1       2       3              9      
       11       12       end

Archive 2022 · OM-1 shipping date?

galenapass
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #1 · p.10 #1 · OM-1 shipping date?

molson wrote:
After learning that Olympus Canada was expecting my camera to ship sometime around the end of June, and with The Camera Store having no idea of when they would get the one I ordered through them, I came across a like-new Sony A1 and FE 200-600mm zoom package that saved me $4600 versus the cost of the OM-1 and my 150-400 zoom, so that was just too good to pass up.

Maybe this winter or next spring I'll see if the OM stuff is available on the used market and have another look at it.

That is a great deal! You may not care about OM stuff after getting that combo.

May 19, 2022 at 08:39 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #2 · p.10 #2 · OM-1 shipping date?

galenapass wrote:
That is a great deal! You may not care about OM stuff after getting that combo.

Yes and no... The A1 is definitely the better camera, but the OM 150-400mm zoom easily outclasses the Sony 200-600. Both are excellent kits, though - it's not like one is a dog.

May 19, 2022 at 08:44 AM
Sagar
• • • •
p.10 #3 · p.10 #3 · OM-1 shipping date?

I knew it would happen

Tired of waiting for OM-1 which I had ordered within 1st or 2nd week of release, I bought Z7 II and 100-400 literally just 2-3 days back only to be notified by Olympus dealer today that my OM-1 is shipping.

May 25, 2022 at 05:51 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.10 #4 · p.10 #4 · OM-1 shipping date?

B&H now has the OM-1 bodies in stock, but the morons are tacking on a $396 surcharge for Canadian buyers. Has anyone seen them in stock at a more reputable store recently?

Jun 02, 2022 at 10:22 AM
DJT2020

p.10 #5 · p.10 #5 · OM-1 shipping date?

Never thought B&H was less than reputable...

Jun 02, 2022 at 10:24 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.10 #6 · p.10 #6 · OM-1 shipping date?

DJT2020 wrote:
Never thought B&H was less than reputable...

Maybe apathetic is more accurate - but they do tend to get very creative with the truth at times.

They list the extra fee as "Duty". The customer service person I chatted with this morning insisted the Canadian government "told them" they had to charge duty on the OM-1, which is laughable considering there is no duty on cameras.

Jun 02, 2022 at 10:58 AM
hoodlum90
• •
p.10 #7 · p.10 #7 · OM-1 shipping date?

molson wrote:
Maybe apathetic is more accurate - but they do tend to get very creative with the truth at times.

They list the extra fee as "Duty". The customer service person I chatted with this morning insisted the Canadian government "told them" they had to charge duty on the OM-1, which is laughable considering there is no duty on cameras.

I believe that includes the Canadian taxes. You should be able to get a breakdown as that is the bulk of the "Duty" charge.

Jun 02, 2022 at 11:38 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.10 #8 · p.10 #8 · OM-1 shipping date?

hoodlum90 wrote:
I believe that includes the Canadian taxes. You should be able to get a breakdown as that is the bulk of the "Duty" charge.

I did that, obviously... in addition to the normal taxes, there was an additional charge of US$396 for "Duty".

It looks like the customer service rep finally gave in and asked someone higher up the food chain about the charge - and I see now it has been corrected. The "Customs" charges have dropped from US$720 down to US$265.

I'm glad the addressed the error, but it's frustrating having to spend 5 or 10 minutes with a customer service rep who is making up all kinds of crazy stories, when all they really needed to say was - "thanks for letting us know - we'll look into it".

Jun 02, 2022 at 11:44 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.10 #9 · p.10 #9 · OM-1 shipping date?

As of two minutes ago, B&H shows it is Temporarily Out of Stock.

Don’t like B&H, don’t buy from them.

Jun 02, 2022 at 02:04 PM
BidinTime
• •
[X]
p.10 #10 · p.10 #10 · OM-1 shipping date?

Imagemaster wrote:
As of two minutes ago, B&H shows it is Temporarily Out of Stock.

Don’t like B&H, don’t buy from them.

I was on BH's list but canceled after recieving a notification from one of their competitors.

I'm always happy to send money in other directions!

