FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

JustShootMe
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

Size comparison next to the 56mm , Voigt 35 , and some leica M glass

I'll give it a proper go over the weekend , it's my preferred car show focal length.

Apr 29, 2022 at 01:33 PM
JustShootMe
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

some more

hand held @1.2

100% crop

Apr 30, 2022 at 10:38 AM
arduluth
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

I'd love to see more images if anyone has them to share!

I'm seriously considering this lens - I'm still shooting a Fuji X-E3 and X-T3, my primary cameras now with my Sony A7 bodies gathering dust on the shelf. I'm not real excited to buy an expensive MF lens isn't FF lens in a more universal mount, but after using the TTArtisans 23/1.4 quite a bit I think I'm ready to go for this one.

How is field curvature? The image with the sign looks pretty good. Have any similar shots, but with a landscape orientation?

Jul 20, 2022 at 11:46 AM
Parallaxed

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

I'm curious about this focal length in Fuji X mount as well.

The photos in the map camera links for the voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 from the previous page look ok, but a bit "flat" when compared to photos I've seen of the original version Fujinon 23mm f/1.4.

I'd have to see photos of people to judge. Very few of those online with this lens.

Aug 09, 2022 at 08:42 PM
Tonzah78
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

Just got this lens for my Fuji X-T30ii. And it's here to stay. Loving it! I really have to get the 50mm f/1.2 Nokton as well to pair up with this one. Raw files edited in LR, as I wanted to see how clean look I can get with it using the tools available, with maximum detail. And this lens doesn't disappoint. Sure it can't compete with my new XF 18mm optically, but who cares? I don't. Didn't expect it to. It has all the good Voigtländer qualities I love about them, and is incredibly fun to use.

Nokton 23mm f/1.2 on Flickr

Edited on Jun 11, 2024 at 09:42 AM · View previous versions

Jun 11, 2024 at 05:27 AM
Jepser
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

It was the first Voigtländer I got in Z-mount. Very small and handy on the Zfc, like the optics and nice to look at to

GRR_2144_webb by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr

GRR_2018_small_23 by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr

Jun 11, 2024 at 06:08 AM
darwinphoto
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

Here are five shots I took with the lens in the image thread:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1097477/243#16557031

Jun 11, 2024 at 01:19 PM
Jepser
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

Here are some more with the Nokton D23mm on Nikon Zfc, resized but otherwise SOOC Jpegs.

GRR_1898_small by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr

GRR_2377_ed by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr

GRR_5647_small23 by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr

GRR_3292_-straight by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr

GRR_1888_small by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr

Jun 11, 2024 at 05:27 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

arduluth wrote:
Yes, the Fuji lens looks different. I quite like the Nikon version and would love that as the universal design, maybe a little de-Nikonified but the focus ring looks great.

That said, the Fuji version looks solid.
https://fujiaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Voigtlander-NOKTON-23mm-f1.2-Aspherical-APS-C-lens-for-Fujifilm-X-mount.jpg

I'll have to look up reviews of the 35/1.2 - I hadn't realized they've already gone down this line with APS-C yet. I love my 7Artisans 35/0.5 - it'd take something special to replace it.

The Voigtlander 23/1.4 for the X-mount followed the aesthetic of Fuji bodies, but I much prefer this lens' design for the Nikon mount!

Jun 17, 2024 at 05:17 PM
Tonzah78
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

With my son at the local Airsoft indoor arena. Had my Fuji and the 23mm Nokton with me. This has been one of my hobbies a loooong time and now my son is old enough to join our games. For someone who doesn't know what this is about, we shoot plastic bb's at each other. We have lot's of different game modes, including bomb planting/defusal (with actual props with timers), capture the flags, "arm the missiles" etc. Three hours of total mayhem and lot's of sweat and laughter. (In the last couple pics we're having a photoshoot with a friend - in the game he has proper safety glasses.)

Also trying out the free samples by RNI. I think I'm gonna invest in their "RNI All Films 5 - Pro" pack.

I'm really loving this little lens. It's just a perfect match for this little camera.

Myself - picture taken by my son on Flickr

Back Alley on Flickr

Back Alley on Flickr

Back Alley on Flickr

My son on Flickr

My helmet on Flickr

Back Alley on Flickr

Back Alley on Flickr

Jun 20, 2024 at 09:45 AM
twelveish
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

Excellent set, and a good showcase of what this little marvel of a lens can do. I just used my X-T30II and this lens to cover a small event/workshop. And it was just so much fun, and rewarding.

