FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
       9              11       12       end

Archive 2022 · OM-1 shipping date?

gary0319
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · OM-1 shipping date?

Dealer called today. Picked up my. OM-1 this afternoon. Small local shop got 10 today after receiving only 4 in the initial shipment. Still 15 short to fulfill the preorders. Hopes for another shipment next week.

Mar 31, 2022 at 10:49 PM
Sagar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · OM-1 shipping date?

Amazon seem to have plenty OM-1 with 12-40 kits available. I ordered few days back and it’s showing delivery by 8th April. For new orders showing around April 23. Body only still seems to be in short supply

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09S5G7JSL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Apr 03, 2022 at 11:10 AM
Jo Dilbeck
• • • •
p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · OM-1 shipping date?

My order through B&H placed on 2/17 finally arrived 3/31. Still waiting on the free extra battery and the grip. Haven't had much time to play with it yet, but I'm happy with some of the changes to the layout and menus.....

Apr 03, 2022 at 01:33 PM
JimPatterson
• •
p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · OM-1 shipping date?

My shop got some bodies today. Shoot me a PM if you're interested and I can get you details.

Jim

EDIT: Sold out this morning. 4/5/22
EDIT2: we had two shake loose today. 4/8/22
EDIT3: sold out on 4/10/22

Edited on Apr 11, 2022 at 03:57 PM · View previous versions

Apr 04, 2022 at 04:12 PM
Betacamman
• • •
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · OM-1 shipping date?

galenapass wrote:
Good for you! Mine was DOA. Going back tomorrow.

And mine died today, about a week after it arrived.

Apr 07, 2022 at 04:29 PM
gunmetal
• • •
p.8 #6 · p.8 #6 · OM-1 shipping date?

Received mine today, Jim! So different and so similar to the E-M1 III. All in good ways. Thanks for helping me out!

Jake

JimPatterson wrote:
My shop got some bodies today. Shoot me a PM if you're interested and I can get you details.

Jim

Apr 07, 2022 at 10:42 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.8 #7 · p.8 #7 · OM-1 shipping date?

Betacamman wrote:

Very frustrating. Amazon took mine back but I was put off by the experience so I have decided to shoot with my Sony gear and forget about OM Systems this year.

Apr 08, 2022 at 08:31 AM
Betacamman
• • •
p.8 #8 · p.8 #8 · OM-1 shipping date?

galenapass wrote:
Very frustrating. Amazon took mine back but I was put off by the experience so I have decided to shoot with my Sony gear and forget about OM Systems this year.

There's a decent chance I'm going to move to something else other than M43. I really liked that camera, but I wouldn't buy one again in the forseeable future.

Edited on Apr 08, 2022 at 03:22 PM · View previous versions

Apr 08, 2022 at 12:52 PM
robert_in_ca
• • •
p.8 #9 · p.8 #9 · OM-1 shipping date?

What exactly happened?

Betacamman wrote:

Apr 08, 2022 at 01:14 PM
Betacamman
• • •
p.8 #10 · p.8 #10 · OM-1 shipping date?

robert_in_ca wrote:
What exactly happened?

Got it April 1, shot with it pretty consistently every day after, a mix of mechanical and electronic shutter. Yesterday, came home after shooting in the morning. Left it alone for an hour or two, then picked it up, turned it on, and there were two clunks, then silence. Nothing on screen or EVF. Took battery out, put it back in, tried again. Same thing. The third time, I was able to get an image on the EVF, but could not make any buttons do anything or open any menu during the five or ten seconds it was on. Then it went dark again. Changed batteries, no improvement.

Packed it up, sent it back to B&H for refund. 38-odd years of shooting, have only had something catastrophic like that happen once before when a long-ago Minolta 7D succumbed to the inevitable anti-shake failure issue that claimed them.

Apr 08, 2022 at 03:20 PM
robert_in_ca
• • •
p.8 #11 · p.8 #11 · OM-1 shipping date?

