New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

RRS OM-1 camera plate information

PV Hiker
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

I contacted RRS to see how they might be coming along with a camera plate for the OM-1 and response is.

"As of right now, we are looking into the new camera and if one of our plates we have already made works, or if not, we will see if we are possibly making a new plate."

Is it my understanding that the OM-1 camera foot print is different than the MKii & III? Different battery shape should not matter too much??

If enough people tell them they want a plate then they might make one? I'm sure they'll put one out.

We have been loyal for years to them and need plates for the end of March. Maybe buy cheap Amazon generic ones until all is sorted out.

Feb 22, 2022 at 11:53 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

I'm not sure RRS has much interest in making camera plates and L-brackets any more - I've been waiting for an L-bracket for my GFX 100s for more than six months now. They seem to be concentrating on accessories for guns more than anything else.

Feb 23, 2022 at 03:47 PM
SrMi

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

I got my RRS L-plate for GFX 100S in August 2021.

Feb 23, 2022 at 06:51 PM
MEDISN

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

SrMi wrote:

Is there a camera you don't have?

What do use most (everyday)? Don't say iPhone!

Feb 23, 2022 at 07:39 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

SrMi wrote:

That seems to be the last time they made any... it's been "Out of Stock" since then.

Feb 23, 2022 at 08:02 PM
SrMi

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

MEDISN wrote:
Is there a camera you don't have?

What do use most (everyday)? Don't say iPhone!

iPhone is the camera that I always have with me and use when I accidentally see an interesting frame.
Nowadays, when I plan to photograph, I use either Leica M11 or Olympus M1.3. In a couple of months, I may use one of the other cameras.

Feb 24, 2022 at 10:42 AM
MEDISN

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

SrMi wrote:

iPhone is the camera that I always have with me and use when I accidentally see an interesting frame.
Nowadays, when I plan to photograph, I use either Leica M11 or Olympus M1.3. In a couple of months, I may use one of the other cameras.

You sound like me. Mrs. MEDISN is the M shooter but I do get to play. I steal the Q2 quite often for everyday family/kid use. Don't have to think much, just enjoy. Most of my work (and fun) these days is travel/adventure/sports/wildlife so Olympus compliments my situation quite well. We use SL2's for video work and studio. Sometimes I sneak a SL2 out for seascapes (pixel shift). Loads of fun.

I always appreciate your comments and insights that span such a wide range of cameras. I seem to run across your posts via Google searches that bring me to various forums. You're always there sharing knowledge!

Feb 24, 2022 at 01:44 PM
jeffnesh
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

Sorry to continue off topic...I shoot an M10 and am strongly leaning toward an OM-1 as a compliment for non M situations (reach, weather, mtn biking where bumps worry my on RF calibration, etc.) and love the computational photog idea. I used Olympus E1/E510/EP1, and hope it's a good compliment to the M10.

Good to hear others (if I read correctly) have the same approach.

Feb 24, 2022 at 05:27 PM
SrMi

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

MEDISN wrote:
You sound like me. Mrs. MEDISN is the M shooter but I do get to play. I steal the Q2 quite often for everyday family/kid use. Don't have to think much, just enjoy. Most of my work (and fun) these days is travel/adventure/sports/wildlife so Olympus compliments my situation quite well. We use SL2's for video work and studio. Sometimes I sneak a SL2 out for seascapes (pixel shift). Loads of fun.

I always appreciate your comments and insights that span such a wide range of cameras. I seem to run across your posts via Google searches that bring me to various
...Show more

After seeing some of my shots, Mrs. SrMi insisted to have her own M10-P and M10M . However, the D850 is still her main workhorse when she goes shooting seriously.
Thank you for the compliments and thank you for sharing knowledge as well! The two most bookmarked posts on DPR's m43 forum are yours!

Hand-Held High Res: A Practical Guide
Pixel Shift: A Primer for Beginners

Feb 24, 2022 at 06:29 PM
MEDISN

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

Ha! Those two posts probably get more views than the manuscripts and textbook chapters I published professionally. Go figure 🤣

Feb 24, 2022 at 07:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Robin Smith
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

Kirk make these plates as far as I know, so you should contact them. All my cameras have had Kirk plates

Feb 28, 2022 at 05:49 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

Robin Smith wrote:
Kirk make these plates as far as I know, so you should contact them. All my cameras have had Kirk plates

Great suggestion! I was going to do a search for companies.

Edited on Mar 02, 2022 at 02:14 PM · View previous versions

Feb 28, 2022 at 06:10 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

Robin Smith wrote:

Kirk Photo doesn't make any dedicated L-brackets or plates for Olympus cameras any more.

Feb 28, 2022 at 06:27 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

Ha... I see on Amazon to get cheapie temporary ones until quality is made at 2 for around $14.00. Once done with them give them away while traveling to people in need

Feb 28, 2022 at 06:29 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

molson wrote:
Kirk Photo doesn't make any dedicated L-brackets or plates for Olympus cameras any more.

I saw that, what they do list look pretty generic.

Feb 28, 2022 at 06:30 PM
Robin Smith
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

Maybe they will restart for the OM1 if it is successful

Mar 01, 2022 at 10:25 AM
Michael Gordon
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

PV Hiker wrote:
I contacted RRS to see how they might be coming along with a camera plate for the OM-1 and response is.

"As of right now, we are looking into the new camera and if one of our plates we have already made works, or if not, we will see if we are possibly making a new plate."

Is it my understanding that the OM-1 camera foot print is different than the MKii & III? Different battery shape should not matter too much??

If enough people tell them they want a plate then they might make one? I'm sure they'll put one out.

We
...Show more

I had contacted them too. They didn't think the MkII /III plates would be a good fit. They had not committed to making one either and were still gauging interest.
I suppose the more people that contact them the better.

Mar 04, 2022 at 05:39 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

whumber wrote:
.... The RRS L-bracket for the E-M1ii/iii does not fit; you can sort of get it on the camera but you would destroy the threads on the tripod socket if you tried to tighten it.

Thank you for the feedback with the RRS camera plate!!!

Reposted
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1746119/0#15881434

Mar 04, 2022 at 06:33 PM
Chuck Eklund
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

I received this email response from RRS this morning:

Thank you for your email.

We are currently tracking customer demand right now and it's likely that we will make a plate system. However, we haven't finalized our plans concerning this camera yet, and so we don't have anything to announce at the moment. Once we do, such an announcement would probably first come from our newsletter, so I'd recommend subscribing if you haven't already.

Mar 07, 2022 at 11:30 AM
MEDISN

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · RRS OM-1 camera plate information

Chuck Eklund wrote:
I received this email response from RRS this morning:

Thank you for your email.

We are currently tracking customer demand right now and it's likely that we will make a plate system. However, we haven't finalized our plans concerning this camera yet, and so we don't have anything to announce at the moment. Once we do, such an announcement would probably first come from our newsletter, so I'd recommend subscribing if you haven't already.

I received the same email this morning from Camille. Fingers crossed they fab one.

Mar 07, 2022 at 11:36 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password