New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       end

Competition Entries ...

RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Competition Entries ...

liftedspirit wrote:

Make work for you, then find the audience that appreciates that work. The worst thing you can do is go chasing an audience and what you perceive as what it is they want. It will come across in your work.

I appreciate the perspectives. The latter part is pretty much where I was with my submissions. In the vein of "To thine own self be true." ... I didn't chase the judges / audience.

For me, this submission I had a multi-fold perspective.

1) To gauge how I felt about my work being submitted to that (perceived) level of competition.
2) To see how much of the juried work was similar to mine (genre / style / perspective, etc.)

My take away from the results, is that I felt good about my work, even though none was selected for the show.
That, and I didn't really see anything at the show that was similar to my submissions.

Additionally, I felt as though the level of work that we regularly see pass through FM is easily on par with the level of those that were selected. I didn't "chase the judges" with images that aligned with their preferences (could have, but chose distinctly not to). I certainly could have chosen different, and could (but won't) second guess my choices for submission. Rather, I got the insight I was looking for from the results ... so, it's all good.

Jul 09, 2022 at 11:43 PM
       end

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password