Betacamman wrote:
Got it April 1, shot with it pretty consistently every day after, a mix of mechanical and electronic shutter. Yesterday, came home after shooting in the morning. Left it alone for an hour or two, then picked it up, turned it on, and there were two clunks, then silence. Nothing on screen or EVF. Took battery out, put it back in, tried again. Same thing. The third time, I was able to get an image on the EVF, but could not make any buttons do anything or open any menu during the five or ten seconds it was on. Then
...Show more Ouch... that stinks. Unfortunately stuff like this happens but it's incredibly frustrating given the current wait times due to supply chain issues. There was another member here who bought a brand new Z9 - worked fine the first day and the next morning when she tuned it on the EVF flickered and that was it. Nikon said the send it in but she returned it to B&H. Turned out the motherboard went out.

Apr 09, 2022 at 11:29 AM
wjmeyer
• • •
p.8 #12 · p.8 #12 · OM-1 shipping date?

JimPatterson wrote:

Jim

EDIT2: we had two shake loose today. 4/8/22

Any chance you still have some? I'm looking for the OM-1 with 12-40 kit but may consider just the OM-1 if I can find an 8-25 f/4 Pro in decent condition.

If anyone else has tips on who may have some in stock and willing to ship to Florida let me know.

Apr 11, 2022 at 03:28 PM
JimPatterson
• •
p.8 #13 · p.8 #13 · OM-1 shipping date?

Both sold yesterday the 10th. Sorry! Shoot me a PM and I can discuss contacting you when we get more. And we only had bodies, no kits. 8-25mm in stock as well, but new, not used.

Jim

wjmeyer wrote:
Any chance you still have some? I'm looking for the OM-1 with 12-40 kit but may consider just the OM-1 if I can find an 8-25 f/4 Pro in decent condition.

If anyone else has tips on who may have some in stock and willing to ship to Florida let me know.

Apr 11, 2022 at 03:56 PM
johnvanr
• • • • •
p.8 #14 · p.8 #14 · OM-1 shipping date?

It seems to be kind of a mess. My regular shop still hasn’t received any kits, grips or chargers. But B&H shows the charger in stock (though they’re closed for Passover until the 24th). And my shop yesterday shipped me the extra battery that was supposed to come with the body I bought earlier.

Apr 15, 2022 at 08:43 AM
robert_in_ca
• • •
p.8 #15 · p.8 #15 · OM-1 shipping date?

Agree. I did get my grip and dual charger kit a few weeks ago. However I am still waiting for the free battery for pre-ordering.

johnvanr wrote:
It seems to be kind of a mess. My regular shop still hasn’t received any kits, grips or chargers. But B&H shows the charger in stock (though they’re closed for Passover until the 24th). And my shop yesterday shipped me the extra battery that was supposed to come with the body I bought earlier.

Apr 15, 2022 at 09:42 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.8 #16 · p.8 #16 · OM-1 shipping date?

OM Systems is now saying no new OM-1's will be available before the end of June, so I cancelled my order with them. Hopefully my dealer order will show up sooner through the Canadian distribution pipeline.

Apr 17, 2022 at 03:03 PM
vertigo1959

p.8 #17 · p.8 #17 · OM-1 shipping date?

Dreadful failure on OM systems part to provide new cameras to people who want to buy them.
Utter rubbish!

Apr 17, 2022 at 06:29 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.8 #18 · p.8 #18 · OM-1 shipping date?

vertigo1959 wrote:
Dreadful failure on OM systems part to provide new cameras to people who want to buy them.
Utter rubbish!

And just reading this one page it also appears the great Olympus quality has diminished.

Apr 17, 2022 at 06:38 PM
ElvisD
• •
p.8 #19 · p.8 #19 · OM-1 shipping date?

Amazon US is now showing availability of the body-only kits for delivery in mid-May at list price. Sold by Amazon; not third party.

They are showing no availability of the OM-1 with the 12-40 lens at the moment.

Apr 17, 2022 at 07:52 PM
wjmeyer
• • •
p.8 #20 · p.8 #20 · OM-1 shipping date?

Can someone tell me if the new OM System OM-1 has the same limitation of previous Olympus bodies where you cannot save settings to a card/computer and then if you update firmware it will "reset" all your settings?

Apr 18, 2022 at 02:36 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.