New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Problem with X100F aperture ring

plasticbath
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Problem with X100F aperture ring

Hi friends, having a weird issue with an X100f I just purchased from a member of the forum and I can’t tell if I’m missing something or if there is a problem with the camera. I’ve been using fujis for over 10 years so I’m normally well versed but this one has me stumped.

When the camera is switched to Manual Focus mode everytning operates as it should. When switched to S or C the aperture ring seems to half disengage. Essentially the ring moves to different apertures and the digital readout represents the correct aperture setting, but the aperture isn’t actually changing. The light meter doesn’t move and the exposure doesn’t change in live view (preview exp in manual mode is set to the correct setting). Even though the screen says the camera is set to F11, it is not actually shooting at F11. When you spin the aperture ring the screen sort of flickers as if it’s about to look darker or lighter but doesn’t. Even more curious - WHILE the camera is focusing the screen appears as though it’s stopping down to the intended aperture, but once it’s found focus it goes back to what I assume is f2.

Any ideas? I can attach a video if my description is too messy. In the photos you can see the aperture is set to f2 and f11 with no change in exposure.

Update: now I’ve realized that stopping down from f2 onward is actually only affecting the white balance? F2 is the coolest and as you stop down the WB gets warmer. I am stumped. Photos added.

Apr 30, 2022 at 07:43 PM
revhappy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Problem with X100F aperture ring

I don't own this camera, just came across this thread while looking to buy one, but with that said, it seems like the issue might be related to sticky aperture blades. If you turn the aperture ring and look at the lens, do you see the aperture blades opening and closing? If not, it seems like you'll just have to send it in for repair unfortunately.

Some links for reference:
https://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/6179-x100f-sticky-aperture-blades/

https://www.stuff-review.com/2012-02/your-fujifilm-x100-overexposes-images-how-to-check-for-the-sticky-aperture-blade-issue-video/

May 04, 2022 at 11:44 AM
mdude85
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Problem with X100F aperture ring

Can you post a pic of what your dials (on top of the camera) are set to? Also, what is the white balance setting?

May 04, 2022 at 02:06 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.