Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       4       end
  

Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?

  
 
neoshazam
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


It appears that Godox is entering the Parabolic reflector market.

http://www.godox.com/EN/Products_Parabolic_Light_Focusing_System.html

It looks pretty good from the brochure (24 sides, quick set-up, diagrams showing shape,etc).
Excited to see/hear others thoughts.

As someone that needs to use his Parabolix 40" more and is daydreaming of a Broncolor Para 133 these might hit the spot.



Nov 30, 2021 at 03:41 PM
mark1958
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


I saw these as well and wonder (perhaps being naive) how much of an advantage this is to say using a parabolic umbrella and adjusting its distance from a more classic strobe?


Nov 30, 2021 at 04:31 PM
wittyphrase
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


Interesting. I was not at all impressed with the one Godox modifier I tried and actually returned it. So while Iíd be interested in something like the 88 I would definitely need to wait until someone else weighs in on build quality to see if the price is worth it over that of the Glow Profond current budget option. $1400 seems like a steep mistake to make.


Dec 01, 2021 at 06:59 AM
Gozo1
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


Thanks for that link. Iíve been kicking around the idea of picking up an AD600pro with the remote head for my Para 133 for location work. The Siros L is a bit heavy, especially in the defocused position, for my comfort. Now that thereís a Broncolor-like cage mount, assuming itís compatible with the 133 focusing rod, that may push me to pull the trigger. I just hope they finally got it together with their batteries.


Dec 01, 2021 at 07:42 AM
jlafferty
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


Theyíve ďhad it togetherĒ with their batteries. Just donít keep batteries attached to your strobes and then not shoot with them for months at a stretch and you should be fine. I have 6 currently, and have had 9 total Godox lights, including two 600Pros, no battery issues. My method is to top them off before I store them, and in shooting with them a few times/month.


Dec 01, 2021 at 08:46 AM
neoshazam
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


Gozo1 wrote:
Thanks for that link. Iíve been kicking around the idea of picking up an AD600pro with the remote head for my Para 133 for location work. The Siros L is a bit heavy, especially in the defocused position, for my comfort. Now that thereís a Broncolor-like cage mount, assuming itís compatible with the 133 focusing rod, that may push me to pull the trigger. I just hope they finally got it together with their batteries.


I'd be shocked if the mounts aren't compatible because it looks like they're mounting to a mostly standard 5/8".
If those fit, at the very least they might be able to make a lot of sales of those adapters



Dec 01, 2021 at 08:10 PM
Gozo1
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


neoshazam wrote:
I'd be shocked if the mounts aren't compatible because it looks like they're mounting to a mostly standard 5/8".
If those fit, at the very least they might be able to make a lot of sales of those adapters


I think youíre right about that. I got my para 133 on sale last year but still had to fork out over $300 for the mount. I might have gone with the Godox mount had it been available. Theirs will probably sell for $50-75.



Dec 01, 2021 at 10:10 PM
neoshazam
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


Gozo1 wrote:
I think youíre right about that. I got my para 133 on sale last year but still had to fork out over $300 for the mount. I might have gone with the Godox mount had it been available. Theirs will probably sell for $50-75.


Individually at the big 2 online stores it looks like:

- $129 for Broncolor or Profoto mount
- $79 for Bowens mount
- $55 for Godox mount


Showing expected availability at 3-4 months so unfortunately looks like it's gonna be awhile before these get some real world feedback.



Dec 02, 2021 at 12:55 PM
Gozo1
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


$129 is probably what I *should* have paid for the Broncolor mount, but hey, I love their stuff. My only other concern about picking up the Godox unit is wether or not the plug on the remote head will fit through the velcro cable slit in the para.


Dec 02, 2021 at 08:03 PM
GabrielPhoto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


I contacted Godox about the new Parabolic ones to see if I could get them for a test I will be doing with the Para 133 (collaboration with B&H) vs my Parabolix 45 and Profond 47.
Hopefully they can get me one for that.



Dec 02, 2021 at 11:54 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

MazeRunner
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


Tip: the Parabolix universal mount will work with the para focusing tubes at half the price of the Broncolor one.

https://www.parabolixlight.com/product-page/universal-monolight-adapter

I use the AD600Pro/AD400Pro with extension head and M-Color mode (for color consistency) with my paras. My B10s are a bit heavy and have the recessed tubes, and my older Elinchrom Rangers are too heavy.

Am debating whether to just get a Siros 400L unit or maybe move up to the Godox AD1200Pro unit, or find a head-and-battery pack that pumps out a crazy amount of LED power.



Dec 03, 2021 at 04:05 AM
Gozo1
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


MazeRunner wrote:
Tip: the Parabolix universal mount will work with the para focusing tubes at half the price of the Broncolor one.

https://www.parabolixlight.com/product-page/universal-monolight-adapter

I use the AD600Pro/AD400Pro with extension head and M-Color mode (for color consistency) with my paras. My B10s are a bit heavy and have the recessed tubes, and my older Elinchrom Rangers are too heavy.

Am debating whether to just get a Siros 400L unit or maybe move up to the Godox AD1200Pro unit, or find a head-and-battery pack that pumps out a crazy amount of LED power.


I've seen the Parabolix mount as well and thought that's what I would use until this latest mount from Godox. Can you confirm that your AD600Pro extension head is able to go through the cable slit in your Para or do you have to snake it around? Thanks in advance for letting me know. The Siros 400L is about the same weight as my 800S AC power units. Still heavy in my opinion
working outside without having someone to babysit it. I would like to eventually get a Broncolor Move pack, but hard to justify given the amount I would use it outside.



