1       2      
       4              9       10       end

OM-1 shipping date?

galenapass
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · OM-1 shipping date?

johnsigs wrote:
Got mine this morning ,for some reason my metabones adapter wont go on it. Just shot a bald eagle flying in to the nest.didn't upload yet.

You need to upload and start the first OM-1 image thread!

Mar 03, 2022 at 04:47 PM
Pwdrhound

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · OM-1 shipping date?

Paul_100A wrote:
from DPReview...

"BobT3218 • Senior Member • Posts: 1,025
Re: OM-1 shipping date
In reply to Brocher • 2 days ago
Mine arrived today. Olympus Australia had a deal whereby if you ordered before 28th Feb, you get a freebie second battery and charger. I ordered online on 27th Feb and got it on my doorstep on 1st March (Olympus is only 5 minutes away). To get the freebies one has to apply online with a copy of the receipt and camera s/n. Don't know why it isn't automatic. Not sure yet how free the freebies will turn out to be but I had
...Show more

I know it can be frustrating, but just think how great the anticipation is.

But seriously, this probably has to do more with shipping times to Australia vs North America. Factories are in Japan, China, Thailand (not sure, but certainly in Asia somewhere). All produced at one time in a batch at some contract manufacturer, then put on a slow boat somewhere. It's likely they've been in Australia for some time while are just getting through the logistics channel in North America. So not preferred, they just don't control the entire supply channel.

That's kind of how I see it.

Mar 03, 2022 at 05:17 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · OM-1 shipping date?

galenapass wrote:
I hope they did not charge you right away, without a camera to ship!

Yes the cc was charged!... I'll need to call tomorrow, I'm sure they have been swamped with calls.

Mar 03, 2022 at 05:19 PM
FrankA373
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · OM-1 shipping date?

Mine arrives tomorrow. Not sure when my wife’s order will be filled.

Mar 03, 2022 at 05:19 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · OM-1 shipping date?

RZ350 wrote:
Silly question, but anyone in Canada receive or have heard that their camera is on the way? Other than the OMD ambassador and DPR, doesn't seem there is a lot of love from OMD in Canada. Panasonic on the other hand does seem to actually have a presence here. Guess it all remains to be seen.

As of a couple of days ago, dealers in Canada had still not heard anything about when the cameras might ship to them, or how many, or if there would be batteries or other accessories available. Unfortunately there is no OM Systems presence in Canada so we might be in for a bit of a wait as US orders are filled.

Mar 03, 2022 at 05:55 PM
Paul_100A
• •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · OM-1 shipping date?

Pwdrhound wrote:
I know it can be frustrating, but just think how great the anticipation is.

But seriously, this probably has to do more with shipping times to Australia vs North America. Factories are in Japan, China, Thailand (not sure, but certainly in Asia somewhere). All produced at one time in a batch at some contract manufacturer, then put on a slow boat somewhere. It's likely they've been in Australia for some time while are just getting through the logistics channel in North America. So not preferred, they just don't control the entire supply channel.

That's kind of how I see it.

Thanks for your time.

I've ordered products from China and received them next day (or two).
I am guessing the reason these items from China are at my doorstep in a day or two is because the items were already stocked close by.

I assumed that OMDS was stocking their distributers (GetOlympus and retailer outlets etc..) so they would be ready for the 03/03/2022 release date to then ship to customers.

If it takes longer to 'ie. clear customs' for some countries more than others than OMDS has to do whatever it takes to maintain order.

I will never accept..."Sorry Sir, but Australia is closer than your country so they all get their stuff before you no matter what".

I want my product after the last person whom ordered ahead of me and before the next person whom ordered it after me.
The order is simple. Yes maintaining the order may not be simple but it should be maintained regardless.

I'm asking OMDS for an explanation why this order has not been maintained and until I get one from OMDS I feel as though this situation a big fat slap in the face buzzkill bummer.

I've ordered multiple item orders from Olympus in the past and they've always mentioned and offered that if one of the items in the order is going to take a lot longer to 'gather' then the other items...they will split the order.

I ordered the OM-1 with the battery/charger combo and a spare battery.
If OMDS is holding my order because they are awaiting the spare battery to ship all together...I am going to blow a gasket or two for sure.

The problem is I can't find out what the hell is going on, one way or the other, period.

Edited on Mar 03, 2022 at 06:20 PM · View previous versions

Mar 03, 2022 at 05:57 PM
Inoritcev

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · OM-1 shipping date?

I pre-ordered from Getolympus on 2/16 and I am anxiously waiting to see if my order made the first batch (payment has been charged). Otherwise, I just hope it will arrive before months...

Mar 03, 2022 at 05:58 PM
Paul_100A
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · OM-1 shipping date?

molson wrote:
As of a couple of days ago, dealers in Canada had still not heard anything about when the cameras might ship to them, or how many, or if there would be batteries or other accessories available. Unfortunately there is no OM Systems presence in Canada so we might be in for a bit of a wait as US orders are filled.

I ordered from Olympus.
I was told today that my order would be shipped from a depot in Texas (I can't remember where in Texas exactly). That same GetOlympus staff person was not able to tell me where I was on "the list" as he had no access to any list.

If it take 2 weeks to ship cargo to ie. Australia and 6 weeks to ship cargo to ie. Canada then the company selling the products does whatever logistically is necessary to ensure those customers in Canada whom ordered the products before those customers in Australia get their product before the other customers. Otherwise the company obviously just does not care enough to do the right thing and get their logistics sorted as best they can.

If the company has in fact done their level best yet but issues beyond their control (ie. customs delays) are making situations worse than fine...but SAY SOMETHING to your customers whom are unfairly affected. ..WTF? Why would a company let their customers remain all pissed off when they find out they are getting the short end of the stick?!?

