New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3              9       10       end

OM-1 shipping date?

FJR1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · OM-1 shipping date?

I just talked to a Getolympus rep, and he indicated that if you are not among those getting a first batch OM-1, the wait may be 2-3 months for batch #2.

Mar 03, 2022 at 06:10 AM
Jchord

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · OM-1 shipping date?

Dang hope I’m in the first batch. Still “processing” for me. Preordered morning of 2/15.

Mar 03, 2022 at 09:20 AM
jadedaid

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · OM-1 shipping date?

In Europe the regular Olympus site stopped taking pre-order for the body alone a while back, and the kit sold out a few days ago.

Wrote two shops in my home country and was told 1 month wait with the first one and 14-30 days with the other (with 12 pre-orders placed so far). Let's see. I would expect availability to be reasonable as long as one doesn't limit themselves to BH or Adorama.

Mar 03, 2022 at 09:26 AM
whumber
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · OM-1 shipping date?

Jchord wrote:
Dang hope I’m in the first batch. Still “processing” for me. Preordered morning of 2/15.

My order still says processing on their webpage but they sent me the shipping information yesterday via e-mail and Fedex tracking says it should arrive some time tomorrow.

Mar 03, 2022 at 09:37 AM
Jchord

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · OM-1 shipping date?

whumber wrote:
My order still says processing on their webpage but they sent me the shipping information yesterday via e-mail and Fedex tracking says it should arrive some time tomorrow.

Thanks for that tidbit. No shipment notifications for me yet 😔 Was hoping it went to the junk by mistake but nada. I’ll keep an eye out there.

Mar 03, 2022 at 11:38 AM
gary0319
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · OM-1 shipping date?

UPDATE...

My wife and I both preordered from our local dealer on the first hours after announcement back in February. Today we picked up our "one" OM-1. Our dealer had 29 preorders and received 4 units. He has no idea when the next shipment may arrive, or the spare battery, or the charger, or the wireless remote. Between the chip shortage and now the supply routes being all impacted by the war....... this could be a long wait.

How about some good news? OK in the box was the super little flash unit that was not included with our E-MK1 III's, but is now included again. Maybe doesn't offset the shipping /supply disappointment, but it is something.

BTW the battery had absolutely no charge ..... stone cold zero. It's now charging via the wall adapter.

Mar 03, 2022 at 01:09 PM
litepixels
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · OM-1 shipping date?

Just chatted with GetOlympus. They began shipping today. Standard response, Card will not be charged until the order is completed. So if you got in early chances are you'll be in the first batch. If not then the wait is on. Hopefully it won't be like the wait for the 150-400, that was November 2020 to June 2021!!!

Mar 03, 2022 at 01:17 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · OM-1 shipping date?

Kind of miffed about the whole situation. OM-Systems seem to not giving dealers enough.

It is no fault of Hunts as they can only provide what seems like one per customer. So that leaves us short. The spare batteries and ALL the accessories won't be in until later this month. As for the more bodies shipment was told Best guess is our next delivery will be end of this month or beginning of April, although we haven't heard anything from Olympus yet.

Should have learned not to put all my eggs in one basket, hindsight placed orders at other locations.

This morning I did go on Get Olympus web site and preordered 2 bodies because today is the last day for free battery and 3 year warranty extension. Placed order and CC was charged for the order right away. Sent a email inquiring on fulfillment, ....waiting.

Mar 03, 2022 at 01:56 PM
memzinla
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · OM-1 shipping date?

I've been checking stock on multiple websites and it seems like they all sold out or don't have any in stock!

Mar 03, 2022 at 02:23 PM
RZ350

p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · OM-1 shipping date?

Silly question, but anyone in Canada receive or have heard that their camera is on the way? Other than the OMD ambassador and DPR, doesn't seem there is a lot of love from OMD in Canada. Panasonic on the other hand does seem to actually have a presence here. Guess it all remains to be seen.

Mar 03, 2022 at 02:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bob Kane
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · OM-1 shipping date?

Bergen County Camera got only one and I was first on the list. Picked it up just now (without the second battery--I don't think anyone has gotten one).

Mar 03, 2022 at 02:54 PM
hoodlum90
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · OM-1 shipping date?

RZ350 wrote:
Silly question, but anyone in Canada receive or have heard that their camera is on the way? Other than the OMD ambassador and DPR, doesn't seem there is a lot of love from OMD in Canada. Panasonic on the other hand does seem to actually have a presence here. Guess it all remains to be seen.

I ordered from GetOlympus on the morning of the announcement and haven’t heard anything yet.

