New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              10      
       end

Official: Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS and 1200mm f/8 L IS Lenses

RobAmy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #1 · p.11 #1 · Official: Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS and 1200mm f/8 L IS Lenses

Vince Maidens wrote:
It will JUST fit in the fstop Shinn DuraDiamond with the Cine ICU...just

What is this are you holding out and have a pre production 1200mm

Mar 04, 2022 at 07:41 AM
RobAmy
• • • • • •
p.11 #2 · p.11 #2 · Official: Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS and 1200mm f/8 L IS Lenses

gkinard1952 wrote:
Actually when i go over to the Sony 600mm lens and the A-1 photos. I can see an immediate difference in sharpness.
The photos seem to pop , not trying to cause problems. But, I am thinking of switching , either Nikon or Sony. Only reason I have not switched yet is because of the A1. Personally I would not buy any of the RF big whites.

Meant the R1 not the A1.
And I have not gone to Sony yet because I am not a fan of 600mm lenses.
Been saving my penny's so I will wait just a
...Show more

Not calling you out but curious if you prefer image quality from the other two systems why wait for the R1 which will not be cheap according to the latest pricing. I personally like the quality from the 1DX Mark III, R5, R3 etc and would not think the image quality would improve with the R1 because you will still have the same lenses for the most part.

Mar 04, 2022 at 08:04 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.11 #3 · p.11 #3 · Official: Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS and 1200mm f/8 L IS Lenses

gkinard1952 wrote:
Meant the R1 not the A1.
And I have not gone to Sony yet because I am not a fan of 600mm lenses.
Been saving my penny's so I will wait just a little longer.

Ah gotcha. That makes sense. The R1 is something I'm very interested to see also. Make me a 45MP R3 with dual CFe-B and make me a an RF600 f/4 DO and Sony will be a distant memory

Mar 04, 2022 at 08:12 AM
gkinard1952
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #4 · p.11 #4 · Official: Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS and 1200mm f/8 L IS Lenses

Not calling you out but curious if you prefer image quality from the other two systems why wait for the R1 which will not be cheap according to the latest pricing. I personally like the quality from the 1DX Mark III, R5, R3 etc and would not think the image quality would improve with the R1 because you will still have the same lenses for the most part.

Only talking about the RF glass.
I have a couple of lenses I like. I'll wait.

Mar 04, 2022 at 08:17 AM
Vince Maidens
• •
p.11 #5 · p.11 #5 · Official: Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS and 1200mm f/8 L IS Lenses

Not yet but I faked it with a proper 600 RF

Oh that and a ruler haha

Mar 07, 2022 at 04:44 AM
RobAmy
• • • • • •
p.11 #6 · p.11 #6 · Official: Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS and 1200mm f/8 L IS Lenses

I had a preorder in with Canon for the 800mm but over the weekend received a your preorder has been canceled email. Not sure why that is, never happened before. I will call them today and ask but that usually goes nowhere. That will hurt for line placement. May just wait until available now. I am not sure why they keep announcing new lenses when they can't meet demand on the other big whites. To put out a notice already for delays before one retail model hits the streets is strange. Same with the new Nikon 400mm, look how long the 500mm PF took to fill back orders. Crazy times.

Mar 07, 2022 at 05:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

burningheart
• • • •
p.11 #7 · p.11 #7 · Official: Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS and 1200mm f/8 L IS Lenses

RobAmy wrote:
I had a preorder in with Canon for the 800mm but over the weekend received a your preorder has been canceled email. Not sure why that is, never happened before. I will call them today and ask but that usually goes nowhere. That will hurt for line placement. May just wait until available now. I am not sure why they keep announcing new lenses when they can't meet demand on the other big whites. To put out a notice already for delays before one retail model hits the streets is strange. Same with the new Nikon 400mm, look how long
...Show more

How dare they. Don't they know who they are dealing with

Don't they know how much you influence other photographers? You are a bigger influencer then any old YouTube influencer. Someone who actually uses the lenses beyond a You Tube video and gets consistent great shots.

A lost sale to you is more than just 1 lost sale it multiples. Just look at how many 400s and 600s were bought after you acquired first the EF then the RF versions.

You should be number 2 on the list. I say number 2 as I hope I am number 1.

Hopefully my dealer doesn't run into the same issue.

Mar 07, 2022 at 06:20 PM
RobAmy
• • • • • •
p.11 #8 · p.11 #8 · Official: Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS and 1200mm f/8 L IS Lenses

burningheart wrote:
How dare they. Don't they know who they are dealing with

Don't they know how much you influence other photographers? You are a bigger influencer then any old YouTube influencer. Someone who actually uses the lenses beyond a You Tube video and gets consistent great shots.

A lost sale to you is more than just 1 lost sale it multiples. Just look at how many 400s and 600s were bought after you acquired first the EF then the RF versions.

You should be number 2 on the list. I say number 2 as I hope I am number 1.
...Show more

Ha Ha, I hope your first too. I called Canon today and they said is was some issue on there end but I would have to preorder again and that's when the order queue would start. I am trying a couple other options before I go the Canon store as I am not happy the way they handled it. So I may have missed the first tier on this one seeing they announced supply issues already. I will have to live thru you now. Hope you get one.

Mar 07, 2022 at 06:29 PM
Methodical
• • • •
p.11 #9 · p.11 #9 · Official: Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS and 1200mm f/8 L IS Lenses

Glad I don't chase the latest and greatest. Keeps me sane with a bigger bank account. Oh, but I may go a bit nutz just before I retire in the not too distant future.

Mar 09, 2022 at 04:27 AM
burningheart
• • • •
p.11 #10 · p.11 #10 · Official: Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS and 1200mm f/8 L IS Lenses

No release is complete without Rudy Winston

Mar 12, 2022 at 11:15 PM
armd
• • • •
p.11 #11 · p.11 #11 · Official: Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS and 1200mm f/8 L IS Lenses

The 800mm looks like a super lens but only a few people will be able to afford its $17k price tag.

Mar 13, 2022 at 06:37 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password