New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Printed Floor Drops

Gozo1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Printed Floor Drops

I’m looking to purchase a printed floor drop for an upcoming shoot in a few weeks seeking advice from those have used them in the past. Any recommendations as to brands, material, sources, etc would be greatly appreciated. The larger ones from Denny are sold in two sections so I’d like to avoid a seam if possible. I’m looking at getting either an 8x8 or 8x10. Thanks in advance!

Feb 12, 2022 at 07:06 AM
story_teller
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Printed Floor Drops

If you want something that covers the floor and back, wouldn't you want something like a 10x20 or 8x20? You can research backgrounds over at the B&H Photo website. Search on backdrops and look at the various reviews and questions. That will give you an idea of what to buy and what to avoid. Smoothing out wrinkles is a pain, so wrinkle-resistant backdrops are great. Seamless roll paper might be another way to start. Just make sure you tape it to the floor before putting anyone on it.

What type of background you need will depend on what you want to shoot.

Feb 13, 2022 at 08:12 AM
Gozo1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Printed Floor Drops

story_teller wrote:
If you want something that covers the floor and back, wouldn't you want something like a 10x20 or 8x20? You can research backgrounds over at the B&H Photo website. Search on backdrops and look at the various reviews and questions. That will give you an idea of what to buy and what to avoid. Smoothing out wrinkles is a pain, so wrinkle-resistant backdrops are great. Seamless roll paper might be another way to start. Just make sure you tape it to the floor before putting anyone on it.

What type of background you need will depend on what you want
...Show more

I should have been more specific on the concept. I have two 4x8 flats with a dark faux stone finish and will probably build two more for a different look. The location has more than ample space and ceiling height for the set plus my lighting, but the floor is just a drab beige tile. I’m leaning to using a floor drop with a distressed concrete finish. I think the 8x10 would give me a bit more versatility in pulling the model further from the background letting it go darker. I have a variety of seamless, and will do some head and shoulders with it, but I’ve never been much of a fan of full length on seamless, hence the set and need of a drop for the floor only. Thanks for your responce.

Feb 13, 2022 at 10:38 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.