New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

photray
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

Can anyone recommend where to find a new Fujifilm X-100V camera in stock?

Apr 11, 2022 at 02:20 PM
mdude85
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

I recommend calling the smaller/independent camera shops in your area.

Apr 11, 2022 at 02:51 PM
atwoolbright

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

What that person said ^^^. Backordered at the big stores. I signed up for stock alerts, but we’ll see how that goes. Bought an X100f in the meantime.

Apr 11, 2022 at 07:57 PM
photray
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

Thanks for the replies, I agree.

Apr 11, 2022 at 08:10 PM
owyhee
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

I was going to buy the XE-4 since the X100V is unavailable, guess what, XE-4 is also unavailable.

Apr 11, 2022 at 08:26 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

owyhee wrote:
I was going to buy the XE-4 since the X100V is unavailable, guess what, XE-4 is also unavailable.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1750852

Apr 11, 2022 at 09:45 PM
mdude85
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

It is shown as in-stock on Amazon, but sold by a third party for $1899. That's quite a premium on the MSRP of $1399. Plus, unsure of what kind of warranty would come with it.

Seeing as used X100Vs are going for around $1200, that might be the way to go.

Apr 12, 2022 at 01:12 PM
photray
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

Thanks, used LNIB is probably the way I will go. $500 premium for possible (probable?) grey market is a bit much to swallow.

Apr 12, 2022 at 01:17 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

If you want one of these (or any of quite a few other Fujifilm products) right now your choices are, more or less:

1. Pay a big premium to get it right now.

2. Order from one of the big retailers and be prepared to wait perhaps a few weeks.

3. Search around and see if you can find some smaller dealer that happens to have one in stock.

4. Buy used, though used prices are also high right now.

We're used to being able to "want today, order today." But right now it can be difficult to satisfy that expectation. In most cases we can afford to order now and wait a few weeks, I think. The Fujifilm gear is shipping, but you have to plan ahead a bit.

Dan

Apr 12, 2022 at 02:17 PM
photray
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

Makes sense, thanks.

Apr 12, 2022 at 02:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Joseph.
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

Keep an eye on the B&S section. Just got mine from there, albeit for almost the same price as a brand new one but I love it! Worth every penny IMO and a nice upgrade from my old X100F.

Also keep an eye on Best Buy website. They had them in stock a few weeks ago.

Apr 12, 2022 at 04:57 PM
adnan76
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

Abe's of Maine had one listed new for about $1500, so I hit "buy". I get a call from them a bit later saying that this was a Chinese market camera (which is fine, I expected a non-warranty product from them). Then he goes on to say, "it won't come with anything - no box, batteries, charger". I thought about it and said that I'd still take it, figuring I could pick up those items easy enough. Finally, he says "OK, but it's going to take 8 weeks to get here. But I can sell you a US market camera right now for $2000".

lol... I asked for my money back, and picked up a Ricoh GRIIIx from Amazon.

Apr 20, 2022 at 12:24 PM
stuuke
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

I've been searching for a few months and haven't had much luck finding them at stores. Occasionally one will pop up for MSRP at Amazon but you have to be really quick. I haven't seen one at Adorama or B&H since I started looking. I tried chatting with support to see if they're even receiving them and had no luck.

Edited on Apr 20, 2022 at 03:40 PM · View previous versions

Apr 20, 2022 at 12:34 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

adnan76 wrote:
Abe's of Maine had one listed new for about $1500, so I hit "buy". I get a call from them a bit later saying that this was a Chinese market camera (which is fine, I expected a non-warranty product from them). Then he goes on to say, "it won't come with anything - no box, batteries, charger". I thought about it and said that I'd still take it, figuring I could pick up those items easy enough. Finally, he says "OK, but it's going to take 8 weeks to get here. But I can sell you a US market camera
...Show more

There are a lot of stories that follow this precise trajectory.

Perhaps others who know more about the history than I can chime in, but I think I recall that years ago Abe's was once regarded as a pretty reliable dealer... but was then purchased by others. Since then I've seen stories about experiences that sound less than wonderful — like the one described here.

This particular scam – advertising at list price, then trying everything to talk the buyer out of buying that product and into over-paying for the actual product — is a familiar story. If I'm not mistaken, in some cases I've heard of (perhaps from other dealers) when folks have actually said, "fine, send me the 'Chinese' camera..." they seller finds a way to cancel the order.

"When it doubt, doubt" and "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.'

Dan

Apr 20, 2022 at 01:09 PM
photray
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

To end my part of the thread, I finally received a new Fujifilm X100V black from a USA dealer at retail price today. I had put my name on a list with a smaller store and they just called me, I was next in line.

So, thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments.

Now, out to shoot!

Apr 29, 2022 at 11:17 AM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

adnan76 wrote:
Abe's of Maine had one listed new for about $1500, so I hit "buy". I get a call from them a bit later saying that this was a Chinese market camera (which is fine, I expected a non-warranty product from them). Then he goes on to say, "it won't come with anything - no box, batteries, charger". I thought about it and said that I'd still take it, figuring I could pick up those items easy enough. Finally, he says "OK, but it's going to take 8 weeks to get here. But I can sell you a US market camera
...Show more

That's why I will never buy anything there.

Apr 30, 2022 at 05:25 PM
stuuke
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

Now they're going for $1500 on B&S. Yuck.

May 01, 2022 at 10:35 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

stuuke wrote:
Now they're going for $1500 on B&S. Yuck.

You know... if you just place an order for a new one at your favorite retailer you will get it at list price in a few weeks.

May 01, 2022 at 11:40 AM
TENOG

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

A used one with only 300 actuations showed up here on FM today for $1275. Probably gone by now.

May 01, 2022 at 01:52 PM
stuuke
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fujifilm X100V In Stock?

gdanmitchell wrote:
You know... if you just place an order for a new one at your favorite retailer you will get it at list price in a few weeks.

I've asked B&H and they haven't given me any indication that more are coming or that they're still shipping orders.

May 01, 2022 at 03:00 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password