New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2021 · Flashpoint R2 PRO Transmitter

showtm490

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flashpoint R2 PRO Transmitter

I'm on my third Flashpoint R2 Pro II transmitter for Sony. The first two were the screw on hotshoe mount. The first one broke between the screw part and the screen. The second that was replaced under warranty, my camera didn't recognize. Now the third one has the twist and click mount. It worked great at first but now as you can see in the video it wobbles losing connection. Adorama is replacing it under warranty also but do any others that use these transmitters have this issue?

https://youtu.be/V6l0k1qATTs

Nov 13, 2021 at 01:39 PM
jlafferty
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flashpoint R2 PRO Transmitter

I use the older model, and haven’t had any real issues to speak of. Keep thinking I’ll buy a backup but just haven’t yet. I’ve had it for maybe 5 years no probs.

Nov 13, 2021 at 02:18 PM
showtm490

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Flashpoint R2 PRO Transmitter

I sold my older model with my AD200 and hated I didn't keep it as a bakup.

Nov 13, 2021 at 05:03 PM
wittyphrase
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Flashpoint R2 PRO Transmitter

I have the original Pro trigger from whenever it launched for Sony and the Mark II as well. Use the old one as a backup or to trigger the lights when I’m metering. Besides the battery doors being basically cosmetic, no issues.

Not denying you’re having your own issues, just can’t say I’ve had any problems with mine.

Nov 14, 2021 at 07:59 PM
dienliv
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Flashpoint R2 PRO Transmitter

I had the Mark ii for both Sony and Nikon and experienced connection loss issues. I briefly read that other Nikon users were experiencing connection issues without a conclusive answer. I went back to the Mark i and everything has been fine since.

Nov 16, 2021 at 12:44 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.