Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3       4       end
  

Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

  
 
stuuke
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


TENOG wrote:
A used one with only 300 actuations showed up here on FM today for $1275. Probably gone by now.


Yeah, those usually go in an hour or two. The last two posted were $1500+ and sold.



May 01, 2022 at 03:01 PM
gdanmitchell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


stuuke wrote:
I've asked B&H and they haven't given me any indication that more are coming or that they're still shipping orders.


It currently says "back-ordered." We've recently purchased a couple of "back-ordered" Fujifilm items from B&H — a XE4 body and the updated 27mm f/2.8 lens.

In order to get into the queue for when the products finally do arrive — and they will arrive eventually — you have to place an order. You won't be charged until it ships, and you can cancel your order if you change your mind or find another source for the camera. But you WILL be in the queue, and when the thing inevitably does arrive you will be in line for it.

How long will you have to wait? Who knows. I waited quite a few months for the 27mm lens. We waited two or three weeks for the camera body.

My recommendation? You might as well place an order and get a position in line. By the way, if you wait until they remove the "back-ordered" indication to place your order, you may have a very, very long wait. Meanwhile, folks who ordered earlier will be getting their cameras.

The exception would be if you literally "need" the camera right now. In that case, you'll likely have to suck it up and pay list price or a bit more for a used copy.

Good luck,

Dan



May 01, 2022 at 03:47 PM
Sharona
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


gdanmitchell wrote:
It currently says "back-ordered." We've recently purchased a couple of "back-ordered" Fujifilm items from B&H — a XE4 body and the updated 27mm f/2.8 lens.

In order to get into the queue for when the products finally do arrive — and they will arrive eventually — you have to place an order. You won't be charged until it ships, and you can cancel your order if you change your mind or find another source for the camera. But you WILL be in the queue, and when the thing inevitably does arrive you will be in line for it.

How long will you have to
...Show more]
I suppose Dan makes a good point here. I finally got one here on the forum, but I had been on B&H's watch list. I was getting email notifications that they were not in stock for months - it's been about six months now. Perhaps if you just place an order, you'll get a camera instead of a notification, which could be useless as they will sell out again before you can click "place in cart." What a kerfluffle.




May 02, 2022 at 10:09 AM
mdude85
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


A lot of Fuji products are still backordered on the major retailers. Moment says that the X100V has a supply shortage for "a few more months". Once that supply bottleneck is opened, the retailers then have to ship the products to the consumers who have already put in orders to buy them, possibly depleting the stock rather quickly. Then new products must be ordered by the retailers from Fuji, and whether Fuji has the ability to quickly fill those orders is anyone's guess. Hopefully these bottlenecks will be alleviated quickly or else people will lose interest and choose competing products.

If you really want this camera now your only real option is to buy used or try your luck at local camera shops. Only a few come up on the B&S forum here every few weeks. But I would not pay over $1400. I got mine from a seller on Craigslist for about $1100. This is in New York City where there is likely a lot more movement, compared to a smaller city or town.

My personal opinion is that the camera is not worth waiting 6+ months to arrive. It's very similar to the XE4 paired with a 23mm lens, which will probably arrive more quickly. The XE4 is also backordered at a few major retailers but is allegedly expected to be available in a couple weeks.



May 02, 2022 at 10:53 AM
gdanmitchell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


mdude85 wrote:
A lot of Fuji products are still backordered on the major retailers. Moment says that the X100V has a supply shortage for "a few more months". Once that supply bottleneck is opened, the retailers then have to ship the products to the consumers who have already put in orders to buy them, possibly depleting the stock rather quickly. Then new products must be ordered by the retailers from Fuji, and whether Fuji has the ability to quickly fill those orders is anyone's guess. Hopefully these bottlenecks will be alleviated quickly or else people will lose interest and choose competing
...Show more

The thing about going ahead and ordering is that if you DO end up wanting it you'll get it sooner than if you didn't order, you'll get it at list price, and you can cancel the order at any time. If you don't need the camera right now, there's really no downside to putting in an order and waiting.

I agree with your list of options: Place order with an online vendor and wait, try to search out a smaller vendor who has one, get a used copy.

One thing about the "supply shortage for a few months" thing is that this doesn't necessarily mean there will be NO X100v cameras in the supply line. It might mean that — it seemed so with the 27mm f/2.8, but I digress... But it is more likely that the camera will continue to ship, just not in numbers sufficient to meet immediate demand. And, again, if this is the case... those who place an order and get on a wait list will be among those who get the units that do ship.

Regarding the XE4, I've had a bit of an epiphany about that camera since my wife got on recently. Having owned the original XE1 way back when I first used Fujifilm, I thought that the XE series was essentially "competent but not serious" cameras. But after using hers with the 27mm f/2.8, I have to say that it is a pretty viable small camera option. There are things that the X100v has that it lacks, but these may or may not be as critical as we imagine... and it does work with interchangeable lenses. With the 27mm f/2.8 it is smaller and lighter than the X100v.

