Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Five weeks of comparing A1 vs OM-1 - YouTube

https://youtu.be/Ap-azoSgt90

May 14, 2022 at 01:08 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Five weeks of comparing A1 vs OM-1 - YouTube

Informative review... thanks for posting.

May 14, 2022 at 02:03 PM
Robin Smith
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Five weeks of comparing A1 vs OM-1 - YouTube

Very, Interesting. The standout for me is when he said he found the OM1 menu system the best he has ever seen in a camera. That's a real first for most of us, I suspect!

May 16, 2022 at 02:23 PM
visualpauses
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Five weeks of comparing A1 vs OM-1 - YouTube

I have been following him for a while now and definitely admire his work. His analysis of both systems is also very thorough.
The "pickup choice" aspect that he mentioned is subjective and that's what keeps me in the system - if you are just going for a walkabout, which system are you more willing to carry.

The one thing I am not so sure of is whether his technique is what the typical MFT user goes for. I don't know if I'm a typical user, but I don't use a hide or perch setup.

Mike Lane's videos and his "blind test" page between the A1 and OM1 show that technique matters much more than the gear to achieve the final "look"..

May 19, 2022 at 07:42 AM
Hodie
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Five weeks of comparing A1 vs OM-1 - YouTube

I’m considering making a similar switch but I’m not a dedicated wildlife photographer. I probably do more portraits, and sports (for my kids), then landscapes. Wildlife falls at the end of that list but I really do enjoy it.

Jun 01, 2022 at 11:27 AM
dcisive
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Five weeks of comparing A1 vs OM-1 - YouTube

The Oly and Panny glass at the higher end are impeccable and a delight for portrait use in all the examples I've seen to date. So I wouldn't hesitate to use an OM-1 coupled with the 1.4 and 1.7 glass that's out there in the primes. The bokeh is luscious and easily as presentable to FF 1.2 glass examples. I think Mft get's a real bum rap in this regard.

Jun 01, 2022 at 11:52 AM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.