Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · What AA charger do you guys recommend?

CelesteForza
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What AA charger do you guys recommend?

Looking for a high quality AA charger with at least 8-bays. What do you guys recommend?

May 03, 2022 at 04:06 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What AA charger do you guys recommend?

when godox came out with their li battery for the speed light..... this changed many shooters pre-wedding workflow. bye-bye AA charging.

Hopefully somebody will jump in and give you a nugget of info.

May 03, 2022 at 08:23 PM
MazeRunner
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What AA charger do you guys recommend?

I actually have two or three of those Maha 8-bay chargers. They were great and highly rated when I used the Eneloop/PowerEX rechargeables. Can PM if interested.

But if it makes sense for you, the newer Flashpoint/Godox or Profoto speedlights are much better with battery life and it means less wires.

May 06, 2022 at 07:56 PM
njfantastico
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What AA charger do you guys recommend?

For years I used the high end Energizer rechargeable batteries and quick charge, chargers. There must be a tiny chip in them as they would dies after approx 150 charges. I had a full fleet of them and I would keep tabs on how many charges they got and they always died right on 150 charges. I switched over to the IKEA rechargeable batteries and their charger

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/ladda-rechargeable-battery-hr06-aa-1-2v-50504692/

They work well and have made it past the 150 Energizer kill zone. I can usually get 250 full charges before they take a nose dive.

May 07, 2022 at 09:00 PM
ashton lamont
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What AA charger do you guys recommend?

I have an earlier version of the Maha Powerex C9000Pro:
https://mahapowerex.eu/maha-powerex-c9000pro.html

I have four of the units so that is 16 cells can be run. Been using them for donkeys years.

They can refresh the cells, one method is very thorough and takes almost 2 days. I would never buy a charger that cannot test and refresh cells as otherwise how would you know that a single cell is about to let you down. Your flashgun is limited to the performance of the worst performing individual cell.

I also only use Eneloop AA cells. These also last for years but not forever. The Maha reports "end of life" cells by displaying "HIGH".

May 08, 2022 at 02:35 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What AA charger do you guys recommend?

What is far more important is to have a pulse load battery tester. Batteries are designed to provide full voltage until the end so a standard battery tester is worhless. The ZTS Pulse Load battery testers put a load on the battery and provide an accurate test of how much charge a battery can hold.

Batteries that my Maha chargers indicated were OK in reality were holding 40-80 percent of a charge. They will reach "full charge" faster but provide far fewer recharges of the flash capacitors.

May 16, 2022 at 06:14 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.