FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              10      
       12       end

Black Friday Deals Thread

macfrank
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #1 · p.11 #1 · Black Friday Deals Thread

You will be fine getting this faster drive.

naturephoto1 wrote:
Would I have any issue using this faster Pro version which is the faster of these drives as an external drive with my older Laptop and with the SATA type 2TB Crucial drive that I am going to have in one of these units?:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1481554-REG/nexto_di_nps_10_cfast_portable_all_in_1.html

I was going to get the slower version of this drive because my computer and the internal drive Crucial Drive (I also have one in my laptop are the older slower drives):

https://www.crucial.com/ssd/mx500/ct2000mx500ssd1

This drive would cost me less than the slower SanDisk Drive:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HN37XC1/?coliid=I2HRBUBJ0432YE&colid=1FWHV6EZ0GE5U&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

The SanDisk drive that you have linked to however would better prepare me for when
...Show more

Nov 29, 2021 at 05:18 PM
KINGOFKNGS
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #2 · p.11 #2 · Black Friday Deals Thread

I looked on the website through Rakuten but couldn’t find these discounts.

Tony5787 wrote:
Just a heads up, seems like Canon had a huge restock. The R3, 600 RF, and 100-500 are all in stock at the moment with 15% cash back if you order with Rakuten.

Nov 29, 2021 at 05:28 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.11 #3 · p.11 #3 · Black Friday Deals Thread

I just put the Sandisk in my cart at BH and its 200 bucks

Nov 29, 2021 at 05:32 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • •
p.11 #4 · p.11 #4 · Black Friday Deals Thread

amv8 wrote:
Here's the lowest price I've seen on this Sandisk Extreme V2 2TB External SSD, net price is $189 after coupon. I recall I paid $229 last year on BFCM.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1595432-REG/sandisk_sdssde61_2t00_g25_2tb_extreme_portable_ssd.html

I've had good luck keeping my recent couple years of images and LR Classic catalog on an external SSD so I can switch back and forth between desktop and laptop.

Thanks. I took advantage and ordered one as my External Drive to use with the NEXTO DI NPS-10 Nexto Photo Storage that I am going to use for storing my photos when I travel to Italy.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1481554-REG/nexto_di_nps_10_cfast_portable_all_in_1.html

So I am waiting for the Crucial internal drive which will arrive after the SanDisk Drive. But, I wiil order the NEXTO DI NPS-10 Nexto Photo Storage closer to our departure date.

Rich

GMPhotography wrote:

Hi Guy,

I just bought one. When I put it into my cart it was $449.99 minus $265 plus $11.10 PA Sales Tax for a total of $196.09 including the tax.

Rich

Nov 29, 2021 at 06:11 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.11 #5 · p.11 #5 · Black Friday Deals Thread

GMPhotography wrote:

---------------------------------------------

naturephoto1 wrote:
Thanks. I took advantage and ordered one as my External Drive to use with the NEXTO DI NPS-10 Nexto Photo Storage that I am going to use for storing my photos when I travel to Italy.

So I am waiting for the Crucial internal drive which will arrive after the SanDisk Drive. But, I wiil order the NEXTO DI NPS-10 Nexto Photo Storage closer to our departure date.

Rich

Hi Guy,

I just bought one. When I put it into my cart it was $449.99 minus $265 plus $11.10 PA Sales Tax for a total of $196.09 including the tax.

Rich

I've been using these tiny Sandisk, IP55 dust and water resistance SSD external drives for years and they just keep getting faster and cheaper. Do not skimp on capacity! 2TB minimum at these prices. And do use included USBC cables for the really fast transfer speeds.

Great for:

-Travel back up with your cameras and laptop. I also use with my iPad Pro for travel drag and drop photo backups. *IP55 dust and water resistance and I typically store my daily LR catalogs on these external SSDs too
-Desktop full system back up. I set these up with easy-peasy macOS Time Capsule full system backups for my MacBook and iMac. So easy to set and forget it or just do a monthly or quarterly full system back up just in case. I can't count the number of times this has saved my beehee and all my photos thanks to Murphy's Law.

