New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

efroten

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

efroten wrote:
Ordered one from BB eBay store last Monday, has not shipped yet. I believe I was #71. I contacted BB customer service via chat and they said it should arrive at the warehouse on 5/31. I also contacted BB customer service over the phone and they said 5/30, but they also added that my order would be canceled if the product did not arrive at the warehouse on 5/30 and that I would have to call them again on 5.30 to try and extend the order hold... they would not do this while I was on the phone with them.
...Show more

Spoke to BB CS again today, they screwed me over.They are now telling me they oversold the stock and do not have one to ship me. My order will be refunded after 14 days of being on backorder. This is obviously not the same info they gave me on Friday. I made it clear this was frustrating because they clearly did not tell me accurate info and they sold me a product they did not have. They gave me a $10 rewards credit to make up for it.

Glad I placed an order on Adorama.

May 30, 2022 at 01:21 PM
anselwannab
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

I still get the bi-weekly email from B&H that it is not in stock yet, black.

I bought an M10 in the mean time, so I think Iíll wait for the ĎWí or whatever theyíll call it. We are getting close to their refresh point. I do hope that they donít XPro it and move it away from the minamalist intent and optical viewfinder. Having shot the M, I appreciate my ĎTí more, but the lens and the sensor are so weak.

Jun 08, 2022 at 08:10 PM
mjschomer

p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

FYI, Silver X100V appears to be in-stock at Amazon. I just ordered mine.

Correction: Doesn't ship until July 12

Jun 11, 2022 at 09:42 AM
MaunaKea7007
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

I'm waiting for a black copy. I ordered from B&H in mid May. Yes, e-mails from B&H say, "We have no idea when..."

I was struck by the comment above that "We are near the model rollover point..."

In the current environment, and with three models already spoken about that will emerge between now (XH-2S) and September (XH-2) and Spring 2023 (XT-5) how could Fujifilm shoehorn in actual delivery of an X100(something) before later summer 2023?

I have an X100T and if I thought there was an IBIS-equipped version coming I *might* wait but that's a loooong time.

I did think about waiting for a 40MPxl and IBIS-stabilized X-Pro4, because I like my X-Pro2. I think *that's* the late 2023 arrival. I haven't minded the wait for the X100V because this allows me time to consider which camera I really want - and for which would I wait as much as a year? I've used and loved my X100T since Fall 2014.

My XP2 is nice, too. I'm now trying - on my XP2 - the 27WR and 18mm f2 (bought this used, again, because I sold my first 18 pancake back a while...)

But will the chips be available for all these future bodies? Good question.

Jul 07, 2022 at 01:09 AM
mjschomer

p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

For what itís worth, I got mine from Amazon about two weeks earlier than what they originally said. I paid retail price, not the jacked up prices of some of the third party sellers. While I was waiting for my silver copy from Amazon, I had an opportunity to buy a black copy at retail, from Best Buy, but decided to wait. They are out there, especially if you arenít too picky where they come from.

Jul 07, 2022 at 06:17 AM
MaunaKea7007
• •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

Worth the wait for me. I'll be paying the retail price. B&H covers my 10% state sales tax. (And sends the $$ to WA state.) A much-appreciated arrangement.

Are you happy with the camera so far?

Jul 08, 2022 at 01:51 AM
mjschomer

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

MaunaKea7007 wrote:
Are you happy with the camera so far?

Iíve been eying the X100 series since they were first announced 11-ish years ago. In the short time Iíve had my X100V, Iíve come to really enjoy it. I might like it better than any digital camera Iíve owned. The ergonomics are perfect for me, it feels like a film camera in many way, especially using the OVF. Itís my first Fujifilm camera, and the JPEG output is everything people claim. The grain in Acros at high ISO is gorgeous, Iíd be happy never going below ISO 3200. On the color side, Iím trying to decide if I like Classic Chrome or Classic Neg better.

So anyway, yes, I'm happy so far. I hope yours comes soon. I released my pre-order from B&H when I got mine, so hopefully you are one closer in line.

Jul 08, 2022 at 06:06 AM
MaunaKea7007
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

Not surprised you love the X100V.

I've been shooting an X100T since Fall 2014. I also have an X-Pro2. Well, and an X-Pro1... Yikes! What's wrong with me <grin>

The X-Pro1 I keep because I think it would be interesting to loan it to people, but I've noticed that they are fetching better $$ than I thought. The XP2 I use with 35mm f1.4 mostly, although while I wait for the B&H unit I have been experimenting with the 27mm WR on that XP2.

In case I discovered to could skip the X100V.

But I loved the X100T enough to know that's probably not going to be the outcome.

Jul 09, 2022 at 01:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

MaunaKea7007 wrote:
Not surprised you love the X100V.

I've been shooting an X100T since Fall 2014. I also have an X-Pro2. Well, and an X-Pro1... Yikes! What's wrong with me <grin>

The X-Pro1 I keep because I think it would be interesting to loan it to people, but I've noticed that they are fetching better $$ than I thought. The XP2 I use with 35mm f1.4 mostly, although while I wait for the B&H unit I have been experimenting with the 27mm WR on that XP2.

