1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2022 · OM-1 Full specs leaked

arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · OM-1 Full specs leaked

George Welch wrote:
From the sound of things the new camera is not blackout free, but the slideshow effect is lessened quite a bit.

Cheers

George

I would characterize most slideshow cameras as blackout free. But obviously that doesn't make them easy to shoot like a camera that is an actual live feed (A9, A9II, A1, Z9, R3). I'm guessing the OM-1 will be most like the R5 which is blackout free at 20FPS ES but still using a slideshow as far as I could tell. I think the faster the FPS than the closer the slideshow gets to mimicking a true live feed. With the 25 and especially 50FPS modes of the OM-1 I think the shooting experience will be pretty good. The R5 was good but anytime you let off the shutter the jolt back to reality was a little jarring...just holding down and firing was okay.

Feb 27, 2022 at 09:53 AM
fadeslayer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · OM-1 Full specs leaked

arbitrage wrote:
I would characterize most slideshow cameras as blackout free. But obviously that doesn't make them easy to shoot like a camera that is an actual live feed (A9, A9II, A1, Z9, R3). I'm guessing the OM-1 will be most like the R5 which is blackout free at 20FPS ES but still using a slideshow as far as I could tell. I think the faster the FPS than the closer the slideshow gets to mimicking a true live feed. With the 25 and especially 50FPS modes of the OM-1 I think the shooting experience will be pretty good. The R5 was
...Show more

Too many different opinions from OM reps or ambassadors to have a precise idea we must wait until real tests will be released. Or real bodies will be tested here

Feb 27, 2022 at 10:41 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · OM-1 Full specs leaked

One thing I picked up from one of the reviews was the comment that the bird-eye AF now works in S-AF mode. No more needing to fire a burst of C-AF+TR frames to get one sharp image of a perching bird.

Feb 27, 2022 at 12:06 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · OM-1 Full specs leaked

Posted yesterday is part 1 of Peter Bambousek review. Part 2 is when he gets all the images sorted out with processing. Google let me change it to English.

https://www.sulasula.com/cs/olympus-omsystem-om1/

Feb 27, 2022 at 01:07 PM
George Welch
• • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · OM-1 Full specs leaked

arbitrage wrote:
I would characterize most slideshow cameras as blackout free. But obviously that doesn't make them easy to shoot like a camera that is an actual live feed (A9, A9II, A1, Z9, R3). I'm guessing the OM-1 will be most like the R5 which is blackout free at 20FPS ES but still using a slideshow as far as I could tell. I think the faster the FPS than the closer the slideshow gets to mimicking a true live feed. With the 25 and especially 50FPS modes of the OM-1 I think the shooting experience will be pretty good. The R5 was
...Show more

Geoff,

I’ve only shot the Sony’s, which are a dream.

The new camera looks promising enough that I put in a late preorder. Just have to re-acquire a 300 f/4 to go with it.

Great changes happening in the industry.

George

Feb 27, 2022 at 02:13 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · OM-1 Full specs leaked

Another review for the OM-1. Google translate can help for English.

http://www.fotolovy.cz/page-3/index.html?_x_tr_sch=http

Feb 27, 2022 at 03:31 PM
fadeslayer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · OM-1 Full specs leaked

PV Hiker wrote:
Posted yesterday is part 1 of Peter Bambousek review. Part 2 is when he gets all the images sorted out with processing. Google let me change it to English.

https://www.sulasula.com/cs/olympus-omsystem-om1/

It's online since a few days. Still, we don't really know how blackout free mode is implemented in OM-1. Anyway, it's impossible it would work worse than E-M1X

Feb 27, 2022 at 03:39 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · OM-1 Full specs leaked

My apologies if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it on the various OM-1 threads I checked...

Mar 01, 2022 at 06:14 PM
PV Hiker
• • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · OM-1 Full specs leaked

Thanks Molson for the short clip. I had not seen this one yet.

Looking forward to using AI Tracking in S-AF mode for static portraits.

Mar 01, 2022 at 06:38 PM
       end

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.