Super Duper device recommendation from me after years of long distance travel and desktop office use.

Nov 29, 2021 at 06:45 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.11 #6 · p.11 #6 · Black Friday Deals Thread

Agree and under 200 is a steal. Heck i may order another

Nov 29, 2021 at 06:55 PM
PrimeTime21

p.11 #7 · p.11 #7 · Black Friday Deals Thread

fsiagian wrote:
Adorama has sigma 45mm 2.8 E mount for $299 on 11/24
https://www.adorama.com/sg4528soe.html

BTW, this deal is still live. Super tempted to spring for it.

Nov 29, 2021 at 06:59 PM
Picture This!
• • • •
p.11 #8 · p.11 #8 · Black Friday Deals Thread

The sandisk ssds have been super useful and reliable. I just ordered another one, thanks folks for the pointer.

Also snagged a ad300 for $300. CyberMonday deal and a small employee discount brought it to $300 out the door. Awesome deal !

Nov 29, 2021 at 07:00 PM
mdvaden
• • •
p.11 #9 · p.11 #9 · Black Friday Deals Thread

RKnecht wrote:
I was going to buy a Flashpoint Xplor 600 Pro package from Adorama for $819 last Thursday, but never pulled the trigger. Checked on Black Friday morning and the same package was $719! I couldn't pass it up.

Not needing pro features, we got TWO of the XPLOR 600 HSS with free Glow EZ softboxes for $698.00

But yes, a few prices kept dropping.

Nov 29, 2021 at 07:02 PM
kipnieu

p.11 #10 · p.11 #10 · Black Friday Deals Thread

PrimeTime21 wrote:
BTW, this deal is still live. Super tempted to spring for it.

Thanks for re alerting me to this.. something strange I just figured out was when logged into my Adorama EDU account, it gives me the edu discount which is 499 for the lens, but once I log out it gives me this deal for $299.

Nov 29, 2021 at 08:15 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

EdwardDye
• • •
p.11 #11 · p.11 #11 · Black Friday Deals Thread

Thank you for the deal, just bought one, I had great experience with an older 1TB version so perfect time and price for me to upgrade

amv8 wrote:
Here's the lowest price I've seen on this Sandisk Extreme V2 2TB External SSD, net price is $189 after coupon. I recall I paid $229 last year on BFCM.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1595432-REG/sandisk_sdssde61_2t00_g25_2tb_extreme_portable_ssd.html

I've had good luck keeping my recent couple years of images and LR Classic catalog on an external SSD so I can switch back and forth between desktop and laptop.

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:05 PM
amv8
• •
p.11 #12 · p.11 #12 · Black Friday Deals Thread

EdwardDye wrote:
Thank you for the deal, just bought one, I had great experience with an older 1TB version so perfect time and price for me to upgrade

They're so small too. At this price, they would make great stocking stuffers for your photog friends! I was originally thinking of buying the 4TB and although well priced at $449, not quite as good a deal as the 2TB. These drives are good for system image backups too.

I think earlier in the thread, someone asked about the "Pro" version of this drive. It's faster, but only if you have a USB 3.2 2x2 interface which is not widely deployed (and I don't think Mac supports it currently). I'm using the Samsung X5 2TB which has a Thunderbolt 3 interface for my LR catalog and recent images. It's very fast, but B&H says the 2TB version is discontinued...

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:44 PM
liggy
• • •
p.11 #13 · p.11 #13 · Black Friday Deals Thread

Grrr… the 2TB is sold out.

