Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
  

Seeking X-mount 135mm AF prime for live performance photography

  
 
chiron
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Seeking X-mount 135mm AF prime for live performance photography


steveb wrote:
Thanks! That was indeed the Canon 135 F2. I think I was shooting a 5DM2 at that time.

That lens and a Canon full-frame DSLR was a great combo.

Steve



Why are you choosing to go aps-c? Any concerns about the change?



Jul 07, 2022 at 02:19 PM
steveb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Seeking X-mount 135mm AF prime for live performance photography


chiron wrote:
Why are you choosing to go aps-c? Any concerns about the change?


I love full full frame, but here it is: Downsizing. Weight mostly. Iím finding the Fuji system fun to use.

Downsides: image quality not quite as good, focus not nearly as good as my R5.




Jul 07, 2022 at 04:32 PM
fsiagian
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Seeking X-mount 135mm AF prime for live performance photography



gyoung143 wrote:
I just bought a Fringer Nikon to Fuji, looking forward to seeing what I can do with it, a good modern 70-200 looks attractive, as well as longer, to replace my old Nikon stuff.

Gerry

How do you like the fringer nikon-fuji adapter?



Jul 07, 2022 at 07:53 PM
gyoung143
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Seeking X-mount 135mm AF prime for live performance photography



fsiagian wrote:
How do you like the fringer nikon-fuji adapter?

Works very nicely, only lens I've tried a lot is a Sigma 100-400, which works great on af-s, although perhaps a tiny bit more hesitant to lock on focus than when that lens is on my Nikon D7000. Very occasionally it won't AF, but switching the camera off and on again sorts it. Dont use af-c much so can't comment on that.
A bonus is that any AF or manual lens with a chip (such as Voigtlander SLII) gets semi auto diaphragm operation, lens stops down to set aperture (from full aperture) with a half press of the shutter release.

Gerry



Jul 08, 2022 at 04:24 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

edseiz
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Seeking X-mount 135mm AF prime for live performance photography


I photograph musicians quite frequently and my go to lens is the Fuji 50-140mm. I use an X-T3 and my ISO is in the 800-1600 range. If I find myself needing more light in a smaller venue, I use my 90mm f2. These lenses are killer sharp and never miss focus. I do change my tracking to a faster setting and I on occasion go to 3200. Rent either or both, I did and now I own both.


Jul 14, 2022 at 04:51 AM
steveb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Seeking X-mount 135mm AF prime for live performance photography


edseiz wrote:
I photograph musicians quite frequently and my go to lens is the Fuji 50-140mm. I use an X-T3 and my ISO is in the 800-1600 range. If I find myself needing more light in a smaller venue, I use my 90mm f2. These lenses are killer sharp and never miss focus. I do change my tracking to a faster setting and I on occasion go to 3200. Rent either or both, I did and now I own both.


That is good advice. I have a Viltrox 85mm F1.8, which has worked well for most of my shooting. Probably not quite as sharp as the Fuji 90 F2. Itís that 135mm F2 prime Iím missing. Yes, I should probably try the 50-140. Itís just so big!

Thanks,
Steve



Jul 14, 2022 at 05:03 PM
edseiz
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Seeking X-mount 135mm AF prime for live performance photography


steveb wrote:
That is good advice. I have a Viltrox 85mm F1.8, which has worked well for most of my shooting. Probably not quite as sharp as the Fuji 90 F2. Itís that 135mm F2 prime Iím missing. Yes, I should probably try the 50-140. Itís just so big!

Thanks,
Steve


Steve,

It does take a little getting use to, the weight that is, but once you see your results... it's like a super power, the weight does no longer feel like a burden. Just kidding, it does have OIS, and if you shoot an x-T4, you get extra stability. Let me know how you make out. The 90 is a great start. I feel it is Fuji's sharpest lens followed very close behind is the 50-140. Good luck.

Ed



Jul 14, 2022 at 10:07 PM
1      
2
       end






FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password