New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Gfx 100s and 45-100

ftllens
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Gfx 100s and 45-100

prograde is good, test all my SD cards with crystal disk and it was accurate ratings. you need them if you shoot video for gfx100

Jun 26, 2022 at 11:48 PM
olegkin

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Gfx 100s and 45-100

This should not be the case. There is a setting in C1 'preferences/image/preview image size' that should be set to the size of your screen or better to fix it. You can also apply a very small amount of sharpening by default to all images, but it should not be necessary.

Makten wrote:
Then it's obviously not the camera or lens, but rather sharpening of the raw file, or the "output" to the screen from LR.
My files (50 S II) look a lot less sharp in C1 than if I open the same file in the mac preview app. They don't seem to handle scaling the same way.

Jul 08, 2022 at 12:33 PM
Makten
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Gfx 100s and 45-100

olegkin wrote:
This should not be the case. There is a setting in C1 'preferences/image/preview image size' that should be set to the size of your screen or better to fix it. You can also apply a very small amount of sharpening by default to all images, but it should not be necessary.

I checked that setting and it's at max; 5120, which is the resolution of my screen. The "preview" app definitely renders images sharper than C1, unless you view them at 100%.

Edit: I'm talking about JPG's here by the way, since preview can't show RAF's. Even more strange that they are not rendered identically.

Here's a screenshot with preview to the left, C1 to the right, at the same magnification. It looks a lot worse when posted here since the forum doesn't support high resolution screens, so my crop is enlarged to twice the original size. It makes the difference even more obvious.

Jul 08, 2022 at 03:47 PM
olegkin

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Gfx 100s and 45-100

Yeah, this does not look right at all. I don't have camera yet, so I downloaded a few sample raws and jpegs from gfx50s2. They look identical, and sharp, in both preview and C1.

Jul 08, 2022 at 04:42 PM
Makten
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Gfx 100s and 45-100

olegkin wrote:
Yeah, this does not look right at all. I don't have camera yet, so I downloaded a few sample raws and jpegs from gfx50s2. They look identical, and sharp, in both preview and C1.

Well, at normal viewing distance and filling the screen with the image, the C1 version is "sharp enough". But preview is sharper. Remember that the screen shot is presented in the browser at twice the size that the original crop was on my screen.

Jul 08, 2022 at 05:11 PM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password