Nov 29, 2021 at 11:12 PM
GabrielPhoto
• • • •
p.11 #14 · p.11 #14 · Black Friday Deals Thread

Guys just in case a couple of less known deals going on.
My favorite CPLs are on sale:
https://formatt-hitechusa.com/products/firecrest-superslim-circular-polarizer?variant=31876990468205

And also Mola is actually running a 15% off on their Beauty Dishes which I love! I dont think those go on sale often so here is your chance: Coupon code is Mola15off
https://www.mola-light.com/product-category/softlights/

Nov 30, 2021 at 10:26 AM
wittyphrase
• •
p.11 #15 · p.11 #15 · Black Friday Deals Thread

GabrielPhoto wrote:
Guys just in case a couple of less known deals going on.
My favorite CPLs are on sale:
https://formatt-hitechusa.com/products/firecrest-superslim-circular-polarizer?variant=31876990468205

And also Mola is actually running a 15% off on their Beauty Dishes which I love! I dont think those go on sale often so here is your chance: Coupon code is Mola15off
https://www.mola-light.com/product-category/softlights/

Really wish you hadn’t posted this. I’ve always wanted a Demi and don’t think I’ve ever seen a sale on one. Found it hard to justify the price of these, but a coupon code is giving me all the justification I need to explain this sudden appearance of another piece of equipment in the basement…

“IT WAS ON SALE!!!”

Nov 30, 2021 at 03:00 PM
GabrielPhoto
• • • •
p.11 #16 · p.11 #16 · Black Friday Deals Thread

wittyphrase wrote:
Really wish you hadn’t posted this. I’ve always wanted a Demi and don’t think I’ve ever seen a sale on one. Found it hard to justify the price of these, but a coupon code is giving me all the justification I need to explain this sudden appearance of another piece of equipment in the basement…

“IT WAS ON SALE!!!”

hahaha sorry but yeah, I dont recall ever seen them on Sale so we better take advantage of it! Sadly the Mantti is not in stock which is the one I am dying to try.
I got the Demi, Setti, Sollo and Rayo right now and love what I get from them. Then again there is the Euro one missing on my collection too...
I like your justification for sure ...hope my wife likes it as well

Nov 30, 2021 at 03:09 PM
wittyphrase
• •
p.11 #17 · p.11 #17 · Black Friday Deals Thread

Since you’ve got quite the collection…any preference in Demi vs Setti? Or their silver vs white? I’m thinking a white Demi…but as evidenced by this thread I’m pretty malleable.

GabrielPhoto wrote:
hahaha sorry but yeah, I dont recall ever seen them on Sale so we better take advantage of it! Sadly the Mantti is not in stock which is the one I am dying to try.
I got the Demi, Setti, Sollo and Rayo right now and love what I get from them. Then again there is the Euro one missing on my collection too...
I like your justification for sure ...hope my wife likes it as well

Nov 30, 2021 at 03:35 PM
GabrielPhoto
• • • •
p.11 #18 · p.11 #18 · Black Friday Deals Thread

wittyphrase wrote:
Since you’ve got quite the collection…any preference in Demi vs Setti? Or their silver vs white? I’m thinking a white Demi…but as evidenced by this thread I’m pretty malleable.

As you can tell, I have a hard time picking a favorite thus why I kept so many lol
The thing is they all have their look so I normally use the Demi either for more dramatic control lighting (even more with the grid) or for extra punch on the face of the subject while using a bigger one for the rest of the body for example.
Between the Sollo and Setti, the Sollo gives a more contrasty image (and colder) which I seem to be enjoying more lately than before. The Setti is still punchy but not as much so maybe it is a wiser choice for MOST people as it will be more flattering IMO.

This one was with the Setti, for example.

This one was with the demi.

Nov 30, 2021 at 03:41 PM
dhcofc
• •
p.11 #19 · p.11 #19 · Black Friday Deals Thread

This thread has cost me some money! I would love to keep a thread like this one (or even this one) updated throughout the year with deals. It would be great to have them in one thread!

Nov 30, 2021 at 09:18 PM
GabrielPhoto
• • • •
p.11 #20 · p.11 #20 · Black Friday Deals Thread

dhcofc wrote:
This thread has cost me some money! I would love to keep a thread like this one (or even this one) updated throughout the year with deals. It would be great to have them in one thread!

I like that idea!

Nov 30, 2021 at 09:46 PM
       12       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

12       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password