1       2      
       end

Short M Camera Strap

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Short M Camera Strap

Fred Miranda wrote:
After 2 weeks using the Leica paracord (Cooph) strap, I don't see any marks on my silver M10-R. Just in case, I just ordered this elongated leather donut to make sure it does not mark the camera.

https://shop.deadcameras.com/accessories/26-elongated-soft-leather-strap-protectors-for-rangefinders.html

I would definitely use this donut if I had a black chrome body which seems to get a lot of marks from leather straps rubbing on side.

My elongated leather donuts from deadcameras.com arrived today and it's the best solution I've seen so far. It stays in place and protect the sides of the Leica M.
It came pretty quickly from Portugal.

I've tried the rubber o-ring idea and but it does not stop the strap from rubbing on the camera side.

May 23, 2022 at 06:30 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Short M Camera Strap

Desmolicious wrote:
I just ordered a couple of these. I'm trying to hit the sweet spot of me being cheap but still getting something nice.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164628785779?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=464163183362&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Replying to myself.... these straps came in today.

Great colour, nicely made, thick leather, a bit stinky (hopefully that smell fades), but.... you know there had to be a but.... they are very thin width wise. Compared to the OEM Leica strap that came with the M10r, it is a little narrower than the Leica strap at it's narrowest point. But the Leica strap gets wider as it gets to the middle of the strap. My ebay strap does not - it stays the same width the entire length. It is almost half the width of the Leica strap at the point where the Leica strap is it's widest!
Now the OEM leather M10r strap is not what we'd call a wide strap..

Given the weight of the M10r, I'm not going to use this thin strap on it, but just keep the OEM Leica strap. I have put them on my M-A and one of my M7s, as those cameras are a bit lighter than digital Ms. I'll see how they work out. They do look nice!

May 25, 2022 at 10:58 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password