Mar 03, 2022 at 03:14 PM
maf27
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · OM-1 shipping date?

Bob Kane wrote:
Bergen County Camera got only one and I was first on the list. Picked it up just now (without the second battery--I don't think anyone has gotten one).

Great news, Bob. I got mine through Adorama today and was able to get the battery charged and take a couple of quick shots. I do notice a humming noise when the camera is on. As soon as I switch it off, it is gone. Almost sounds like when other brand systems (like Nikon) engage their in-body stabilization. If you can share your experiences, I would appreciate it.

PS: the backup batteries are backordered everywhere for now.

Mar 03, 2022 at 03:17 PM
johnsigs
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · OM-1 shipping date?

Got mine this morning ,for some reason my metabones adapter wont go on it. Just shot a bald eagle flying in to the nest.didn't upload yet.

Mar 03, 2022 at 03:31 PM
fsi22
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · OM-1 shipping date?

maf27 wrote:
Great news, Bob. I got mine through Adorama today and was able to get the battery charged and take a couple of quick shots. I do notice a humming noise when the camera is on. As soon as I switch it off, it is gone. Almost sounds like when other brand systems (like Nikon) engage their in-body stabilization. If you can share your experiences, I would appreciate it.

PS: the backup batteries are backordered everywhere for now.

Thats the ibis. Normal

Mar 03, 2022 at 03:44 PM
maf27
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · OM-1 shipping date?

Thats the ibis. Normal

That was my initial thought but even if switch off IBIS, I can hear it - it sounds more like a fan. My E-M1 MkII is completely silent with IBIS turned on.

Mar 03, 2022 at 03:59 PM
johnvanr
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · OM-1 shipping date?

My small shop told me he has no kits on the way (I had ordered the kit), but he has a camera coming in tomorrow with my name on it. I usually buy two copies of this Olympus series, so the kit will follow later, I guess.

No word on the extra battery or grip that I also ordered.

I just want to try this camera out and see how I go forward with my gear, so if I get mine soon enough, I can start making decisions. Hopefully, that process starts Saturday.

Mar 03, 2022 at 04:00 PM
foxwiz
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · OM-1 shipping date?

I was a bit late to the party. I ordered on 2/20 so I just missed the first batch. I ordered from Adorama and their limited supply has already gone out. Spoke to customer service and they said there are about 200 pre-orders so they don't know when the next batch will come in.

So since I was 5 days late to the party, who knows where I am in the queue. Guess it's waiting time.

Mar 03, 2022 at 04:33 PM
Paul_100A
• •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · OM-1 shipping date?

from DPReview...

"BobT3218 • Senior Member • Posts: 1,025
Re: OM-1 shipping date
In reply to Brocher • 2 days ago
Mine arrived today. Olympus Australia had a deal whereby if you ordered before 28th Feb, you get a freebie second battery and charger. I ordered online on 27th Feb and got it on my doorstep on 1st March (Olympus is only 5 minutes away). To get the freebies one has to apply online with a copy of the receipt and camera s/n. Don't know why it isn't automatic. Not sure yet how free the freebies will turn out to be but I had to go for it. My trusty E-M1.1 is on it's second shutter and I really could do with better ISO performance.
Now I've got a bit of reading to do."

so...customer ordered the OM-1 4 days ago on a sunday. customer received the OM-1 two days ago.

Can anyone please explain to me why customers of one geographical area are preferred to those of other geographical areas?

I pre-ordered the OM-1 after the presentation (16 days ago).
My credit card has not been charged yet so I assume I am still waiting on my OM-1 to leave the shipper's local (best case scenario) or I have to wait until the next batch or the next or so on.
I haven't a clue when my OM-1 will arrive.

Manufactures know that people from all corners of this planet communicate right? They know that we all know when we all order stuff then get the stuff and how much we pay for stuff right?

Edited on Mar 03, 2022 at 04:43 PM · View previous versions

Mar 03, 2022 at 04:41 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · OM-1 shipping date?

PV Hiker wrote:
Kind of miffed about the whole situation. OM-Systems seem to not giving dealers enough.

It is no fault of Hunts as they can only provide what seems like one per customer. So that leaves us short. The spare batteries and ALL the accessories won't be in until later this month. As for the more bodies shipment was told Best guess is our next delivery will be end of this month or beginning of April, although we haven't heard anything from Olympus yet.

Should have learned not to put all my eggs in one basket, hindsight placed orders at other locations.

This morning
...Show more

I hope they did not charge you right away, without a camera to ship!

Mar 03, 2022 at 04:43 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password