What is Lexis

Probably:

https://www.lexisnexis.com/

May 01, 2022 at 01:17 PM
dallvr
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

FINALLY got the card approved after waiting a long time after unfreezing my credit report. Should get the card someday soon. I don't think I will buy anything until I have the card in hand.

May 01, 2022 at 02:22 PM
GroovyGeek
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

Did not realize that they have gotten into the consumer reporting business. Oh joy, one more credit report to have to freeze and unfreeze. And now I am not allowed into my Experian account because my password has expired, and when I enter my DOB and SSN I am told that the two don't match. What a f****d up industry

jstrawman wrote:
Probably:

https://www.lexisnexis.com/

May 01, 2022 at 03:02 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

why do you have to freeze it in the first place?

May 01, 2022 at 03:19 PM
GroovyGeek
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

sjms wrote:
It does seem the ”hot mess” seems to be a two sided issue.

I have described my role in the initial decline and bear full responsibility for it. But there is no reason for subsequent declines, especially since in that period I purchased a new car which required unfreezing my credit report on the spot at the dealership (which confirmed that my credit score is well north of 800). The whole communication via snail mail is odd in this day and age of instant credit checks. Judging from this thread the issue is not isolated and appears to be related to the timing of the credit unfreeze. I have unfrozen all three of my credit files and will apply in 7 days. If I get declined again I am done. Amazon is happy to offer me 5% cashback with no such hassles and unquestioned return privileges. On a large purchase this adds up to quite a bit.

May 01, 2022 at 03:21 PM
GroovyGeek
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

sjms wrote:
why do you have to freeze it in the first place?

To prevent opportunities for identity theft, unauthorized opening of credit lines, etc. In this day an age even supposedly reputable companies like Wells Fargo play that game

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wells_Fargo_account_fraud_scandal

May 01, 2022 at 03:23 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

you really think that works, ok.

you also know that was an "inside job" on the retail banking side.

This blame was later shifted to a top-down pressure from higher-level management to open as many accounts as possible through cross-selling.

i guess its cash only and gotta go to a retail location and create a shell company for yourself and on and on.

May 01, 2022 at 03:26 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

GroovyGeek wrote:
What is Lexis?

https://consumer.risk.lexisnexis.com/

Henry Posner
henryp @ bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

May 03, 2022 at 02:10 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

GroovyGeek wrote:
@henryp@ FYI, not expecting special treatment ...

I appreciate the effort to use "@" to attract my attention but it seems this site doesn't work that way. It's just a lucky accident I stumbled on this when I did. Any time you want to tell me something or share something with me, it's best to email.

FWIW I am sorry for your difficulty and the stress it caused and apologize.

Henry Posner
henryp @ bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

May 03, 2022 at 02:14 PM
GroovyGeek
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

henryp wrote:
https://consumer.risk.lexisnexis.com/

Henry Posner
henryp @ bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Is Comenity using Lexi Nexis? When I called them the CSR could not (or would not) tell me what bureau they were using.

P.S. Just applied again and got a very unpromising

We Appreciate Your Interest
Comenity Capital Bank will review your information and give you an answer by mail within 10-14 business days. All credit decisions are the sole discretion of Comenity Capital Bank.

All my credit reports with the big 3 bureaus are unfrozen. Given that others have reported getting an instant response I am assuming that I have another "Dear John" letter coming my way. I guess 800+ credit score is not good enough for them. Too bad, this reduces the probability of me using B&H for major purchases in the future.

PS: my credit monitoring service just pinged me that they have detected a new credit application on my file via Experian from "Alliance Data" - which is the parent company of Comenity. So I guess we at least know that they are using Experian. And my Experian file is 100% unfrozne.

May 05, 2022 at 01:43 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

you know belligerence gets you nowhere. i know because i've been there.

May 05, 2022 at 03:05 AM
AZHeaven
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

GroovyGeek wrote:
Is Comenity using Lexi Nexis? When I called them the CSR could not (or would not) tell me what bureau they were using.

P.S. Just applied again and got a very unpromising

All my credit reports with the big 3 bureaus are unfrozen. Given that others have reported getting an instant response I am assuming that I have another "Dear John" letter coming my way. I guess 800+ credit score is not good enough for them. Too bad, this reduces the probability of me using B&H for major purchases in the future.

PS: my credit monitoring service just pinged me that they
...Show more

Too bad that in the year 2022 B & H just couldn't simply move the accounts over to the new company. Instead many have to jump through hoops.

