1       2      
       4              17       18       end

61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

j4nu
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

molson wrote:
Can you post some SQ ("snap quotient") numbers to show what you mean?

The camera turns on a lot faster, dials/buttons are more responsive, fewer settings are now unavailable when the buffer is being cleared to the card, etc. It's just a general quality of life improvement. For some it will matter more, for others less but it's easy to get used to the "better" .

Edited on May 20, 2022 at 10:13 AM · View previous versions

May 20, 2022 at 10:10 AM
Dultimate
• •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

AZHeaven wrote:
I see your point with the HDMI ports. But for some strange reason Sony gave a ho hum update to the rear screen on the A7IV. But yet gave the now 4.5 year old A7RIIIA a 2.3 million dot rear screen. And the A7IV is the slightly upgraded from the A7III's 1.036 million dot.

This and the EVF are the 2 issues that stop the IV from being a great camera. As good as it is it's going to be a backup camera for me at some point because the rear screen is crap and so is the EVF...in comparison.

May 20, 2022 at 10:12 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

j4nu wrote:
The camera turns on a lot faster, dials/buttons are more responsive, fewer settings are now unavailable when the buffer is being cleared to the card, etc. It's just a general quality of life improvement. For some it will matter more, for others less but it's easy to get used to the "better" .

It's an issue all of the current Sony cameras suffer from, so I would be surprised to see a big change - but it would certainly be welcome.

May 20, 2022 at 10:30 AM
robert614
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Not really in the market for a new body. Pretty happy with the A1. But it’s always fun to see new gear.

Seems more evolution than revolution. But could be a nice upgrade for people with A7RIV’s and older.

I really hope Sony is working on a firmware upgrade for the A1 that will add some of the features of the newer bodies. Like Pupil Eye AF and focus breathing compensation.

I realize Sony is under no obligation to do so. But it would be nice.

As far as the A7RV, looks like a nice camera.

May 20, 2022 at 10:32 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Such a long and detailed spec list wouldn’t exist unless the launch is imminent- and it is not according to all information we have available. So complete bogus and made-up.

May 20, 2022 at 11:15 AM
johnvanr
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

RoamingScott wrote:
I agree with this. "Beautiful skin effect that brightens and cleans the skin even during video recording and live streaming" doesn't sound like Sony speak.

I just wonder how they combine the 'overwhelmingly realistic' with the 'brightens and cleans the skin.'

May 20, 2022 at 11:17 AM
johnvanr
• • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

molson wrote:
It's an issue all of the current Sony cameras suffer from, so I would be surprised to see a big change - but it would certainly be welcome.

I'm not a Sony shooter anymore, but from my point of view the biggest problem with shooting Sony compared to the other brands I've shot in recent years is the dust on the sensor. It's a relief not to worry about it anymore after moving on from the dust magnets that my Sony cameras were (last ones were the A7R IV and the A9).

May 20, 2022 at 11:19 AM
Dultimate
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

There's a soft skin effect setting for JPEGs I noticed on the A7IV. I don't know if it's there on the older cameras but I believe the wording might be similar to that of the 'beautiful skin..."

This may not be true but that wording may not be that far fetched.

May 20, 2022 at 11:35 AM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

I’m still not sold on using the mechanical shutter as the dust guard.

johnvanr wrote:
I'm not a Sony shooter anymore, but from my point of view the biggest problem with shooting Sony compared to the other brands I've shot in recent years is the dust on the sensor. It's a relief not to worry about it anymore after moving on from the dust magnets that my Sony cameras were (last ones were the A7R IV and the A9).

May 20, 2022 at 11:41 AM
Maximilian
• •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

I doubt the "leaked" specs are reliable.

May 20, 2022 at 11:50 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

molson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

RoamingScott wrote:

It doesn't really help a lot. Sony's problem is that their "sensor dust removal" system is about as ineffective as their IBIS. Everyone else (except Nikon) seems to do a much better job implementing these technologies.

Cloning out dust spots is tolerable for stills photography, but it's a major pain for video.

