Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Sigma unveils its 16mm, 30mm and 56mm F1.4 primes for Fujifilm X-mount c...

Photosbydlee
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sigma unveils its 16mm, 30mm and 56mm F1.4 primes for Fujifilm X-mount cameras

So I ended up selling the M50 Mark II and got the X-S10 along with the Sigma 56mm! It performs just as well as on EF-M and was around $300 AUD cheaper than the Fuji 56mm f/1.2!

Jun 23, 2022 at 04:04 PM
fjablo
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sigma unveils its 16mm, 30mm and 56mm F1.4 primes for Fujifilm X-mount cameras

gdanmitchell wrote:
I'm with you on this. I had one lens without an aperture ring, the Fujifilm 27mm f/2.8. Loved the lens, but very much disliked losing the aperture ring. The work around, assigning a wheel to control aperture, was far from satisfactory. I eventually got the v2 copy that now come with the aperture ring.

Ugh yeah I'll have to re-buy the 27mm at some point (or: an X100V)... having a true pancake lens is so good sometimes, but not at the expense of the aperture ring!

Jun 24, 2022 at 02:01 AM
esanchez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sigma unveils its 16mm, 30mm and 56mm F1.4 primes for Fujifilm X-mount cameras

They are on sale already. :-( I bought mine at full price.

Jul 12, 2022 at 11:10 PM
BnG-Murphy

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sigma unveils its 16mm, 30mm and 56mm F1.4 primes for Fujifilm X-mount cameras

fjablo wrote:
Ugh yeah I'll have to re-buy the 27mm at some point (or: an X100V)... having a true pancake lens is so good sometimes, but not at the expense of the aperture ring!

Be sure to get the official hood for either version of the 27mm. It is awesome. Tiny, cheap (9/$13), similar to the one on the 23mm f2. Might not be perfect for flare, but it also offers protection. Comes with the lens alone, but not in camera kits.

Re: the Sigma 18-50mm f2.8: great lens for lightweight fans. Needs an awful lot of software distortion correction but produces great photos at an astounding weight. Might be December it comes out for Fuji.

The Sigma 56mm f1.4 is a phenomenal lens for the money. Miles ahead of the Viltrox, definitely worth the extra cost.

Jul 13, 2022 at 07:05 PM
GR3Y

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sigma unveils its 16mm, 30mm and 56mm F1.4 primes for Fujifilm X-mount cameras

These seem like some great options, but I'm with the majority here, the aperture ring is just too good to give up. If only that was more common with other brands/ lens makers. give me all the buttons and dials please

Jul 27, 2022 at 04:41 PM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password