New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              9       10       end

OM-1 shipping date?

FrankA373
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · OM-1 shipping date?

Is anyone getting notified yet? My local store has one for me though no delivery date yet.

Mar 01, 2022 at 11:26 AM
robert_in_ca
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · OM-1 shipping date?

The dealer I ordered from called me yesterday to say that Olympus confirmed the shipment to them, and that mine would be sent to me either on Thursday or Friday.

FrankA373 wrote:
Is anyone getting notified yet? My local store has one for me though no delivery date yet.

Mar 01, 2022 at 11:52 AM
FJR1
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · OM-1 shipping date?

I ordered from B&H, Getolympus, and Amazon in the hope that one would ship the OM-1 close to March 3. So, far, there has been no change in the status of any of these orders. Once one camera ships, the other two orders will be cancelled and will go to the next lucky person who ordered. Good luck to all!

Mar 01, 2022 at 12:19 PM
johnvanr
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · OM-1 shipping date?

My shop owner only told me he would keep me posted. I don't think he's sure himself he will get it by March 3rd. In any case, pretty sure even if he gets it on time, it won't arrive at my door until early next week.

It's strange because I have bought a ton of cameras and lenses but I'm particularly curious about this one.

I guess part of me hopes it will be that perfect combo of providing both an excellent shooting experience and great results, something which has eluded me for many years now with everything I've tried.

Mar 01, 2022 at 06:16 PM
robert_in_ca
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · OM-1 shipping date?

johnvanr wrote:
My shop owner only told me he would keep me posted. I don't think he's sure himself he will get it by March 3rd. In any case, pretty sure even if he gets it on time, it won't arrive at my door until early next week.

It's strange because I have bought a ton of cameras and lenses but I'm particularly curious about this one.

I guess part of me hopes it will be that perfect combo of providing both an excellent shooting experience and great results, something which has eluded me for many years now with everything I've tried.
I am with you on being hopeful - for me it's really about the CAF+Tracking - and if its 50% or more better than my E-M1X I'll be happy.

Mar 01, 2022 at 08:14 PM
johnvanr
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · OM-1 shipping date?

robert_in_ca wrote:
I am with you on being hopeful - for me it's really about the CAF+Tracking - and if its 50% or more better than my E-M1X I'll be happy.

Ideally, I want one system that can do it all. Realistically, if MFT can do most and a small FF kit can do the rest, Iíll be happy.

Mar 01, 2022 at 08:26 PM
whumber
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · OM-1 shipping date?

robert_in_ca wrote:

Wasn't the official word from Olympus, via the DPReview guys, that the C-AF + Tracking mode is identical to previous cameras?

Mar 01, 2022 at 08:46 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · OM-1 shipping date?

whumber wrote:
Wasn't the official word from Olympus, via the DPReview guys, that the C-AF + Tracking mode is identical to previous cameras?

That is not what I saw. They did indicate that the new GH6 was a lot like previous cameras.

Mar 01, 2022 at 11:50 PM
robert_in_ca
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · OM-1 shipping date?

No. They said if you use subject recognition (ie: birds, animals, etc) with CAF+Tracking itís really good. Its when you use CAF+Tracking without subject recognition that itís like previous models.

whumber wrote:

Mar 02, 2022 at 01:25 AM
fadeslayer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · OM-1 shipping date?

robert_in_ca wrote:
No. They said if you use subject recognition (ie: birds, animals, etc) with CAF+Tracking itís really good. Its when you use CAF+Tracking without subject recognition that itís like previous models.

But now you can use Subject detection in AF-S and AF-C without tracking, too, Michael Guthmann even said (precise question asked) that in his opinion it's better to use Bird AI WITHOUT tracking.

Mar 02, 2022 at 06:07 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

whumber
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · OM-1 shipping date?

robert_in_ca wrote:

That's what I meant, the general C-AF + Tracking mode is unchanged. The AI subject recognition modes are actually no longer tied to the C-AF + Tr mode like they were with the E-M1X.

Mar 02, 2022 at 08:53 AM
johnsigs
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · OM-1 shipping date?

Mine just shipped from B&H , will be here tomorrow

Mar 02, 2022 at 09:07 AM
George Welch
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · OM-1 shipping date?

Congratulations!

I was unfortunately late to the party but am 7th in line at my shop.

Cheers

George

Mar 02, 2022 at 09:19 AM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · OM-1 shipping date?

whumber wrote:
That's what I meant, the general C-AF + Tracking mode is unchanged. The AI subject recognition modes are actually no longer tied to the C-AF + Tr mode like they were with the E-M1X.

I'd expect it to work the same, but perform better. IE the basic mode hasn't changed, but how well it tracks has improved.

If nothing else they've gone from 121 PDAF points to 1000+, and added a lot of processing power.

Mar 02, 2022 at 10:26 AM
maf27
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · OM-1 shipping date?

robert_in_ca wrote:

Hi Robert,

What's the difference between "Subject Recognition with CAF+Tracking" and "Subject Recognition with CAF (no tracking)" ?

Venkat

Mar 02, 2022 at 10:27 AM
gary0319
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · OM-1 shipping date?

Dealer confirmed that tomorrow I can pick up one of the two my wife and I ordered. He says he is short 25 cameras to fill all his preorders, so we have to wait on the second one. He can not estimate on delivery time for the second body, due to global conflicts.
My wife gets first dibs.❤️

Mar 02, 2022 at 03:00 PM
maf27
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · OM-1 shipping date?

Ordered from Adorama on 2/15. Shipped today.

Mar 02, 2022 at 03:25 PM
Sagar
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · OM-1 shipping date?

It will be helpful if folks also list the dealer name, will get some sense of inflow.

Mar 02, 2022 at 03:58 PM
FJR1
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · OM-1 shipping date?

Heard from B&H this morning that I am not among those who get the first batch. Ordered Feb. 19.

Mar 02, 2022 at 05:02 PM
whumber
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · OM-1 shipping date?

Got my shipping notification from GetOlympus, should have the camera on Friday. Had my pre-order in within a few minutes of launch.

Mar 02, 2022 at 08:09 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password