New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 Charging?

stevez32
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 Charging?

Hi All,

I have a Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 that I picked up a while ago here on the B&S, but I'm wondering is there supposed to be a charging light when you plug in the USB-C? Does it charge via USB-C? The instructions are unclear. I can't for the life of me tell whether its charging via USB-C, or if I was supposed to get a charge for the battery?

May 19, 2022 at 11:01 PM
jeffbuzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 Charging?

stevez32 wrote:
Hi All,

I have a Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 that I picked up a while ago here on the B&S, but I'm wondering is there supposed to be a charging light when you plug in the USB-C? Does it charge via USB-C? The instructions are unclear. I can't for the life of me tell whether its charging via USB-C, or if I was supposed to get a charge for the battery?

Are you trying to charge via the USB port on the flash unit itself? I don't believe that is possible. You have to use the external charging dock. That does have a red/green LED showing charge status. The flash head USB port is only for firmware updates.

May 20, 2022 at 12:02 PM
formula4speed
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 Charging?

You should have a charging dock for the battery. The USB port on the flash is for firmware upgrades.

May 20, 2022 at 02:11 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 Charging?

jeffbuzz wrote:
Are you trying to charge via the USB port on the flash unit itself? I don't believe that is possible. You have to use the external charging dock. That does have a red/green LED showing charge status. The flash head USB port is only for firmware updates.

Ah ok, will have to look for that then, thanks much appreciated.

May 21, 2022 at 08:58 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password