DXO vs Topaz Denoise

DaveFP
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · DXO vs Topaz Denoise

AlexLF wrote:

If this pic doesn't convince you to use DxO, then ... ask your wife

https://pub.ilce1.com/sasha-4.jpg

(meanwhile, I should've not used 40mm/2.5 for this kind of portraiture... when does the COVID end and I get my lenses? :/ )

This picture convinces me of a number of things but none that I would share with my wife....

Dec 03, 2021 at 04:58 PM
Ayoul
• •
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · DXO vs Topaz Denoise

DaveFP wrote:
Aha ! That's a distinction worth noting as I like to be able to use my profiles.

At everyone's suggestion I bought Photolab5 but have yet to play with it. Does this hold true for it too? Thanks.

For the last time (or probably not the last) : Yes, you can use your favorite color profiles in C1 or LR on a DNG exported from DPL5.

I think that I'm going to write a review about Photolab in the next weeks. It doesn't seem to be well known and understood here.

Dec 03, 2021 at 06:13 PM
DaveFP
• • • •
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · DXO vs Topaz Denoise

Ayoul wrote:
For the last time (or probably not the last) : Yes, you can use your favorite color profiles in C1 or LR on a DNG exported from DPL5.

I think that I'm going to write a review about Photolab in the next weeks. It doesn't seem to be well known and understood here.

Thanks. DXO-land is new to me so I am happy to learn any tricks regarding its use both as a stand-alone and in conjunction with LR.

Please give us a "heads-up" if you post it to the processing forum.

Dec 03, 2021 at 06:45 PM
kimmeisinger

Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · DXO vs Topaz Denoise

Ayoul wrote:

Yes, please share your review and thanks in advance! I prefer DPR over LR and Topaz. However, PR will not function as a plugin as PL5 will. This was not clear to me and I am now looking at purchasing PL5. This capability is important to me as I use LR cataloging system. Perhaps you could include this in your review.

Dec 26, 2021 at 11:45 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lleuallen
• •
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · DXO vs Topaz Denoise

They leapfrog each other with each update. This month Dxo is a little better, next month Denoise inches ahead. This is good, competition spurs advancement.

This month Denoise is slightly ahead based on speed and ease of batch processing. Denoise requires the use of the LR plugin OpenDirecty to send a batch of raw files to Denoise which must be open for the transfer. Using raw files for both.

The final quality is about the same. Sometime one program will have bad artifacts and the other none but on another file it may be reversed.

Dec 26, 2021 at 01:16 PM
Andrew_WOT1

p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · DXO vs Topaz Denoise

DXO DeepPrime is great but does not give you a lot of options and not available as separate plugin/tool so you need to buy somewhat inferior in everything else DXO Photolab suite, new Topaz Denoise RAW model is pretty good except it loses lens correction profile after processing.

Dec 28, 2021 at 06:48 PM
Ayoul
• •
p.7 #7 · p.7 #7 · DXO vs Topaz Denoise

My DPL5 review is out on the post processing section

Here

Dec 29, 2021 at 04:39 PM
Andrew_WOT1

p.7 #8 · p.7 #8 · DXO vs Topaz Denoise

Thanks, will give it a read, I've just finished month long evaluation DXO Photolab 5 and Capture One 21/22.
Really liked DXO at first as it automates a lot of things, but pretty quickly ran into limitations, my biggest gripe. as perhaps everyone's else using it, is completely botchered Selective Tone adjustment that pulls midtones when you adjust shadows or highlights making image flat.
C1 High Dynamic Range adjustment is just so much superior. Considering that this as one of the most used for me adjustments, it was a no-brainer, but if they ever fix it, I'll definitely reconsider, their DeepPrime denoise is a killer, not to mention that it's cheaper.

Dec 29, 2021 at 05:42 PM
1       2       3              6      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password