May 05, 2022 at 09:18 AM
voltaire
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

Same experience with Comenity; credit frozen and the printed letter said apply a month later. Will try again.

May 05, 2022 at 09:26 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

there's will always be those with issues. its in their karma or self induced.

May 05, 2022 at 09:28 AM
pjheller
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

I applied again after getting the "rejected for credit freeze" issue. I waited 30+ days, unfroze my reports from the three major agencies and reapplied. Rejected again, this time due to a feeze by LexisNexus (where I never had a freeze and didn't even know they were a credit reporting agency).

So much for shopping at B&H.

May 12, 2022 at 01:52 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

I am sorry for this difficulty. Our Payboo FAQ says:

What should I do if I have a credit freeze in place?
In order for Comenity Capital Bank to process your application, all credit freezes must be temporarily lifted prior to applying. To lift all credit freezes, please contact the individual credit bureaus:
Experian https://experian.com/freeze/center.html
TransUnion https://transunion.com/credit-freeze
Equifax https://equifax.com/personal/credit-report-services/credit-freeze

Please note that Comenity Capital Bank may also pull additional credit history from the following agencies:
Innovis https://innovis.com/personal/creditReport
SageStream/Lexis Nexis https://consumer.risk.lexisnexis.com

Henry Posner
henryp @ bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

May 12, 2022 at 02:15 PM
pjheller
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

I don't remember ever putting a security freeze on at Innovis or SageStream. Obviously one was in place there, or so they say.

May 12, 2022 at 02:23 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

Just got my card a few days ago.

May 12, 2022 at 02:37 PM
Frank Kearney
• •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

I have been to the mountaintop and here is the deal:

1. You must have unfrozen your credit report from Experian, Transunion and Equifax. You should also check the other two mentioned - Lexis and Innovis - which I did but I do not have a frozen report there.

2. If you are rejected, you must wait for the letter from Comenity, (7 days or so) and then wait 24 days from the date of the rejection letter to reapply. If you reapply too early (I did) the whole process starts over and again you must wait until the date of the (2nd) rejection letter to reapply. This could go on for years unless you just forget about it and then realize a month has passed (2 for me) and then re-apply.

3. Contact each of the big three and unlock your report. I did so for 5 days even though they say they will check within the hour. Once all three are unlocked, check the other two and see if you have a freeze there which you must unfreeze. I did not.

4. Wait 24 hours because whatever can go wrong will and you have 5 days.

5. reapply. I did so and when I hit enter the little wheel thing spun for a while and then: SUCCESS!!... "Frank you have been approved" and for a lot larger credit line than I asked for; and no letters.

6. It doesn't matter who is right or who is wrong, it's who is in control, and Comenity is in control. You have to do it their way.

When I applied with Synchrony the experience was completely different. I applied and 10 minutes later got a phone call from a woman who said I needed to unlock my credit and she would help me. She did so and it was all done in 5 minutes. Because of that experience I let my guard down with Comenity and didn't read the application tome B&H has online and I won the freeze prize - twice.

As stated above, B&H do have all the pertinent info online and they are a mite techy if you call them out on the problems you are having, and I get it - When all else fails read the instructions - but it really is a whole lot different with these Comenity people. And they are required by law to send you a letter as to why you were not approved - email won't work - but Synchrony were a whole lot more customer savvy, and if you don't like the way it works see note 6. above.

B&H eating the sales tax is a game changer for me. The whole sales tax thing really bothers me but rule 6 applies again. So when I go to Amazon and see the price is the same as B&H I am buying from B&H because they are absolutely going to cost me less money, they pay shipping to get to me in NC, and I usually get it in 2 days - and no "Prime" membership needed.

I don't know why B&H changed horses in mid stream but it must have been big, because they are sharp business people, but still I think I would have expected lots of people like me would be applying and I would have but up a big red sign on the front with an asterisk stating - *MAKE SURE YOUR CREDIT REPORT IS UNFROZEN OR YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT 30 DAYS TO REAPPLY. Expecting customers to read and understand the rules is completely unreasonable.

On the plus side, your capital expenditures for unnecessary and expensive camera gear will plummet while you are in freeze limbo.

See Henry! I told you it wasn't just me!!

Cheers!

May 12, 2022 at 03:36 PM
Robin Smith
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · The new Payboo card is one hot mess

I have always assumed the change and dropping the original Payboo was as mich a Synchrony thing not a B&H thing. I was approved, no issues.

May 12, 2022 at 04:36 PM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password