New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Congratulations to Nikon Z9 #1 seller last Quarter

1bwana1
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Congratulations to Nikon Z9 #1 seller last Quarter

Great product = great results.

https://nikonrumors.com/2022/05/18/the-nikon-z9-is-the-top-selling-full-frame-pro-mirrorless-camera-in-q1-2022-with-57-market-share.aspx/

May 18, 2022 at 05:52 PM
aboutthelight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Congratulations to Nikon Z9 #1 seller last Quarter

This makes perfect sense. R5 has been out for a long time. Everyone who wanted or needed an A1 or A9(ii) already has one. All the Nikon shooters had no pro options so they were the major market in need of a camera like this. Thankfully Nikon has finally produced a proper mirrorless camera. There are some obvious advantages to all 3 systems but in general all are great. Now there is no longer an excuse for not producing quality work. I am super happy for all of my friends that still shoot Nikon and who own the Z9.

May 18, 2022 at 08:46 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Congratulations to Nikon Z9 #1 seller last Quarter

aboutthelight wrote:
Now there is no longer an excuse for not producing quality work…

Cosmic rays.

May 18, 2022 at 10:35 PM
Sagar
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Congratulations to Nikon Z9 #1 seller last Quarter

And all this with so many folks still waiting for theirs. If Nikon had been able to even fulfill 80/90% of orders market share could have been significantly more

1bwana1 wrote:
Great product = great results.

https://nikonrumors.com/2022/05/18/the-nikon-z9-is-the-top-selling-full-frame-pro-mirrorless-camera-in-q1-2022-with-57-market-share.aspx/

May 19, 2022 at 08:03 AM
ArizonaImage
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Congratulations to Nikon Z9 #1 seller last Quarter

Props to Nikon. I've seen plenty Sony Canon guys trading their camera for a Z9. Regardless, the wait time for the camera reminds me of the D850, except this seems to be a longer wait. It seems like Nikon has done a great job of luring back a lot of their fanbase with the best priceerformance ratio.

May 21, 2022 at 02:48 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Congratulations to Nikon Z9 #1 seller last Quarter

ArizonaImage wrote:
the wait time for the camera reminds me of the D850, except this seems to be a longer wait.

The big difference between the state of the world when the D850 was released and when the Z9 was released …COVID

May 21, 2022 at 09:48 PM
nks12345
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Congratulations to Nikon Z9 #1 seller last Quarter

I was able to get my Z9 just the other day so they are coming in if you're still waiting.

May 21, 2022 at 10:18 PM
NissanPatrol
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Congratulations to Nikon Z9 #1 seller last Quarter

Nikon fans were waiting, Once the door opened, people who were waiting rushed in. Nothing surprising. And it does not mean that the Z9 is superior over other brands.

But the positive side is that if Z9 was not a good camera, this will not happen.

So all what this says is that the Z9 is a good camera. Which is something that I know

May 22, 2022 at 12:23 AM
Archerscreek

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Congratulations to Nikon Z9 #1 seller last Quarter

aboutthelight wrote:
This makes perfect sense. R5 has been out for a long time. Everyone who wanted or needed an A1 or A9(ii) already has one. All the Nikon shooters had no pro options so they were the major market in need of a camera like this. Thankfully Nikon has finally produced a proper mirrorless camera. There are some obvious advantages to all 3 systems but in general all are great. Now there is no longer an excuse for not producing quality work. I am super happy for all of my friends that still shoot Nikon and who own the Z9.

The 57% market share category excludes the R5 and A9II from consideration as they aren’t expensive enough. Basically, the category was narrowed to include full frame mirrorless cameras that cost over $5000. Essentially it’s between the Z9, A1, and R3. I think 57% market share is still impressive, but it certainly would have been more eye opening if it included the R5.

May 22, 2022 at 07:20 AM
scott f
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Congratulations to Nikon Z9 #1 seller last Quarter

Nikon needs to do something about their production capacity. Having great products that are unavailable is not good business and risks further erosion of their market share.

May 22, 2022 at 09:53 AM
ArizonaImage
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Congratulations to Nikon Z9 #1 seller last Quarter

scott f wrote:
Nikon needs to do something about their production capacity. Having great products that are unavailable is not good business and risks further erosion of their market share.

Especially if they’re making a Z8.

May 22, 2022 at 11:35 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.