New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · OM1 Pre-order Offer

Cape Fear

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · OM1 Pre-order Offer

Many years ago I participated in these FM forums - shooting Nikon gear. For 15 yrs I have been without any gear and I am considering getting back to shooting with the newly announced OM1 camera. I am 75 yrs old and not as sharp mentally as I once was so help an old man out here - I think this is pretty simple but will have peace of mind if someone will confirm (or deny) my thinking on this ~

If I "Preorder" the OM1 camera with the latest version of the Olympus 12-40 f2.8 Pro II Lens as a packaged deal before March 3, 2022, I will qualify for the free Olympus extra battery for the camera.

And - If I register the OM1 camera within 45 days of the proof of purchase receipt I will receive an extra three years warranty on the OM1 camera body - for a total of 4 years of warranty coverage.

My concern is - if I place the above noted deal purchase at B&H before March 3, 2022, but they cannot ship it to me until sometime in April or later I would still qualify for the free battery and the extra warranty coverage at no charge to me.

So, "Compliance" on my part is simply placing the "Preorder" at B&H before March 3rd.

Right? or Wrong?
Thanks
Cape Fear

Feb 23, 2022 at 09:11 AM
Sagar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · OM1 Pre-order Offer

This is a pre-order offer from Olympus and not just B&H. By definition of “pre-order” it has to t ordered before market available day which is March 4. So yes, in my opinion if you place the order during that period you would be eligible but would not heart cross checking with B&H chat.

On the other note, based on my chat with smaller retailers they don’t have a long line and don’t expect a waiting list. Larger dealers like B&H, Adorama may be a different story…

Feb 23, 2022 at 09:17 AM
stephen_s1
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · OM1 Pre-order Offer

My guess is yes. But for peace of mind give customer service at B&H a call. They're a great bunch.

Feb 23, 2022 at 09:18 AM
fadeslayer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · OM1 Pre-order Offer

In Italy, we have a second battery and +3 years of warranty too (but we get 5 total years, in Italy standard is 2 years for end users and 1 year for professionals). So, yes, it's worldwide promotion by OM Digital itself, even if distributors claim it's on their part this "gift" .

Feb 23, 2022 at 09:37 AM
SpecFoto
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · OM1 Pre-order Offer

Welcome back to FM.

Below is the link to the US OMDS webpage that gives the details on the free battery and extended warranty offer. It says if you preorder in the US from any authorized dealer you will get a free battery, shipped from the seller, then once you receive the camera you need to register at the OMDS website and they will extend your warranty 3 additional years. I just preordered mine today and the extra battery was included at no cost by B&H and included free 2 day shipping.

https://learnandsupport.getolympus.com/sites/default/files/media/files/2022/02/BatteryAndWarrantyOffer_Flyer_210210.pdf

The 12-40 f2.8 Pro is an EXCELLENT lens choice, have had mine since 2013 and it is my travel zoom lens of choice. Very sharp, quick to focus and excellent IQ, plus the weather sealing is very reassuring. Taken it on 5 trips to Thailand and SE Asia where is can rain any day and it has held up beautifully.

One change in all new cameras you may not be aware of, you now can charge the battery via a USB port on the camera. But this has meant you can't use the camera while charging, OMDS now says you can with the OM-1. Many companies, like OMDS with the OM-1, no longer supply a battery charger, but give you a USB wall plug and a charging cable. It work fine, as I have 3 different camera bodies that work this way and around the house I use my iPhone charger to charge all of them, I just need 2 small, but different connector plug cables to fit the bodies. For travel I bought a $20 Anker wall charger that has both the USB-A rectangular style plug (for charging older accessories) and the newer USB-C PD (high power + faster charging) oval shaped plug that the OM-1 and latest phones use. So you don't need to waste $150 (ridiculous price) on the 2 bay BCX-1 battery charger OMDS sells. Be aware though, B&H has a bundle offer that costs $150 more and you get a "free" battery and the charger, but not an extra free battery, you are just paying full price for the charger and they are sending you the battery in the OMDS promotion.

I still like to have dual bay USB charger, and very soon you will be able to buy a single or dual bay charger, most likely with a couple of spare non-OEM OM-1 batteries, for a LOT less than what OMDS wants. Wasabi, who makes quality chargers and 3 year warranty spare batteries for most camera makes, has a kit with a dual USB charger, cable and 2 batteries for Olympus EM1 Mk2 & 3 for $55. I bought the Wasabi dual bay USB charger only for $14! The OM-1 uses a slightly different, but more powerful battery, so I will be buying the Wasabi dual USB charger once it comes out. I use this to charge spare batteries while out in the field shooting, it plugs into the USB port in my Jeep.

Feb 23, 2022 at 11:13 AM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.