Dec 03, 2021 at 06:44 AM
GabrielPhoto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


MazeRunner wrote:
Tip: the Parabolix universal mount will work with the para focusing tubes at half the price of the Broncolor one.

https://www.parabolixlight.com/product-page/universal-monolight-adapter

I use the AD600Pro/AD400Pro with extension head and M-Color mode (for color consistency) with my paras. My B10s are a bit heavy and have the recessed tubes, and my older Elinchrom Rangers are too heavy.

Am debating whether to just get a Siros 400L unit or maybe move up to the Godox AD1200Pro unit, or find a head-and-battery pack that pumps out a crazy amount of LED power.


Yes indeed that is what I did testing the PAra 133 at a local store.



Dec 03, 2021 at 01:27 PM
neoshazam
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


GabrielPhoto wrote:
I contacted Godox about the new Parabolic ones to see if I could get them for a test I will be doing with the Para 133 (collaboration with B&H) vs my Parabolix 45 and Profond 47.
Hopefully they can get me one for that.


Awesome !

Gozo1 wrote:
I've seen the Parabolix mount as well and thought that's what I would use until this latest mount from Godox. Can you confirm that your AD600Pro extension head is able to go through the cable slit in your Para or do you have to snake it around? Thanks in advance for letting me know. The Siros 400L is about the same weight as my 800S AC power units. Still heavy in my opinion
working outside without having someone to babysit it. I would like to eventually get a Broncolor Move pack, but hard to justify given the amount I would use
...Show more

I think the extension and the slit will work fine. It just might take a little bit more time than normal and potentially have to push one lip the opposite direction of another; I have the Parabolix 40" and the Xplor 1200 extension head with the 2 plugs and what looks like a splitter and that takes some time but fits through.



Dec 03, 2021 at 01:31 PM
MazeRunner
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


Gozo1 wrote:
I've seen the Parabolix mount as well and thought that's what I would use until this latest mount from Godox. Can you confirm that your AD600Pro extension head is able to go through the cable slit in your Para or do you have to snake it around? Thanks in advance for letting me know. The Siros 400L is about the same weight as my 800S AC power units. Still heavy in my opinion
working outside without having someone to babysit it. I would like to eventually get a Broncolor Move pack, but hard to justify given the amount I would use
...Show more

If you're asking about my paras, the Broncolor 133HR (heat resistant for higher-power lights + LEDs) doesn't have an opening for you to slide a cable through. The para 88 does, but it's pretty small. I was able to get an AD400 Pro head adapter in it, and might manage the AD600Pro also, but I don't bother because it's more work.

Photos of the para88's opening relative to AD400Pro head adapter attached. Link to walk-around of the para133HR (no opening): https://www.dropbox.com/s/12kum1rcnq72wp3/Para133HR_NoOpening.mov?dl=0












Dec 03, 2021 at 03:06 PM
hiepphotog
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


neoshazam wrote:
It appears that Godox is entering the Parabolic reflector market.

http://www.godox.com/EN/Products_Parabolic_Light_Focusing_System.html

It looks pretty good from the brochure (24 sides, quick set-up, diagrams showing shape,etc).
Excited to see/hear others thoughts.

As someone that needs to use his Parabolix 40" more and is daydreaming of a Broncolor Para 133 these might hit the spot.


None of the videos so far shows a good defocused black core like the Broncolor Para or the Parabolix, even the godox demo video of the focusing action. The Broncolor is still better in term of setting up (huge pain on the Parabolix, even with the new mount). I'm interested nonetheless. I have been wanting to get the Parabolix 55.



Dec 03, 2021 at 10:41 PM
Gozo1
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


MazeRunner, Thank you so much!! Mine is the standard Para 133, not the HR model. Not a deal breaker on the cable slit, I just thought it would be nice to know. Iím on the notification list when the Godox mount is available and will order the AD600pro and extension head when itís in stock. Again, thanks for your input!


Dec 03, 2021 at 10:41 PM
hiepphotog
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


wittyphrase wrote:
Interesting. I was not at all impressed with the one Godox modifier I tried and actually returned it. So while Iíd be interested in something like the 88 I would definitely need to wait until someone else weighs in on build quality to see if the price is worth it over that of the Glow Profond current budget option. $1400 seems like a steep mistake to make.


Can the profond achieve a black core when defocused? I'm also curious about this option. I tested the Grand Box 35" and it couldn't.



Dec 03, 2021 at 10:44 PM
GabrielPhoto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


It cannot. I have the 35 with a third party at and the 47". The 70" kind of give a little off the ring light effect but it never gets really dark no matter where I placed the arm.
It doesn't really give the look I get from the Parabolix 45 hence why I sold it.

hiepphotog wrote:
Can the profond achieve a black core when defocused? I'm also curious about this option. I tested the Grand Box 35" and it couldn't.




Dec 09, 2021 at 01:18 AM
hiepphotog
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Godox Parabolic Reflectors ?


I'm looking forward to your comparison between the Parabolix and the Para. Not sure how long it would take for the new Godox to show up in the US, but it would be awesome to be included there as well.


Dec 12, 2021 at 10:42 PM
1
       2       3       4       end






FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       4       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password