New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Elinchrom speedring shortage

tvviewer

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Elinchrom speedring shortage

Any suggestions for a third party speedring that will all me to use elinchrom softboxes on my Profoto flash heads?

I’ve got a lot of money invested in elinchrom softboxes and recently switched to Profoto (d1 and b10) flash heads.

Thanks

Feb 16, 2022 at 03:59 PM
rico
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Elinchrom speedring shortage

If you want to go the quality route then I recommend the Chimera Quick Release SR:

I have two and really should pick up another. Besides quality, the compelling reason to own them is ease of use, and safety, during setup and teardown. In stock at B&H: linky

Feb 16, 2022 at 05:30 PM
Conner999
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Elinchrom speedring shortage

You can also acquire a couple of Elinchrom-made Profoto-Elinchrom adapters. Not ideal for heavier boxes, but readily available used. We've one for sale.

OR

The Eli speeding is large vs. Profoto's, as are the light openings. A Profoto speedring with the collar lock tab removed will readily slide thru the opening of a Eli speedring. It allows for a lot of DIY mods to mount Profoto lights using Eli rings.

So, an option is to get some low-cost Profoto-compatible ring inserts and:

1 remove Profoto lock tab or entire rubber ring w/tab
2. slide them thru the center of the Eli inserts you have now from the 'inside' - out.
3. center & drill 3-4 small holes thru both
4. pop-rivet or bolt them together with some small machine screws and lock-nuts.
5. re-install Profoto lock tabs or rubber collar

We've done in past and works perfectly fine - and saves a lot of $$. If removed for sale, the 3 little holes are of no issue.

Feb 17, 2022 at 01:04 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.