p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Birdscapes

jbledsoe wrote:
All excellent photos, love the colors.

Desmolicious wrote:
Love these!

RoyCh wrote:
Beautiful images indeed.

Karl Witt wrote:
A well earned award Dan. These truly are wonderful creations of all that you were seeing and combine an excellent combination of birds, landscapes and waterscapes and beautiful light ...... excellent eye sir!

Karl

Ross Martin wrote:
Well-deserved win Dan 👍🏼

Thanks to all of you. I'm already looking forward to next fall and winter when I can again photograph this subject!

Dan

Apr 13, 2022 at 07:14 PM
billsamuels
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Birdscapes

Beautiful photos Dan. Looks like one of the Sacramento River National Preserve units off of I-5. When the waterfowl take off, the sky turns dark there are so many birds in the sky. Most people in Sacramento don't even know what lies a few minutes away! Nice captures. I really like the dormant trees in the fog.
Bill

Apr 15, 2022 at 05:20 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Birdscapes

A well deserved win Dan. It is a pleasure to see these images with the super colors and compositions you always produce. The last in the fog shows your ability to see form and make a stunning image using it.

Morris

Apr 15, 2022 at 06:52 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Birdscapes

morris wrote:
A well deserved win Dan. It is a pleasure to see these images with the super colors and compositions you always produce. The last in the fog shows your ability to see form and make a stunning image using it.

Morris

billsamuels wrote:
Beautiful photos Dan. Looks like one of the Sacramento River National Preserve units off of I-5. When the waterfowl take off, the sky turns dark there are so many birds in the sky. Most people in Sacramento don't even know what lies a few minutes away! Nice captures. I really like the dormant trees in the fog.
Bill

I promise to not just keep replying to all comments, but since there are a couple more since I last checked in...

... thank you to both of you.

The Central Valley fog vies with the migratory birds when it comes to my reasons for photographing out there in the winter. Truth be told, the ideal is a foggy day with birds!

This does remind one of those areas up near Sacramento. There are tons of such places all up and down the Central (Sacrament and San Joaquin) Valley. I've visited quite a few of them, but I think that I've barely scratched the surface of what is available. And, Bill, you are right that most people have little idea of what's out there. In fact, I lived in the Bay Area for decades before I found out about the migratory birds in the Valley, and that was only via an accidental conversation with a friend one morning in a line at an espresso stand where we both worked!

Dan

Apr 18, 2022 at 12:50 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password