Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Withdrawn: Liability on a confusing transaction? Lens sent to me that's ...

Nikon1960
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Withdrawn: Liability on a confusing transaction? Lens sent to me that's not mine!

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Liability on a very confusing transaction? Lens sent to me that's not mine!

Withdrawn

Price: $1.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new

All the way back in 10/2021 (6 months ago at this point), I purchased this lens: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1724403/0#15740786

Perfectly legitimate FMer, and the lens was supposed to be shipped to me after being checked and cleaned by Sony Pro Support. They flag it for some sort of issue and the repair time was plain too long, and I opt to take the refund which was processed immediately by said FMer - all good and normal.

A month later, Sony Pro Support ships me back the lens case alone, empty. Very strange. I contact the FMer, who tells me that he was traveling and to hold on to the case.

5 months later, I get the lens back from Sony Pro Support with a note stating it as un-repaired due to "no communication from sender." I get ahold of the FMer again who says he is traveling again to a foreign country and that he will sort it out with Sony Pro Support.

I have not been able to get ahold of him since April 8th, over 1 month now.

I guess my question is, what is the logical next step? I am currently serving as a free storage locker for a half working lens that's not mine... Do I dispose of the lens as I see fit due to excessive amount of time with no response, or am I legally obligated to hold on to a lens for who knows how long, under my own liability in the case something were to go wrong (eg. stolen, broken, etc.?). This is all maddening and confusing to me.

At this point, I don't even have a clue on the physical location of said FMer, and I am certainly not coming out of pocket to ship it to some address that may not even be current, plus that creates a liability for me as well.

May 13, 2022 at 01:41 AM
Aloicious
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Withdrawn: Liability on a confusing transaction? Lens sent to me that's not mine!

That is weird. Just my $.02, but id keep trying to contact the seller, I doubt the seller is maliciously trying to get free storage service. Life sometimes happens.

I think the worst thing you could do at this point is dispose of the lens because you haven't heard from them. If it were me, id let the seller know, throw it in the back of the closet and go about my life, it really doesn't cost anything to throw it on a shelf, so its not like you're losing money for holding it, but I can understand the frustration of it all.

Hope you get it sorted out.

May 13, 2022 at 06:08 AM
Bobbbee55
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Withdrawn: Liability on a confusing transaction? Lens sent to me that's not mine!

What's the value

May 13, 2022 at 07:05 AM
Donzo98
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Withdrawn: Liability on a confusing transaction? Lens sent to me that's not mine!

Aloicious wrote:
That is weird. Just my $.02, but id keep trying to contact the seller, I doubt the seller is maliciously trying to get free storage service. Life sometimes happens.

I think the worst thing you could do at this point is dispose of the lens because you haven't heard from them. If it were me, id let the seller know, throw it in the back of the closet and go about my life, it really doesn't cost anything to throw it on a shelf, so its not like you're losing money for holding it, but I can understand the frustration
...Show more

Totally agree…

Just hang on to it. Give him a bit more time.

May 13, 2022 at 07:19 AM
cinema
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Withdrawn: Liability on a confusing transaction? Lens sent to me that's not mine!

no liability for you... just be a pal. it's not a big deal. wait and see. a year from now if you're so miffed about it take it to the range and blast it to smithereens. maybe that will take the edge off for you

May 13, 2022 at 09:12 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password