I'm not saying it is going to right for everyone, but it is worth a look.

Dan



May 02, 2022 at 11:24 AM
stuuke
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


Fujifilm has the X100V in stock if anyone is looking. I'd act quickly.

For some reason posting the link won't work but here it is

https://fujifilm-x.registria.com/products/0-74101-20028-7



May 05, 2022 at 07:30 AM
anselwannab
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


Interesting. I didn't like that web address, but when I google search for Fuji and go to their website, I eventually get to that link.

Odd that they wold fill their own webstore before the big shops. I just got my B&H out of stock message for the 6+ straight month.



May 10, 2022 at 12:10 PM
Jun Zhou
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


Wow, I didn’t know X100v was that back ordered at BH coz I just placed an order like 2 weeks ago. Lol

anselwannab wrote:
Interesting. I didn't like that web address, but when I google search for Fuji and go to their website, I eventually get to that link.

Odd that they wold fill their own webstore before the big shops. I just got my B&H out of stock message for the 6+ straight month.




May 10, 2022 at 01:07 PM
stuuke
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


Looks like the black is back in stock through the Fuji store. I've had one on order from B&H for awhile now with no luck.


May 10, 2022 at 01:14 PM
Desmolicious
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


anselwannab wrote:
Odd that they wold fill their own webstore before the big shops. I just got my B&H out of stock message for the 6+ straight month.


Not really. They realize a much bigger profit by selling directly than using a middle man like B&H.



May 10, 2022 at 04:45 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

anselwannab
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


Jun Zhou wrote:
Wow, I didn’t know X100v was that back ordered at BH coz I just placed an order like 2 weeks ago. Lol



Did you get it or are you on a wait list?



May 10, 2022 at 11:57 PM
stuuke
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


X100V back in stock at MSRP on Amazon for those looking.


May 21, 2022 at 09:50 AM
Jun Zhou
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


Bestbuy Ebay Store has a lot of X100v Silver in stock. 75 units are sold and u can still place the order.


May 24, 2022 at 12:51 AM
zConcept
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


You can play the game and hope to get one or you can just back order it and get it in a month or two. I back ordered my x100v last fall. I had to wait a month but it came and I've been enjoying it ever since. I got a xe4 coming with the 27mm in the mail. Again backorder, the cameras exist! Have some faith and patience my fellow good people.


May 24, 2022 at 10:11 AM
Jun Zhou
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


zConcept wrote:
You can play the game and hope to get one or you can just back order it and get it in a month or two. I back ordered my x100v last fall. I had to wait a month but it came and I've been enjoying it ever since. I got a xe4 coming with the 27mm in the mail. Again backorder, the cameras exist! Have some faith and patience my fellow good people.


do u mean BestBuy ebay Store is selling nonstock X100v? I personally don't think so. My few friends have ordered from Bestbuy Ebay Store, and I will check when they would get shipping notification.



May 24, 2022 at 02:30 PM
Hodie
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


I put in an order for a black one at Adorama, as it’s the only site that gives an ETA on delivery. It says it will arrive 7/10 and be delivered 7/13. No date for silver. Fingers crossed!


May 28, 2022 at 11:00 PM
Jun Zhou
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


just an update, 4 of my friends placed an order on Bestbuy Ebay store, and all of their orders were shipped on Friday.


May 29, 2022 at 01:40 PM
efroten
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


Ordered one from BB eBay store last Monday, has not shipped yet. I believe I was #71. I contacted BB customer service via chat and they said it should arrive at the warehouse on 5/31. I also contacted BB customer service over the phone and they said 5/30, but they also added that my order would be canceled if the product did not arrive at the warehouse on 5/30 and that I would have to call them again on 5.30 to try and extend the order hold... they would not do this while I was on the phone with them. The person who ordered #74 posted on reddit that they had their order canceled because BB was out of stock. Tempted to order the black one from adorama just in case...

Oh, and for reference focus camera has been listing Sept. 3rd as the eta for their stock.



May 29, 2022 at 03:52 PM
Palmguy
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


I got lucky I guess…was able to place an order for a black X100V from Amazon (sold by Amazon, not a third party) last Sunday, and it shipped on Friday. Should be here Wednesday. I’ve had an order in with B&H for a few weeks that I guess I’ll cancel once the Amazon package arrives.


May 29, 2022 at 07:03 PM
Hodie
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?


I ended up buying an essentially new one from a fellow member. Once it arrives, I will cancel my Adorama order. Hopefully that allows the next person in line to get it quicker.

Hodie wrote:
I put in an order for a black one at Adorama, as it’s the only site that gives an ETA on delivery. It says it will arrive 7/10 and be delivered 7/13. No date for silver. Fingers crossed!




May 30, 2022 at 10:41 AM
1      
2
       3       4       end






FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3       4       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password