New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              11      
       end

Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

JustLo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #1 · p.12 #1 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

Some pics from Sunset Cliffs in San Diego. First time out with my a7iv and 24-70 gm ii. Overall very happy with this setup. Very sharp lens. It does suffer from a little vignetting wide open though. The lens profiles will be nice when they come out.

Edited on Nov 09, 2022 at 02:10 AM · View previous versions

Sep 22, 2022 at 01:46 AM
iso.light
• •
p.12 #2 · p.12 #2 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

New update available from Adobe !! Camera Raw v 15.0 / LR Classic v 12.0.

New camera models added and... and... that's it. Still no support for the FE 24-70mm GM II.

Next year (maybe) ?!

iso.light wrote:
DxO PureRAW now supports this lens with its new version 2.2.0

Still nothing from Adobe though...

Oct 18, 2022 at 12:55 PM
JustLo

p.12 #3 · p.12 #3 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

Why are they dropping the ball so hard on such a popular lens? Have you guys seen delays like this for other lenses?

Oct 18, 2022 at 02:00 PM
goodbokeh
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #4 · p.12 #4 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

JustLo wrote:
Why are they dropping the ball so hard on such a popular lens? Have you guys seen delays like this for other lenses?

I think it's happening with some Canon lenses also. For Adobe to be ignoring a full lens profile for a Sony Holy Trinity Lens like the 24-70 GM II for 6 months now is Gross Negligence. I've written to Adobe and a Sony Ambassador but nothing. This big update today for many products in the Adobe Creative Cloud maybe was clogging them up. I hope Adobe now has time to work on a full lens profile for our GM II. What a burn!

Oct 18, 2022 at 07:03 PM
DaveFP
• • • •
p.12 #5 · p.12 #5 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

"dropping the ball"

"ignoring"

"gross negligence"

Great a grip boys.

Oct 18, 2022 at 07:30 PM
JustLo

p.12 #6 · p.12 #6 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

DaveFP wrote:
"dropping the ball"

"ignoring"

"gross negligence"

Great a grip boys.

Get a grip? Itís been over 6 months dude

Oct 19, 2022 at 05:53 AM
tuomkok
• •
p.12 #7 · p.12 #7 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

DaveFP wrote:
"dropping the ball"

"ignoring"

"gross negligence"

Great a grip boys.

Not only Adobe. It is the same with Capture one.

Oct 19, 2022 at 08:25 AM
DaveFP
• • • •
p.12 #8 · p.12 #8 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

tuomkok wrote:
Not only Adobe. It is the same with Capture one.

Neither company has a vested interest in delaying the update in order to frustrate their subscribers so it is silly to suggest that its failure to appear is a function of malevolent intent or negligence.

I have the lens myself. I'm simply doing the corrections manually for now.

I would hope that anyone with $2,500.00 to spend on a professional lens has the ability to do the same.

Oct 19, 2022 at 08:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

tuomkok
• •
p.12 #9 · p.12 #9 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

DaveFP wrote:
Neither company has a vested interest in delaying the update in order to frustrate their subscribers so it is silly to suggest that its failure to appear is a function of malevolent intent or negligence.

I would hope that anyone with $2,500.00 to spend on a professional lens has the ability to do the same.

Problem with Capture One is made even worse by the fact that they have just started marketing new 23 version - without a mention that this essential lens profile is included

Oct 19, 2022 at 11:33 AM
hevaKmaI
• •
p.12 #10 · p.12 #10 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

tuomkok wrote:
Problem with Capture One is made even worse by the fact that they have just started marketing new 23 version - without a mention that this essential lens profile is included

One of my biggest complaints as a Capture One customer is they really lag on lens profiles, and if you happen to use/love any of the third-party lenses, then good luck ever seeing those (i.e. the Tamron 35-150mm, which is such an awesome lens). DxO Photolab (which I'm currently trialing) puts C1P to shame when it comes to supported lens profiles/corrections.

Oct 19, 2022 at 12:50 PM
darrellc
• • • •
p.12 #11 · p.12 #11 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

How do Sonyís jpeg corrections work? Does Sony embed lens profile correction data in the lens and their bodies read and apply to generate JPEGS? Does a Sony RAW file have this as metadata? Wouldnít it be in Sonyís best interest to do so and let anyone building image processing apps read it? Iíve no idea what Sony does but seems a no-brainer for Sony to share correction data. Not like they are competing with third parties on image processing software. Or maybe they are and it came with my Sony cameras, I just have never heard of any Sony processing software. It probably sucks if it exists.

Oct 19, 2022 at 01:23 PM
j4nu
• • • •
p.12 #12 · p.12 #12 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

If you use CO, you can simply use the "manufacturer's" profile which is a fancy name for the correction data embedded in RAW ... I actually preferred those to custom CO profiles when I was still using it.

Oct 19, 2022 at 01:42 PM
wordfool
• • • •
p.12 #13 · p.12 #13 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

DaveFP wrote:

Problem is that my experience with basic barrel/pincushion corrections in LR suggests it's not that straightforward. Horizontals remain slightly wavy, which is not a problem in most shots but for the few with distinct architectural lines it certainly is.

Oct 20, 2022 at 08:46 AM
ivanz

p.12 #14 · p.12 #14 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

The lense profile is finally out in the newest update of Adobe Lightroom Classic 12.1!!

Dec 12, 2022 at 11:48 PM
goodbokeh
• •
p.12 #15 · p.12 #15 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

I'm very happy the 24-70 GM II raw lens profile for Adobe Camera Raw is here today. At the same time I'm pissed it took Adobe since the lens was introduced last April to deliver it to us.

I'll be very careful in the future to not buy a Sony lens until the Adobe raw lens profile is published. It could be many months in waiting for any new Sony lens like it was for this GM II. Not good at all.

Dec 13, 2022 at 02:15 PM
anguyenre

p.12 #16 · p.12 #16 · Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

Can anyone with this lens and the Peak Design 3L v2 share if they're able to fit it inside the sling without detachment from their camera body? Either vertical or horizon orientation, and with/without lens hood facing outward.

Jan 16, 2023 at 10:16 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password