New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

3              15       16       end

Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

ocean2059
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

Leica M9 Monochrome with Summicron-M 28mm lens.

© ocean2059 2022

© ocean2059 2022

Mar 14, 2022 at 08:31 PM
sh0ebox

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

M9 Monochrom, 90mm f/2.8 “fat” tele-elmarit

Mar 14, 2022 at 09:22 PM
genji
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

Mar 15, 2022 at 01:07 AM
Alpha_Geist
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

The only "true" monochrome camera that I have is a Sony a7RII(m) that was converted by Daniel at Monochrome Imaging Services back in 2017. Unfortunately, the sensor on that camera has at least ~20 dead pixels. I really do wish Lieca will create and release a Leica SL with a full monochrome sensor! SL-M? SL2-M? (one can dream!)

Monochrome Imagine Services converted a7RII(m)

a7RII(m) & 7artisans 50/1.1 by Senior Frog, on Flickr

a7RII(m) & 7artisans 50/1.1 by Senior Frog, on Flickr

Leica Monochrom Type 246

Leica Monochrom Type 246 & 50mm Summicron-M by Senior Frog, on Flickr

Leica Monochrom Type 246 & 28mm ASPH Elmarit-M by Senior Frog, on Flickr

Leica M10M

Leica M10M & Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f1.5 II Aspherical SC by Senior Frog, on Flickr

Leica M10M & Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f1.5 II Aspherical SC by Senior Frog, on Flickr

Mar 15, 2022 at 03:35 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

original Leica Monochrom and 35 Lux FLE

Mar 15, 2022 at 08:18 AM
pmeheut
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

airfrogusmc wrote:

Congrats, one more time.

Mar 15, 2022 at 08:35 AM
LBJ2
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

airfrogusmc wrote:

Impressive!

Mar 15, 2022 at 08:37 AM
LBJ2
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

Alpha_Geist wrote:
The only "true" monochrome camera that I have is a Sony a7RII(m) that was converted by Daniel at Monochrome Imaging Services back in 2017. Unfortunately, the sensor on that camera has at least ~20 dead pixels. I really do wish Lieca will create and release a Leica SL with a full monochrome sensor! SL-M? SL2-M? (one can dream!)

A very nice collection of images. The looking through the bubble shot is mesmerizing.

Mar 15, 2022 at 08:44 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

LBJ2 wrote:
Impressive!

Thanks

A few more original Leica M Mono 35 Lux FLE

You can leave your hat on

Mar 15, 2022 at 09:38 AM
LBJ2
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

airfrogusmc wrote:
Thanks

A few more original Leica M Mono 35 Lux FLE

You can leave your hat on

Another feast for the eyes! What do you mean by "original Leica M Mono"? Which camera model?

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:07 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

M_Wales
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

I just love the feel of monochrome images.

When I picked up my first ever Leica last year I was thinking about going with a M246 monochrome, but felt it may be very limiting without a color option for some of those life moments and don't regret going with the M240 at all. Would love experiencing a Leica monochrome camera, but the cost of that experience is very high. I had always hoped Fujifilm would release a Mono X-Pro or X100 camera at a much cheaper price point...

I set the camera to shoot in monochrome and save to a DNG + Jpeg fine (to have both) and it helps with previewing shots in B&W while out. I know it's not the same as having a mono only sensor, but I'm happy with it.

M240 & TTArtisan 28mm f5.6

LEICA M (Typ 240)    Summaron-M 1:5.6/28 lens    28mm    f/5.6    8s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:21 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

THANKS

It is the first one. #1 The original Monochrom. The M 246 was #2 and the newest version #3 is the M 10 Mono.

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:23 AM
ocean2059
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

The original Leica Monochrom (M9M) with Summicron-M 28mm lens

© ocean2059 2022

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:39 AM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

Here are a couple of my favorite B & W images using a rangefinder.