Up until not long ago I would have used my Sony A7c and the Sigma 28-70/2.8 or two small, fast (ish), primes. The photos would come out great, and in perfect focus, but I'd have much less fun doing it.

I think "life is too short to shoot Sony" is my new motto. (Maybe I should put that on a t-shirt, and make clickbaity YT videos. But I'd have to get some sort of crazy hair situation going first.. 🤔 )

Jun 21, 2024 at 03:37 AM
Tonzah78
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

Before I got this little Fuji, I owned only my Sony A7III for 6 years and had sold my last Fujis about 5 years ago. The only lens that stayed with me on Sony that time was the Nokton 40mm f/1.2. Every other lens changed periodically - didn't keep any and swapped from lens to lens. Eventually I had the GM 24/1.4 and GM 50/1.4 together with Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG DN Art. They were optically just about THE perfect lenses and I loved their output, but I really wasn't inspired to SHOOT with them.

As my son asked if he could learn photography and shoot together with me, I just had to get a Fuji. Not just for him, but also for myself as a lighter & fun camera to shoot with. Didn't even realize how much I had missed these cameras. And now it was possible to get native Voigtländers for them as well. Perfect time for a comeback. Fujifilm cameras and manual Voigtländers are a perfect match and really joy to shoot with.

Now I only have the CV21/3.5 and CV40/1.2 for my Sony. Going to get the CV75/1.5 as a third. But otherwise it's only Fuji from now on. Currently have the XF18/1.4, XF33/1.4, Sigma 56/1.4 and CV23/1.2. Mostly going to get more Voigtländers.

Jun 22, 2024 at 08:43 AM
twelveish
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

I would also still be shooting Sony and the 40/1.2 Nokton, 21/3.5 Color-Skopar and my favorite, the 35/1.4 Nokton Classic, if the X-mount Voigtländers hadn't been released. I had also left X-mount and came back for the CV lenses (and also realized how much I missed them). Hoping for more soon, mainly a faster 18.

Jun 23, 2024 at 04:26 AM
Tonzah78
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

So you sold your Sony? I've been on the verge of doing so, but the Voigtländers on full-frame are something I'm pretty sure I would miss. But the next Voigtländer I want is the 50mm f/1.2 for Fuji, once financial situation allows. Just wishing it had aspherics and less glow wide open (if I want glow I can always use CineBloom filter). But I think I'm gonna try it out anyways. The 23mm sure surprised me in a positive way. And I kinda like the character of the 50mm. It's def. not "boring modern" lens.

Jun 23, 2024 at 07:48 AM
twelveish
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

Yes, I did. Sold off two A7 (c and OG) bodies and ten lenses, including my favorite, the Nokton Classic 35. I use my cameras for both professional and personal use, and I feel the same about the FF CV lenses. But I sure don't miss using Sony bodies (though impressively specced and capable, they're not for me). The move really was only made possible after CV blessed the X mount with the 23 and 35 Noktons.

Some considerations for me were... I'm not big on obliterating backgrounds, so less interested in the most shallow DOF. I do a lot of low light. Not too bothered about grain, more about colour noise. I actually prefer manual focus most of the time, even for events. I love using the Fujifilm bodies, and barely tolerate the Sonys I had lately (A7III, A7c). Software is gettin really good at compensating where a smaller sensor might show its weaknesses (in my case LR "enhance" and new NR options).

Now using two X-bodies and one GFX. Trying to resist a slight Zf temptation.

I'm also lusting for the CV 50/1.2, but the FL is not a priority for me.

Jun 23, 2024 at 04:30 PM
Tonzah78
• •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 for FX, NZ

Seems we are very much alike. I also prefer shooting manually, as you could guess. And I agree about the new LR's enhance/denoise. It's a one-click solution to noise and the fuji x-trans worms both. It's amazing how much more detail is revealed with it. On Sony the improvement ain't anywhere as large with it.

Don't think I will ever buy another Sony, but not sure how long will I keep my current A7III. Now that I have the little Fuji, I've really grown to like some little things I've missed with Sony, like M+E shutter, up to 1/32000 electronic shutter speeds, small size, less cluttered menus, manual shutter speed dial etc...

And yes, Zf is tempting indeed. Especially now that Voigtländer makes glass for it.

Jun 24, 2024 at 01:26 AM
1              end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.