Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2022 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Abuttolph
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

There are a few refurbished ones on eBay being sold by National Camera Exchange. I just bought one. Right now, they have three more. Hopefully this link will work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/394049880179?epid=10050731164&hash=item5bbf340073:gVEAAOSwVGZiapgk

Apr 28, 2022 at 09:10 AM
A. Winslow
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Wow, The 5 of them sold quickly and I missed out. Actually called them also and they are all sold.

Apr 28, 2022 at 10:41 AM
Abuttolph
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

A. Winslow wrote:
Wow, The 5 of them sold quickly and I missed out. Actually called them also and they are all sold.

Yes, they did sell out very quickly. Sorry that you missed out. I wonder if they will be getting another group of refurbished lenses in. Might be worthwhile to call them back and see.

I was fortunate to catch these after only one had been sold.

Apr 28, 2022 at 11:08 AM
A. Winslow
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

I did ask to put me on a list if more come in but they don't do lists anymore.
They did it at one time but it had created problems.
It's good to see there are ones getting released.
I've been on the B&H list since it was released with no luck.
Glad you were able to get one!

Apr 28, 2022 at 12:20 PM
Aloicious
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

There's one in the B&S forum here, but looks like they're looking for a local sale in MD or PA.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1754271

May 01, 2022 at 06:24 PM
davidnumrich
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

I put in an order at B&H and waited over 2 months with no movement. Ultimately managed to buy one from a FM member and I love it.

May 01, 2022 at 09:54 PM
Teddy Bozeman

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Thanks for this thread everyone; I'm also trying to find one of these gems to replace my 24-105. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

May 02, 2022 at 12:55 AM
Neurad1
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Abuttolph wrote:
There are a few refurbished ones on eBay being sold by National Camera Exchange. I just bought one. Right now, they have three more. Hopefully this link will work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/394049880179?epid=10050731164&hash=item5bbf340073:gVEAAOSwVGZiapgk

Kind of interesting that there are already refurbs of this lens. I wonder if there is a "common defect".

May 02, 2022 at 07:43 AM
Abuttolph
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Neurad1 wrote:
Kind of interesting that there are already refurbs of this lens. I wonder if there is a "common defect".

No idea. I would guess that every lens model has some percentage of less than perfect products. Hopefully, whatever the issue, it was taken care of by Tamron and these refurbs are ok. They do come with a warranty from Tamron (I don't remember the length offhand), but it is not as long as the 6-year warranty that Tamron provides if purchased new.

May 02, 2022 at 10:05 AM
Aloicious
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Neurad1 wrote:

Not sure how Tamron runs things, but for some manufacturers, they pull random products off the line to do quality tests on, and since they're technically "used" during the quality testing, they can't be sold as "new" so they're then sold as "refurbished". These occasional refurbs we're seeing may just be the QC test units.

May 02, 2022 at 10:20 AM
ruthenium
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Neurad1 wrote:

I wonder what happens to the "decentered" returned lenses? Do they go through some testing at Tamron and end up as refurbished?

May 02, 2022 at 10:24 AM
Immortal
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

ruthenium wrote:
I wonder what happens to the "decentered" returned lenses? Do they go through some testing at Tamron and end up as refurbished?

That would make the most sense imo. They just fix them and resell as refubs.

May 02, 2022 at 10:39 AM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Teddy Bozeman wrote:
Thanks for this thread everyone; I'm also trying to find one of these gems to replace my 24-105. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

call Competitive Camera in TX. They have one in stock now. They don't have eCommerce set up yet so can't order online. CALL in.

May 02, 2022 at 10:18 PM
Teddy Bozeman

p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Alex Phan wrote:
call Competitive Camera in TX. They have one in stock now. They don't have eCommerce set up yet so can't order online. CALL in.

Thanks! Will give a try tomorrow to see if it's still there.

May 02, 2022 at 10:25 PM
Teddy Bozeman

p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Thanks for the tip! Managed to snag one. If anyone else is looking for one, they said they had a few more!

Alex Phan wrote:

May 03, 2022 at 12:31 PM
Elusivesouls
• •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Anyone that is in the market for one, I just got a notification that Kenmore Cameras has them in stock.

Never purchased from them myself, but the google reviews look good.

May 04, 2022 at 05:52 PM
Teddy Bozeman

p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Yeah I'm kind of bummed I didn't get this email earlier; Competitive Cameras only lets you call in to order and basically wouldn't let me upgrade to faster shipping, pushing me with "it'll be there before the end of the week", only to find out it'll be Monday. ☹️

Elusivesouls wrote:
Anyone that is in the market for one, I just got a notification that Kenmore Cameras has them in stock.

Never purchased from them myself, but the google reviews look good.

May 04, 2022 at 06:35 PM
Elusivesouls
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Teddy Bozeman wrote:
Yeah I'm kind of bummed I didn't get this email earlier; Competitive Cameras only lets you call in to order and basically wouldn't let me upgrade to faster shipping, pushing me with "it'll be there before the end of the week", only to find out it'll be Monday. ☹️

Yeahhh that weekend wait is no fun. At least it's on the way. It'll be Monday before you know it.

May 04, 2022 at 08:51 PM
Teddy Bozeman

p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

True, though I'm also a little concerned what happens if I get a bad lens and dealing with this company; I've never bought from them before.

Elusivesouls wrote:
Yeahhh that weekend wait is no fun. At least it's on the way. It'll be Monday before you know it.

May 04, 2022 at 08:53 PM
RobertVP

p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Tamron 35-150 in stock anywhere?

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered the last one today. A couple of days ago I decided to pick one up for a trip to Europe in June. Couldn't find one anywhere until I saw your post.

Alex Phan wrote:

May 06, 2022 at 06:51 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.