1       2       3              8      
       10       end

OM-1 shipping date?

wjmeyer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #1 · p.9 #1 · OM-1 shipping date?

vertigo1959 wrote:
Dreadful failure on OM systems part to provide new cameras to people who want to buy them.
Utter rubbish!

I see this more of a supply chain issue rather than an OM System issue. Many people still don't have their Nikon Z9's either as those bodies have been trickling out, same goes for a lot of new lenses as well. All manufacturer's have been affected by limited parts, especially with electronics.

Apr 18, 2022 at 02:39 PM
thedruid
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #2 · p.9 #2 · OM-1 shipping date?

The difference is Nikon has been affected by this since 2001 😁

Apr 18, 2022 at 03:16 PM
johnvanr
• • • •
p.9 #3 · p.9 #3 · OM-1 shipping date?

molson wrote:
OM Systems is now saying no new OM-1's will be available before the end of June, so I cancelled my order with them. Hopefully my dealer order will show up sooner through the Canadian distribution pipeline.

I find that hard to believe. I understand a trickle, but nothing for two months, that seems weird.

If OM Systems is like Olympus, sometimes one person says one thing and another person something completely different.

In the meantime, my extra free battery and a grip are on the way.

Now still waiting for the kit and one more grip.

My shop also has two 150-400mm lenses available.

Apr 18, 2022 at 03:50 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.9 #4 · p.9 #4 · OM-1 shipping date?

I have a OM-1 (body only) being shipped from Hunts today. So supply maybe out there, call around you might get one.

Apr 18, 2022 at 04:16 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.9 #5 · p.9 #5 · OM-1 shipping date?

The Camera Exchange in San Antonio had one OM-1 in stock this morning, but they don't ship to Canada.

Apr 18, 2022 at 04:35 PM
johnvanr
• • • •
p.9 #6 · p.9 #6 · OM-1 shipping date?

molson wrote:
The Camera Exchange in San Antonio had one OM-1 in stock this morning, but they don't ship to Canada.

You know, we're hoping to move later this year and I'm fearing the moment I'm no longer in the US when it comes to getting relative affordable camera gear quickly. When I last left, I kept the gear I bought before moving for eight years, only to start upgrading upon return.

Uh, maybe that's a good thing

Apr 18, 2022 at 06:47 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.9 #7 · p.9 #7 · OM-1 shipping date?

My dealer has received 23 cameras since the beginning of March. I'm currently #5 on the wait list, so there's a good chance I will get one when the next shipment arrives... whenever that might be.

Apr 19, 2022 at 01:25 PM
wjmeyer
• • •
p.9 #8 · p.9 #8 · OM-1 shipping date?

molson wrote:

Appreciate the tip, UPS says it'll be here on Thursday I was hoping for the kit with 12-40 f/2.8 II lens, but I don't "need" that lens so will look to fill other gaps, like a 8-25 and I already have a 40-150 f/2.8 Pro which will hopefully give me a good idea what the AF system is capable of while I figure out if a 300 f/4 or 150-400 f/4.5 is in my future or if I'm still not digging Oly and decide to just stick with Nikon...

Apr 19, 2022 at 06:25 PM
RZ350

p.9 #9 · p.9 #9 · OM-1 shipping date?

Anyone received their second battery in Canada yet? I ordered a grip last week and it came in within 2 or 3 days. No battery yet though . I must admit that with taking the OM-1 out in cool to cold weather, the battery life has been very good compared to my mkII. I definitely needed the grip with battery for that camera.

Apr 20, 2022 at 01:57 PM
Pwdrhound

p.9 #10 · p.9 #10 · OM-1 shipping date?

RZ350 wrote:
Anyone received their second battery in Canada yet? I ordered a grip last week and it came in within 2 or 3 days. No battery yet though . I must admit that with taking the OM-1 out in cool to cold weather, the battery life has been very good compared to my mkII. I definitely needed the grip with battery for that camera.

No second battery for me in the US yet.

Where did you order the grip from? I ordered a grip from Getolympus on April 6th and still showing processing. Haven't seen it in stock online anywhere.

Apr 20, 2022 at 06:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

hoodlum90
• •
p.9 #11 · p.9 #11 · OM-1 shipping date?

