p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CLOSED

CLOSED

Edited on May 14, 2022 at 03:39 PM · View previous versions

May 11, 2022 at 10:33 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CLOSED

That does sound annoying. OTOH, by general consensus, a used item described as "New" or "Brand New" would include everything that came with it. Everything.

Also, many people will read the title and see the first photo, and then fire off questions. In order to sell stuff to strangers, it helps to cut them a little slack. Maybe a lot of slack. Chances are good that (if I was looking for this), I'd read the title, see the image, and fire off some questions. Also, given the title, I'd assume that the boxes and etc. were included and I'd probably ask about them (if I didn't first read the description, which I might not).

May 12, 2022 at 06:04 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CLOSED

No box and no receipt for a "new" item is highly suspicious for buyers so it's not surprising that people ask questions. You have a great feedback, so it should not be hard to sell to someone. It should be advertised as Like New not New.

EBH

May 12, 2022 at 06:56 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CLOSED

Nothing wrong with those questions at all. You claim brand new...but no box pictured...I'd inquire right away.

I'd think your title should be don't be like this seller claiming something is brand new...but has no box.

May 12, 2022 at 08:02 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CLOSED

^^^^^ REPLIES And ya’d think that after 15 pages of nothing but buy and sell, OP would know that.

May 12, 2022 at 09:00 AM
niqlu
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · CLOSED

A zero click camera, never used, no scratches-no defects is still brand new;
It’s not retail brand new but it is brand new.
I guess to each its own!

May 12, 2022 at 12:36 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · CLOSED

niqlu wrote:
I guess to each its own!

Your own words show precisely why the buyer’s questions, which you feel are a waste of time, are perfectly legitimate. Better to ask and get clarification than to assume and end up in a dispute.

Now, if you had complained about those tire kickers who just PM asking, “still available?” and then disappear, I’d have more sympathy.

May 12, 2022 at 01:49 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · CLOSED

niqlu wrote:
A zero click camera, never used, no scratches-no defects is still brand new;
It’s not retail brand new but it is brand new.
I guess to each its own!

What happened to the box? Surely you didn’t throw away the box before even taking one shot with the camera? No box with a brand new camera just doesn’t feel right.

May 12, 2022 at 04:21 PM
niqlu
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · CLOSED

mitesh wrote:
Your own words show precisely why the buyer’s questions, which you feel are a waste of time, are perfectly legitimate. Better to ask and get clarification than to assume and end up in a dispute.

Now, if you had complained about those tire kickers who just PM asking, “still available?” and then disappear, I’d have more sympathy.

It shows that I was badly misunderstood!!
Anyone has a right to ask questions and it is up to them if they want to complete a transaction or no.
(It takes 2 to tango btw)
As a seller, I have had occasions in this forum that I didn't feel good with the prospective buyers and alerted Fred Miranda who threw them out of the forum immediately. (would-be scammers)

I was honestly annoyed with the fact that said member was distorting the description of my listing or when he asked me how is it possible that my camera is brand new in never opened box?
I had only made a claim that the cameras are brand new as they were never used, zero clicks on the shutter.
Are they Retail Brand New in the box? No, of course and I never claimed they were.
I strongly believe in an honest, fair transaction.
I ask questions as a buyer, of course, because I want them answered and want to be clear prior to committing to buy or sending payment. But I never did or will ever do for that matter treat other members with disrespect. If I suspect someone is selling stolen merchandise, I will alert Fred Miranda like I have in the past. If I suspect a buyer is trying to buy something from me and he raises red flags, yes-I will alert Fred Miranda!
I sincerely appreciate the fact that you were a gentleman in your opinion!

May 14, 2022 at 11:43 AM
doady
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · CLOSED

This is a good example why I have only bought 3 cameras in my life, and all of them from camera stores. At least the retailers know how to differentiate "new" from "open box" and they have an actual explanation for it, unlike "brand new" vs "no box" from some anonymous seller. The retailers don't get so angry about it and feel need to make threads on this forum to insist that there is no difference between "new" and "open box", let alone "brand new" vs. "no box", and attack people who dare to question them or ask for an explanation. The less I have to interact with anonymous sellers on FredMiranda, the better.

May 14, 2022 at 11:49 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · CLOSED

niqlu wrote:
Anyone has a right to ask questions and it is up to them if they want to complete a transaction or no.
(It takes 2 to tango btw)
As a seller, I have had occasions in this forum that I didn't feel good with the prospective buyers and alerted Fred Miranda who threw them out of the forum immediately. (would-be scammers)

I was honestly annoyed with the fact that said member was distorting the description of my listing or when he asked me how is it possible that my camera is brand new in never opened
...Show more

You claim everyone has the right to ask a question about the merchandise you are selling...then you feel you need to make a post about such person when they ask questions about what you are selling? Seems like you really don't believe what you claim to believe.

And I still say you advertising a new ( not ever used ) camera...but it has not box...definitely should lead to questions why it has no box. Doesn't it seem suspicious to you that a camera without a single activation on it, has no box?

May 14, 2022 at 01:23 PM
niqlu
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · CLOSED

chez wrote:
You claim everyone has the right to ask a question about the merchandise you are selling...then you feel you need to make a post about such person when they ask questions about what you are selling? Seems like you really don't believe what you claim to believe.

And I still say you advertising a new ( not ever used ) camera...but it has not box...definitely should lead to questions why it has no box. Doesn't it seem suspicious to you that a camera without a single activation on it, has no box?

One can ask all questions they want and still remain Civil and Respectful.
As the saying goes: "You catch more flies with Honey than with Vinegar!"

May 14, 2022 at 03:36 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · CLOSED

Pass the popcorn

May 14, 2022 at 08:23 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · CLOSED

niqlu wrote:

I was honestly annoyed with the fact that said member was distorting the description of my listing or when he asked me how is it possible that my camera is brand new in never opened box?

Misunderstandings are guaranteed, when you use incorrect definitions.

May 15, 2022 at 07:06 AM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · CLOSED

jcolwell wrote:
Misunderstandings are guaranteed, when you use incorrect definitions.

For sure the OP is the one totally in the wrong. He brought this all on himself.

May 15, 2022 at 09:00 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · CLOSED

KEH would describe his offerings as no more than EX+. Why? NO BOX.

May 15, 2022 at 10:16 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · CLOSED

If you're not an authorized retailer selling a product that has not previously been sold to another person, it's not a new product. Once the product has changed hands, it is legally no longer new - although it can certainly be "like new".

Jun 12, 2022 at 09:48 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.