Edited on Mar 03, 2022 at 06:22 PM · View previous versions

Mar 03, 2022 at 06:16 PM
white
• •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · OM-1 shipping date?

Mine just shipped from "The Camera Store" in Alberta Canada. Great people that I have dealt with extensively.

Additional batteries not shipping yet.

Mar 03, 2022 at 06:18 PM
Pwdrhound

p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · OM-1 shipping date?

Paul_100A wrote:
Thanks for your time.

I've ordered products from China and received them next day (or two).
I am guessing the reason these items from China are at my doorstep in a day or two is because the items were already stocked close by.

I assumed that OMDS was stocking their distributers (GetOlympus and retailer outlets etc..) so they would be ready for the 03/03/2022 release date to then ship to customers.

If it takes longer to 'ie. clear customs' for some countries more than others than OMDS has to do whatever it takes to maintain order.

I want my product after the
...Show more
It's unfortunate you are so bothered by this. In my view I think OMDS is actually managing this roll out quite well. It's not about "clearing customs", it's about Australia is a lot closer by cargo ship than North America. And then there are probably still some lingering port delays, and there are shortages and delays in trucking. Take your pick. With all that is going on in the world, again I think they have done a good job. Distribution and markets are regionalized and not all have the same market share, distribution problems or efficiency, or demand. Taking offense to someone down under getting their order ahead of you is not looking at it realistically. It just is what it is. It's like choosing the wrong checkout line at the grocery store. You got in the wrong line, but you only have so many lines to choose from and can't see them all.

Please don't take this wrong, but maybe take a deep breath and recognize this isn't a big problem in the larger scheme of things.

Mar 03, 2022 at 06:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

johnsigs
• •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · OM-1 shipping date?

I just posted a slideshow on my flicker page, I have been shooting sony for the last year so didn't spend any time setting up the camera, the Sh2 mode is crazy fast , i came home with over 3000 photo and nothing opens them yet. I found by making these slideshows its a good way to check focus. The slideshow is over 600 pictures with the OM-1 and 300 F4

https://flic.kr/p/2n6Huev

Mar 03, 2022 at 07:01 PM
Pwdrhound

p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · OM-1 shipping date?

johnsigs wrote:
I just posted a slideshow on my flicker page, I have been shooting sony for the last year so didn't spend any time setting up the camera, the Sh2 mode is crazy fast , i came home with over 3000 photo and nothing opens them yet. I found by making these slideshows its a good way to check focus. The slideshow is over 600 pictures with the OM-1 and 300 F4

Thanks for sharing that. played a few of those and it looks promising for sure!

How did you make those slide shows? Is that just part of flickr?

Mar 03, 2022 at 07:21 PM
johnsigs
• •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · OM-1 shipping date?

Pwdrhound wrote:
Thanks for sharing that. played a few of those and it looks promising for sure!

How did you make those slide shows? Is that just part of flickr?

I use a program called videopad and adjust the time in between photos. Could probably use any video editing program.

Mar 03, 2022 at 07:28 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · OM-1 shipping date?

johnsigs wrote:

Out of all the YT videos that I have watched this set that you have uploaded gives me the best idea about what to expect for the AFC performance. While it does not look like it is at Sony A1 level, it does look very good. I would say OM is now in the ballpark along with Sony, Canon and Nikon.

Mar 03, 2022 at 07:57 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · OM-1 shipping date?

johnsigs wrote:

John thanks for the show! The Herons fighting on the ice was spectacular.

I do notice that when you zoom the focus tracking falls off and when you stop the focus is regained. What zoom lens were you using?

Like the Accipiter series flying through the tree branches and you were able to keep a tight framing.

Patrick

Mar 03, 2022 at 08:04 PM
gary0319
• •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · OM-1 shipping date?

johnsigs wrote:

If you download a free copy of the OM Workspace it will open those files. Additionally OMWS has a new feature called Focus Analyzer that will interrogate any burst of images and pick out the sharpest focus ones (you pic the focus spot) than order them from best to worst. It actually works very well on JPEGS and RAWS, and saves a lot of time scrolling back and forth to find the sharpest images.

Mar 03, 2022 at 09:13 PM
Pwdrhound

p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · OM-1 shipping date?

gary0319 wrote:
Additionally OMWS has a new feature called Focus Analyzer that will interrogate any burst of images and pick out the sharpest focus ones (you pic the focus spot) than order them from best to worst. It actually works very well on JPEGS and RAWS, and saves a lot of time scrolling back and forth to find the sharpest images.

Had not heard of this tool in Workspace. I don't have it yet, but this sounds potentially very useful.

Mar 03, 2022 at 09:34 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · OM-1 shipping date?

Pwdrhound wrote:
Had not heard of this tool in Workspace. I don't have it yet, but this sounds potentially very useful.

https://app.olympus-imaging.com/olympusworkspace/en/

I saw someplace videos of the new features but I have not watched them.

Mar 03, 2022 at 10:06 PM
johnsigs
• •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · OM-1 shipping date?

PV Hiker wrote:
John thanks for the show! The Herons fighting on the ice was spectacular.

I do notice that when you zoom the focus tracking falls off and when you stop the focus is regained. What zoom lens were you using?

Like the Accipiter series flying through the tree branches and you were able to keep a tight framing.

Patrick

Most of the other video were with the sony A1 and 200-600, I think the olympus will work better than my display , i need to try other settings. Its much faster than the EM1 iii

Mar 03, 2022 at 10:34 PM
MEDISN

p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · OM-1 shipping date?

B&H order just moved from “order placed” to “shipped” in the last hour. We have a second on order from local store but today said they had 30+ orders with only 5 allotted in the first batch and we missed the cut.

The free battery still says backordered through B&H and ships separately.

Mar 03, 2022 at 11:24 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password