RZ350 wrote:

I ordered from GetOlympus Canada and have received both my free battery and my charger/battery combo. I pre-ordered on the 15th

Apr 20, 2022 at 08:03 PM
RZ350

p.9 #12 · p.9 #12 · OM-1 shipping date?

I ordered the grip from The Camera Store of YouTube fame. I was extremely surprised when I got a call saying it was in. I asked about the free battery. They said they had 25 on order.

Apr 20, 2022 at 08:22 PM
JimPatterson
• •
p.9 #13 · p.9 #13 · OM-1 shipping date?

If anyone is looking for the body or the new 12-40 II lens a la carte, shoot me a PM!

Jim

Apr 22, 2022 at 08:36 PM
helimat
• • • • •
p.9 #14 · p.9 #14 · OM-1 shipping date?

JimPatterson wrote:
If anyone is looking for the body or the new 12-40 II lens a la carte, shoot me a PM!

Jim

Thanks Jim!

Apr 24, 2022 at 06:37 PM
Paul_100A
• •
p.9 #15 · p.9 #15 · OM-1 shipping date?

Same here…pre ordered on feb 15 received the last stuffs about 10 days ago. Get olympusCanada

hoodlum90 wrote:
I ordered from GetOlympus Canada and have received both my free battery and my charger/battery combo. I pre-ordered on the 15th

Apr 25, 2022 at 02:56 PM
Sagar
• • •
p.9 #16 · p.9 #16 · OM-1 shipping date?

On my order Amazon did some goof up and it got auto cancelled just before shipment. While they accepted the mistake chance to get the camera was gone.

Tired of searching and not able to get anywhere, I ended up buying Nikon Z7 II and Z 100-400 and putting an order for their 800mm pf. Too sad, I really wanted OM1 and 150-400, I wonder if I did this, how many more might have waited and switched or thinking of going somewhere else…

May 17, 2022 at 07:08 PM
Robin Smith
• • •
p.9 #17 · p.9 #17 · OM-1 shipping date?

So now you will have to wait for the 800mm. You may regret not waiting. A few months is nothing in the life of a photographer IMO, unless you have no camera at all.

May 18, 2022 at 09:24 AM
Sagar
• • •
p.9 #18 · p.9 #18 · OM-1 shipping date?

Good part with Nikon Z7 is I can get 1.4TC for 100-400 coupled with DX mode giving a good enough reach still retaining 20mp file. Of course there are quite a few compromises compared to OM1, but better than not having a camera

I had no photo equipment for a while and was hoping to build kit around OM-1 but didn’t expect It to be so popular and such a long wait. But I am very happy that Olympus is finally getting its due, probably first digital Olympus that received so much positive reception across the board. I am hoping I will be able to add it in the kit by end of the year or early next year and come back to Olympus fold

Robin Smith wrote:
So now you will have to wait for the 800mm. You may regret not waiting. A few months is nothing in the life of a photographer IMO, unless you have no camera at all.

May 19, 2022 at 04:53 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.9 #19 · p.9 #19 · OM-1 shipping date?

Robin Smith wrote:
A few months is nothing in the life of a photographer IMO, unless you have no camera at all.

Unless that happens to be your busiest time of the year, or the time when you have a major trip planned...

May 19, 2022 at 08:03 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.9 #20 · p.9 #20 · OM-1 shipping date?

Sagar wrote:
On my order Amazon did some goof up and it got auto cancelled just before shipment. While they accepted the mistake chance to get the camera was gone.

Tired of searching and not able to get anywhere, I ended up buying Nikon Z7 II and Z 100-400 and putting an order for their 800mm pf. Too sad, I really wanted OM1 and 150-400, I wonder if I did this, how many more might have waited and switched or thinking of going somewhere else…

After learning that Olympus Canada was expecting my camera to ship sometime around the end of June, and with The Camera Store having no idea of when they would get the one I ordered through them, I came across a like-new Sony A1 and FE 200-600mm zoom package that saved me $4600 versus the cost of the OM-1 and my 150-400 zoom, so that was just too good to pass up.

Maybe this winter or next spring I'll see if the OM stuff is available on the used market and have another look at it.

May 19, 2022 at 08:21 AM
       10       end

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

10       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password