Edited on May 20, 2022 at 12:10 PM · View previous versions

May 20, 2022 at 12:09 PM
JohnEOS

p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

mojoh wrote:
SAR says the A7RV leaked specs is likely incorrect as it is from a new unknown source..

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/lets-discuss-those-allegedly-leaked-sony-a7rv-specs/

SAR has one of the lowest reputations of all rumor sites around, even the Perfect Camera Guy makes fun of him.

So while this rumor might be a fake I would not take the SAR dude to be accurate in anything. APS-C mini A9 anyone? Medium format RX1?

May 20, 2022 at 12:09 PM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

RoamingScott wrote:

I am absolutely sold on using the mechanical shutter for protecting the camera sensor from dust. This has been the norm on Leica range finders for many years, and I now have it on my Sony A1. I change lenses in the field often. Especially with my Leica M camera which I only shoot primes on. It has proven to be a God Send. My sensors now stay clean and free of dust. As far as I have heard, no common problems have been reported due to this feature. All the manufacturers are converting to this feature for good reason.

May 20, 2022 at 12:15 PM
j4nu
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

1bwana1 wrote:
I am absolutely sold on using the mechanical shutter for protecting the camera sensor from dust. This has been the norm on Leica range finders for many years, and I now have it on my Sony A1. I change lenses in the field often. Especially with my Leica M camera which I only shoot primes on. It has proven to be a God Send. My sensors now stay clean and free of dust. As far as I have heard, no common problems have been reported due to this feature. All the manufacturers are converting to this feature for good reason.

A1 also seems to have an improved sensor cleaning system (that ultrasonic shaky thingy) .

May 20, 2022 at 01:05 PM
cinema
• •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

akashyap wrote:
I was interesting in upgrading the video on my A7R2, but wasn't sure whether to add to or replace my current body with an A7iv, ASiii, A7Riv, or A1. I have no need for stacked sensors, so this seems like a really great option? Wonder what compromises they are making with video for this camera...

i'm still on an a7r2 as well. I have and still use it as a B or crash cam on shoots. It was amazing and so far ahead of it's time and still outclasses most cameras being made today. i only see marginal improvements, of course it would be nice to have 10 bit.

May 20, 2022 at 01:42 PM
SSISteve
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Yes, just what does Sony have against putting this in their cameras when everyone else has it. Just makes no sense.

amv8 wrote:
and where's that focus stacking functionality?...

May 20, 2022 at 02:31 PM
formula4speed
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Is the A7R series due for an upgrade? I don't remember when the A7R4 came out, still rocking the A73, might upgrade someday...

May 20, 2022 at 02:33 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

formula4speed wrote:
Is the A7R series due for an upgrade? I don't remember when the A7R4 came out, still rocking the A73, might upgrade someday...

Well if Sony follows its typical pattern then either the A9 II or the A7r IV should be the next upgrade. I suppose there is some chance that A7C will be updated next too as an update hasn't happened yet for that camera and we have no precedent for how often they will upgrade it. We might get an APS-C upgrade soonish as well and the three new wide angle APS-C lenses suggests that might happen sooner rather than later. What we do know is that the A1, A7s III, and A7 IV have all been updated (or come out) fairly recently and are not likely to be updated, IMO, in the near future.

May 20, 2022 at 02:58 PM
goto_dengo
• •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

If they've fixed the 'red ring' problem, I'm probably in (shooting 2 x A7R2 currently). So far, it seems like the A1 is the only unaffected body. A7RIV, sadly, also suffers. https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1666691/0

Can't put thousands into a new body that's going to bake in an undefeatable vignette correction, no matter how rarely it ruins a shot.

May 20, 2022 at 04:14 PM
KarmaKramer
• • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · 61MP Sony A7R V specifications leaked

Another “upgrade”!!
Remember when you had a camera for 7-10 years? The GAS’ers are keeping this train running I guess. Seems a bit unnecessary but I’m sure credit cards will be burning up for this one. I’m still eyeing another used A9

May 20, 2022 at 05:17 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.