The first shot is of an architectural feature of one of the buildings at Ohio State. The architect left a hole in the cement overhang that covers the entrance to the building. The hole has ivy growing down into the hole, but you can typically see the sky through the hole. I made this image B & W partly so it was not clear whether you were looking down or looking up without the blue sky as a cue, which I think gives the image a bit of intrigue and makes you look more closely. Also the cement and the ivy (this was in late Fall so there weren't any leaves on the ivy) lent themselves to interesting contrast, but not interesting color.

The second shot is of a sidewalk near my place in Columbus, OH. I found the brick pattern interesting, but not for it color but for the contrast. By making the shot B & W I thought it drew the eye down the sidewalk rather than away to the sides, which had some pretty ugly colored vegetation. All in all, it seemed to me a much stronger image in B & W than in color

LEICA M10    Apo-Summicron-M 1:2/50 ASPH. lens    50mm    9s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

The EXIF is wrong on this shot. It was taken with the Voigtlander 28 f/2 II and the aperture was f/5.6

LEICA M10    Tele-Elmarit 1:2.8/90 lens    90mm    f/3.4    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 15, 2022 at 11:00 AM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

Realizing that this also includes Alt images here are three more.

The first one is with a Canon 5D (the original model) and the Minolta Rokkor 58 f/1.2. This is a self "portrait," and the idea was to focus on the frame of the mirror, but have really shallow depth of field so that the image of myself in the mirror was purposely fuzzy and blurred. I wanted B & W for the mood. The emotion I was trying to convey was that I was feeling disconnected with myself and unsure of who I was (I was going through a divorce at the time) and B & W seemed to really fit that mood.

The second one is with the Sony A7r II and the Zeiss ZM 35 f/1.4. I really liked this sculpture, but I didn't like the colors of the gray and rusted chain much, and it was very bright when I shot it making the sky very light and boring. In that high contrast type of light I often like B & W to create a much more interesting shot. This is an example of that approach.

The third one is one of the first images I shot on digital. It is with a Canon Rebel (350D) and a cheap 28-70 zoom lens, but that lens with an extension tube did close ups pretty nicely. This one is all about the shapes and symmetry. It is actually two eggs and I liked the detail on the shells that slightly breaks the symmetry. In color the the eye is totally draw away from the shapes and patterns that were the intent of the shot.

Canon EOS 5D    58mm    f/1.2    1/3s    100 ISO    +1.3 EV  

ILCE-7S    ---- lens    1/40s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT    70mm    f/11.0    1/2s    100 ISO    -1.0 EV  

Edited on Mar 15, 2022 at 11:16 AM · View previous versions

Mar 15, 2022 at 11:14 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

Original Leica MM

Mar 15, 2022 at 11:16 AM
MattMagd
• •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

I just traded my M9 Monochrom for an M5 and 35mm Summicron... While I'm really enjoying the M5 I do find myself missing the M9Mono constantly. Here are some greatest hits of my time with the Mono.

Mar 15, 2022 at 01:47 PM
theHUN
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

MattMagd wrote:
I just traded my M9 Monochrom for an M5 and 35mm Summicron... While I'm really enjoying the M5 I do find myself missing the M9Mono constantly. Here are some greatest hits of my time with the Mono.

That waterfall!!! What an amazing transition from hard brutalist lines in the top, to impressionist shapes in the bottom.

Mar 15, 2022 at 02:05 PM
MattMagd
• •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

theHUN wrote:
That waterfall!!! What an amazing transition from hard brutalist lines in the top, to impressionist shapes in the bottom.

It is snoqualmie falls in Washington, famously used in David Lynch's TV show Twin Peaks. A really beautiful waterfall!

Mar 15, 2022 at 02:09 PM
M_Wales
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Leica & Alt Monochrom(e) Images

I noticed the arm/phone sticking out and focused on it then the lady walked into frame to take a picture.

M240 & VM 35 1.4 MC II Nokton Classic

Mar 15, 2022 at 06:13 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password