Jun 02, 2022 at 02:10 PM
dcisive
• • •
p.10 #11 · p.10 #11 · OM-1 shipping date?

My motivation was a bit different. I was hesitant to get an OM-1 with that 12-40 f2.8 Pro but when I looked online Tuesday morning and noted that it said "IN STOCK" I could NOT believe it. I called a friend back east who wanted it and told him so he got it ordered immediately. I decided if it still showed in stock the following morning I too would give it a try adding the PL100-400 lens. I preferred to do it through B&H as if it didn't impress me sending it back is real easy with no charge. I used their card so 12 months interest free as well. It's due to show up tomorrow so tomorrow night I'll get to shoot a bit with familiar shots in my home in lower light I've already tested before with my R5 Canon which impressed me. My friend sent me some files tonight to work up. Just Jpegs. They were at ISO6400, ISO21500 and ISO20000. With my Topaz DeNoise AI and Sharpen AI I was able to process the Jpegs so they easily would pass for ISO200. Even the ISO20000 looked flawless. So I'm not the least bit worried about higher ISO's. Can't wait to shoot in RAW and play in the Olympus Workspace program to see what that's all about. I have DXO Prime as well so it will sure be interesting to see what the OM-1 can do.

Jun 02, 2022 at 09:58 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.10 #12 · p.10 #12 · OM-1 shipping date?

There's currently one OM-1 kit in stock at Camera Canada. I elected to pass on it and wait for the new Fuji X-H2S arriving next month.

https://www.cameracanada.com/products/productDetail.aspx?pid=V210011BU000

Jun 07, 2022 at 11:35 PM
JimPatterson
• •
p.10 #13 · p.10 #13 · OM-1 shipping date?

My shop got a couple kits in that are available. US authorized dealer. Most states, but not all, we don't collect tax. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Jim

Jun 09, 2022 at 01:03 AM
BidinTime
• •
[X]
p.10 #14 · p.10 #14 · OM-1 shipping date?

JimPatterson wrote:
My shop got a couple kits in that are available. US authorized dealer. Most states, but not all, we don't collect tax. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Jim

If you live in a state that has tax but it's not collected by the retailer, you're still on the hook for reporting it.

If you pay someone to do your taxes, that could mean paying the tax that wasn't collected at sale, PLUS the preparation fee to pay that tax. Ouch!

Jun 20, 2022 at 10:12 PM
hoodlum90
• •
p.10 #15 · p.10 #15 · OM-1 shipping date?

GetOlympus currently has stock for the OM-1 body

Jul 21, 2022 at 06:27 PM
flagg
• •
p.10 #16 · p.10 #16 · OM-1 shipping date?

B&H shipped one to me today. EDIT: But now it shows as out of stock again. Still, I just ordered it on July 24.

Aug 01, 2022 at 11:22 AM
SpecFoto
• • •
p.10 #17 · p.10 #17 · OM-1 shipping date?

OM Systems US Website (Get Olympus dot com) has the OM-1 body only in stock. The kit with the 12-40 Pro lens says shipping is mid-August.

Aug 15, 2022 at 03:25 AM
Itsed65
• • •
p.10 #18 · p.10 #18 · OM-1 shipping date?

B&H has them in stock today. I ordered one and it arrives Monday.

Aug 25, 2022 at 12:53 PM
Sagar
• • • •
p.10 #19 · p.10 #19 · OM-1 shipping date?

Availability of OM1 Body and kit seems to have improved significantly in last 1-2 weeks

Aug 25, 2022 at 12:56 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.10 #20 · p.10 #20 · OM-1 shipping date?

I finally received an OM-1 yesterday. First thing this morning, I ordered the vertical grip and the dual battery charger. Even though I have fairly small hands, the OM-1 body is much too small for hand-holding with larger lenses like the 150-400mm f4.5. The two batteries that came with the camera each took about 9 hours to charge over USB, which is absurdly slow. Despite those two niggles, the camera is a huge upgrade over the E-M1 III and even better than the E-M1X.

Oct 04, 2022 at 02:52 PM
       11       12       end

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

11       12       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.