In case I discovered to could skip the X100V.

But I loved the X100T enough to know that's
...Show more

The little 27mm f/2.8 is what has kept me from getting a X100v or, before that, the X100f. I had a chance to shoot with the latter camera a few years ago, and I liked it a whole lot ó both in terms of functionality/design and photographic quality. I really wanted to own one and, honestly, I still do.

But the 27mm f/2.8 ó especially the new version with the aperture ring ó also makes for a very small package... and it gives me all of the interchangeable lens options that I like to have. (For an even smaller alternative look at the XE4 with the 27mm lens.)

Dan

Jul 09, 2022 at 09:08 AM
MaunaKea7007
• •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

gdanmitchell wrote:
I really wanted to own one and, honestly, I still do.

But the 27mm f/2.8 ó especially the new version with the aperture ring ó also makes for a very small package...
Dan

Dan, thanks for adding your thoughts here.

As took up professional photography in the second half of the 1960s (through photojournalism), images most rewarding to heart and mind were captured with my M2 and its 35mm f2. I did at some point buy a Leica 90mm and I don't know that I ever put the lens on the M2 during a shoot. Client requirements called for Nikon F bodies, glass, and motors, sure, but the 35mm FOV connected with emotion and offered appropriate visual context. NO feeling of delay shooting.

Okay, it becomes 2011. At a camera store I see the first x100. The very sight of it hits me like a dream about an emotionally rewarding girlfriend of my twenties. But, at-the-time clients did not need what such a tool creates. Cautious, I passed. Bulking up the Canon dSLR kit. (I am sure the same summer's purchase of a Canon 17mm f4 TSE tilt-and-shift - with its heart-attack price - affected my willingness to add the very personal X100...)

To recreate the M2 experience I tried an early Panasonic Lumix ILC mirrorless. Nope. Then through 2012-2014 I tried to love the Sony NEX with that so-so 16mm (24FOV) lens. Nope. Meanwhile, the 100-series reached "T". Reviews made it sound grown up. I jump (Fall 2014). Bingo.

Life hasn't allowed a lot of shooting with the 27 on the XP2 while waiting for B&H stock of black X100V bodies to catch up. So far it's a bit in-between in FOV. Yes, I do like the aperture ring. I did also buy a Fuji 18mm f2 to be part of the same experiment. (Had owned one before...) Over the past few years I have enjoyed the FOV of the Fuji 35mm f1.4 which was a interesting surprise. But I carry the T out the door a lot, so...

The "Buy it?" clarity I sought still eludes me, so if the call comes today I will... I don't truly know... but, like you, "I really wanted to own one, and still do."

Thanks, again, for adding your perspective, which I always appreciate here.

Jul 10, 2022 at 10:16 AM
darrellc
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

Whatís with the X100V prices? I was thinking about picking up one for an upcoming trip and canít believe used prices. Is Fuji still producing the camera, is there any new stock trickling into the channel? Any chance of finding one at normal retail? Shouldnít have sold mine a while ago at $1100!

At these used prices, if I was Fuji, Iíd just sell whatever new units I could produce on the used market through a clandestine operation.

Aug 09, 2022 at 01:57 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

darrellc wrote:
Whatís with the X100V prices? I was thinking about picking up one for an upcoming trip and canít believe used prices. Is Fuji still producing the camera, is there any new stock trickling into the channel? Any chance of finding one at normal retail? Shouldnít have sold mine a while ago at $1100!

At these used prices, if I was Fuji, Iíd just sell whatever new units I could produce on the used market through a clandestine operation.

Simple supply and demand at work. Calling stock a trickle makes trickles look like the Colorado River. Wait, that's a trickle too, now...

Aug 09, 2022 at 02:07 PM
RyanDelaney
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

darrellc wrote:

I just got one in the mail today from a US retailer, MSRP + tax. I paid their required deposit on May 30th and only had to wait 2 months and a week to get it. I've had about 14 of these cameras over the years and here I am again. Hard to believe what they are fetching on the used market. I think I'll hang on to this one for a while...

Aug 11, 2022 at 11:07 PM
darrellc
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

RyanDelaney wrote:
I just got one in the mail today from a US retailer, MSRP + tax. I paid their required deposit on May 30th and only had to wait 2 months and a week to get it. I've had about 14 of these cameras over the years and here I am again. Hard to believe what they are fetching on the used market. I think I'll hang on to this one for a while...

I bet one of the other 13 was a camera I either bought from you or sold to you!

Aug 12, 2022 at 12:54 AM
RyanDelaney
• • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

darrellc wrote:
I bet one of the other 13 was a camera I either bought from you or sold to you!

Haha! Probably!

Aug 12, 2022 at 09:27 AM
Hodie
• • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

I just received shipping notification from Adorama for a X100V (black) I ordered for a friend. I ordered about 2 months ago. The original ETA said 7/10, but here it is a month and about a week later.

Aug 16, 2022 at 01:39 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password