1       2       3              61      
       end

Canon R7

Mike_5D
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.62 #1 · p.62 #1 · Canon R7

bobbytan wrote:
The next Canon release will be another APS-C body?

https://www.canonrumors.com/the-next-full-frame-rf-mount-camera-will-be-a-replacement-for-the-canon-eos-r/

I wonder if that's the R100 or another one we don't know about.

I'm also curious to see what an updated R would fit into the lineup compared to the R6.

Aug 12, 2022 at 01:58 PM
Hairy Heron

Upload & Sell: Off
p.62 #2 · p.62 #2 · Canon R7

bobbytan wrote:
Just got off the phone to B&H. They told me they are "expecting a large shipment” next week - enough for them to fulfill all the back-orders! I wouldn't hold my breath for this, but I am hopeful that even if they didn't get a large enough shipment, those who ordered on the first day should be getting their copy.

I think there could be validity there. I ordered my R7 on Amazon (shipped and sold by) on 8/1 for "estimated arrival by 9/1" and noticed it remained available all day, into the evening before it sold out. The next day I received an email say delivery was moved up to "by 8/19." Curious I looked on Amazon again and saw they had another batch for sale with arrival "by 8/24," just a few days after mine. Then on Wednesday my R7 shipped w/ a confirmed delivery of 8/17, but I have a hunch it will come sooner as UPS frequently overestimates delivery dates by a day.

My R7 shipped from S.Cal., which is unusual for me since I'm on the east coast, so it must have just gotten off the boat. BH doesn't have fulfillment facilities in CA like Amazon so their shipment probably was trucked to NY, which would arrive next week. So, coming off what seemed to be a big drop of R7 kits last week, it looks like the R7 body-only bottleneck is about to be significantly loosened.

Aug 12, 2022 at 03:01 PM
gossamer88

Upload & Sell: Off
p.62 #3 · p.62 #3 · Canon R7

Mike_5D wrote:
I wonder if that's the R100 or another one we don't know about.

I'm also curious to see what an updated R would fit into the lineup compared to the R6.

They're definitely want to compete with...

https://youtu.be/OQ9B-9vUCME

Aug 14, 2022 at 07:02 PM
gavin_emmons
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.62 #4 · p.62 #4 · Canon R7

I gave up on my May 24 backorder with B&H, found a smaller store, and had the R7 delivered via FedEx Express in 2 days. Will be interested to see how it plays with my 100-500mm and 400mm DO II lenses.

Aug 14, 2022 at 07:28 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password