New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Olympus M.Zuiko 150-400 F/4.5 Tripod Foot

molson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Olympus M.Zuiko 150-400 F/4.5 Tripod Foot

The good news is, the Arca Swiss dovetails on the OM 150-400mm f4.5 actually fit in my RRS lever-release clamps - a first for any lens I've owned that has the built-in dovetails.

However, I would like to use a QD swivel to have a quick-release strap attachment for the lens, and don't want to add an extra plate just for this. I was wondering if anyone has tried one of the aftermarket tripod mounts on this lens? Apparently the mounting screw placement is exactly the same as the Sony FE 400mm f2.8 GM and 600mm f4 GM lenses, so the RRS LCF-103, Kirk LP-67 and Leofoto SF-03 should fit.

Mar 18, 2022 at 10:13 AM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Olympus M.Zuiko 150-400 F/4.5 Tripod Foot

I tried a Jobo brand Canon lens replacement foot (600mm f/4) and it fits. But the existing screws seemed just a slight bit long for me to feel comfortable tightening down all the way. Since Jobo should match RRS in the thickness might be same for all canon?

I felt could get by with it as is. But for me perhaps a thin washer to keep it from bottoming out all the way.

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:52 AM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Olympus M.Zuiko 150-400 F/4.5 Tripod Foot

Also I kept the existing Oly foot and added a Wimberly lens plate and permanently mounted the Cotton Carrier hub to the back of it. This allows my gal to mount the lens on any support and use the cotton carrier system without adding or removing hardware.

Replacing the foot you will have a hole and have to deal with the cap for the locking device on the interface between the foot and the lens.

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:59 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Olympus M.Zuiko 150-400 F/4.5 Tripod Foot

PV Hiker wrote:
Replacing the foot you will have a hole and have to deal with the cap for the locking device on the interface between the foot and the lens.

There's already a hole there for the cable lock, so I don't think that's a big deal... nor is cutting a small notch for the little plastic cover.

Mar 18, 2022 at 12:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Olympus M.Zuiko 150-400 F/4.5 Tripod Foot

PV Hiker wrote:
Also I kept the existing Oly foot and added a Wimberly lens plate and permanently mounted the Cotton Carrier hub to the back of it. This allows my gal to mount the lens on any support and use the cotton carrier system without adding or removing hardware.

I see Leofoto now has a CF-03 foot for Canon lenses, which does not have the same hole as the Sony SF-03 foot but appears to have the same hole pattern and dimensions for the fasteners.

Sep 23, 2022 at 04:58 PM
sapro
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Olympus M.Zuiko 150-400 F/4.5 Tripod Foot

I use Kirk LP-67 on my 150-400, and like its low profile.

Sep 23, 2022 at 07:42 PM
seanoc
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Olympus M.Zuiko 150-400 F/4.5 Tripod Foot

sapro wrote:
I use Kirk LP-67 on my 150-400, and like its low profile.

I assume it clears the hood properly with the hood reversed. Any chance you can post a pic of it?

Sean

Sep 27, 2022 at 10:56 AM
sapro
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Olympus M.Zuiko 150-400 F/4.5 Tripod Foot

seanoc wrote:
I assume it clears the hood properly with the hood reversed. Any chance you can post a pic of it?

Sean

Yes, it does.

Sep 29, 2022 at 12:39 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password