a few days.


May 21, 2022 at 10:25 AM
AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


Deals reloaded if anyone still wasnít aware. Managed to get a 24-70/2.8 and 70-200/2.8 as well as the 85/1.8 that were all out yesterday.


May 21, 2022 at 11:13 AM
thedruid
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


Just think you can have my non refurb D4s real cheap with known low clicks on the B/S 😁😊😉



May 21, 2022 at 01:25 PM
PB_James
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


Time to grab the 14-24 2.8 S! Thanks


May 21, 2022 at 03:30 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

runamuck
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


Desmolicious wrote:
50 1.8D for $99.96


LOVE how it does babies wide open.



May 21, 2022 at 04:03 PM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


If that was a pricing glitch they better honor it.
atnpro wrote:
The price of the D5 refurbs has gone back to $5000 plus 10% off, or $4500, right now. So it begs the question how beat-up the $2000 D5 refurbs are in reality. I surmise they're probably in bad shape. But we don't know that for sure until those that bought them can report here in a few days.





May 21, 2022 at 07:46 PM
leewoolery
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


Ordered a 24-70 f/2.8 Z lens yesterday morning and it arrived today...Saturday...via UPS and I didn't request overnight service.

On the Z9, the Z 24-70 is a perfectly balanced combo.



May 21, 2022 at 08:10 PM
robfilms
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


JadedWriter wrote:
Somebody told me about the $2000 D5 deal while I was in an Uber going to a shoot and I assumed it was just a glitch. Then I got back to my office and saw it was legit. I put in my cart, tried to get some people to talk me out of it...they tried hard, I checked my bank account and still bought the thing. I'm probably a dummy for buying this in 2022 after already having a Z9, but Z9 isn't this camera regarding high iso's and it'll pair pretty well with my D850, which made me want
...Show more

i have been very tempted by the falling dslr prices to jump back into "older" technology.

i look forward to your thoughts on the D5 vs the D850.

i have been very interested in both.

(i never quite understood the online D5 quips but since I have never used a camera at that professional level, i didn't have an opinion.)

thumbs up on your buy.

rob





May 22, 2022 at 03:12 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


Picked up the Z 14-30 for $200 cheaper than current B/S board prices, nice!


May 22, 2022 at 03:28 PM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


I still like the D4, if the D5 is basically just a super charged D4 I'll be fine with it. I even still like the D850, just really depends on what I'm in the mood to shoot and what type of event it is. I'm thinking the D5 should be a fun enough camera.
robfilms wrote:
i have been very tempted by the falling dslr prices to jump back into "older" technology.

i look forward to your thoughts on the D5 vs the D850.

i have been very interested in both.

(i never quite understood the online D5 quips but since I have never used a camera at that professional level, i didn't have an opinion.)

thumbs up on your buy.

rob






May 22, 2022 at 06:59 PM
groob
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5




JadedWriter wrote:
I still like the D4, if the D5 is basically just a super charged D4 I'll be fine with it. I even still like the D850, just really depends on what I'm in the mood to shoot and what type of event it is. I'm thinking the D5 should be a fun enough camera.



The AF in the D5 and the reworked shutter mechanism should set it far apart from the D4. At $2000, thatís hard to turn down.



May 23, 2022 at 06:50 AM
pplskills
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


So who else here bought a D5? I will report back when it ships and/or the condition when received.


May 23, 2022 at 07:30 AM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


Yeah if the AF is like my D850, but "better" it should be worth it, though the interface is probably a lot different. I basically wanted a D5 after getting my D850, so that combo should pair really well. Hopefully it ships soon.
groob wrote:
The AF in the D5 and the reworked shutter mechanism should set it far apart from the D4. At $2000, thatís hard to turn down.





May 23, 2022 at 07:42 AM
carl_g
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Four day refurbished sale! $1500 24-70 2.8S, $2000 D5


I am super bummed I missed out on the cheap d5ís


May 23, 2022 at 12:49 PM
1      
2
       3       4       5       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3       4       5       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password