New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

New monitor Dell u2720q vs BenQ sw270c

Lekkimovics

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New monitor Dell u2720q vs BenQ sw270c

As my old 2011 27Ē IMac canít update its OS and therefore my Adobe canít upgrade either, Iím on the lookout for a new monitor to go along with a 14Ē MBP M1.

I have narrowed it down to:

- Dell u2720q

- BenQ sw270c

The price here is the same, so main differences is 4k vs 2K, charging outlet 90w vs 60w and color handling.
As I see it they both run 8-bit.

The monitor is mainly for editing photos shoot on Canon 1dx2 and Sony a7III in RAW

Which one would be your pick

Mar 17, 2022 at 09:16 AM
bobby350z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New monitor Dell u2720q vs BenQ sw270c

27" 2k for me, getting old here. I am thinking of upgrading my 27" to the 32" model.

Mar 17, 2022 at 08:28 PM
KyleChx

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New monitor Dell u2720q vs BenQ sw270c

I prefer dell U personally as the dell warranty process with advanced RMA is so much easier to deal with. You never know if a pixel is going to go out in an IPS display and never being without is quite nice.

Mar 18, 2022 at 08:06 AM
Mark Sisco
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New monitor Dell u2720q vs BenQ sw270c

I love my SW270c. Itís fantastic in all respects, and hardware calibration with BenQís Palette Master Elements is a bonus IMHO and was straight forward.

Mar 18, 2022 at 02:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New monitor Dell u2720q vs BenQ sw270c

What is the minimum charge wattage required for your MBP? By minimum, will it still charge while being used?

Mar 20, 2022 at 07:16 AM
shelland
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New monitor Dell u2720q vs BenQ sw270c

I have a SW2700PT that I bought refurb a few years ago and absolutely love. Last week it started flashing off and on every few seconds, so I need to check for a replacement.

I haven't shopped hardware in a long time, but my computer is a few years old and during my last research I don't think will handle 4K. I'm not quite ready for a new computer. Would the BenQ SQ270c be a good replacement for the SW2700PT (no longer available), and older-computer friendly?

Use daily for work at home, but also editing RAW pics from Canon 1Dx in Lightroom.

Sorry to hijack an old thread, but since I saw the mention of the BenQ thought I would ask here about that model.

Nov 21, 2022 at 06:11 PM
vallejo
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New monitor Dell u2720q vs BenQ sw270c

The Benq. I have it. AdobeRGB vs P3 (if youíre into printing), hardware vs software calibration, 2K (for me) is better then 4K for photo editing, since apps are not optimized for 4K and therefore icons become too tinyÖ

Lekkimovics wrote:
As my old 2011 27Ē IMac canít update its OS and therefore my Adobe canít upgrade either, Iím on the lookout for a new monitor to go along with a 14Ē MBP M1.

I have narrowed it down to:

- Dell u2720q

- BenQ sw270c

The price here is the same, so main differences is 4k vs 2K, charging outlet 90w vs 60w and color handling.
As I see it they both run 8-bit.

The monitor is mainly for editing photos shoot on Canon 1dx2 and Sony a7III in RAW

Which one would be your pick

Nov 23, 2022 at 01:40 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New monitor Dell u2720q vs BenQ sw270c

shelland wrote:
I have a SW2700PT that I bought refurb a few years ago and absolutely love. Last week it started flashing off and on every few seconds, so I need to check for a replacement.

I haven't shopped hardware in a long time, but my computer is a few years old and during my last research I don't think will handle 4K. I'm not quite ready for a new computer. Would the BenQ SQ270c be a good replacement for the SW2700PT (no longer available), and older-computer friendly?

Use daily for work at home, but also editing RAW pics from Canon 1Dx
...Show more

Yes, I think so. I recently bought a new laptop to take over from a very old 27" iMac and needed a monitor for editing (I prefer the larger physical size compared to the laptop). Kind of as a stop gap until I can figure out if I need something considerably better, I got the 24" SW240 and am happy with it. It's 'HD' resolution, which I prefer for editing purposes. The SW270C has multiple connection options so you should be good with an older system as long as you can do HDMI or DisplayPort. From my brief research, it sounded like DisplayPort was the better way to go, which is how I'm using the SW240.

Nov 23, 2022 at 08:35 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password