Silver
Black
Either

Which color X-T3 or X-T4

bobby350z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Personally buy what color looks better to you. Forget all the attention crxx IMHO. And if worried about theft etc, have it insured.

Nov 12, 2021 at 12:31 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

bobby350z wrote:
Personally buy what color looks better to you. Forget all the attention crxx IMHO. And if worried about theft etc, have it insured.

Agree. Black or black and silver bodies, it is basically a wash — aesthetically and every other way. Just get whichever you think you like the best. If you can't decide, a coin flip will work!

Nov 12, 2021 at 01:11 PM
Makten
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

bobby350z wrote:

Unfortunately, all places on earth are not equally safe. Just because your camera is insured, you don't want to be stabbed or having a gun pointing at you.

Nov 12, 2021 at 03:29 PM
bobby350z
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Makten wrote:
Unfortunately, all places on earth are not equally safe. Just because your camera is insured, you don't want to be stabbed or having a gun pointing at you.

Give the camera and walk away. Do you really think black vs silver matter in that case you get robbed.

Nov 12, 2021 at 04:21 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Makten wrote:

I have my doubts that having a silver or black camera is going to be the difference between getting robbed of it or not...

Nov 12, 2021 at 05:23 PM
Makten
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

bobby350z wrote:
Give the camera and walk away. Do you really think black vs silver matter in that case you get robbed.

If it means the camera is easily visible or not from a bit of distance, of course it matters.

Nov 12, 2021 at 05:37 PM
darwinphoto
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

AndrewNYC wrote:
As someone who tracks and watches the sales data pretty closely, silver isn't as popular.

I asked my local camera shop which sells better, silver or black. Sales-dude said black. Despite my initial draw to silver for the retro / vintage appeal, as one who tends to buy & sell gear, I'm thinking black. Because the next person will want black.

Nov 13, 2021 at 11:31 AM
tgrantster
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

I had a black X-T1 and a silver X-T3. Like another poster above said...if an X-T5 comes out and is worth upgrading to...it will be silver so my wife doesn't notice. ...she noticed when I got the X-T3... and no words can strike fear into a photographers heart like their spouse saying "Is that a new camera?"

...I've had the same computer case for about 8 years...even though the insides have changed multiple times... for that exact same reason.

Nov 15, 2021 at 02:58 PM
nburwell
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

I have a black X-T4, but silver X-E4. I prefer black, but figured I would switch it up when bought the silver X-E4 from a fellow FM member.

Whenever I upgrade from my X-T4, I'll probably stick with black to keep it consistent.

Nov 18, 2021 at 09:22 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

surfoxy

p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

hectorvs wrote:
You're kinda right, but I also think that from a security perspective, silver is a better choice.

To a layman, the silver camera really looks like an old film camera at a glance. This is an advantage if you're concerned about theft.

A black modern mirrorless camera is more enticing than an old film looking one.

Unless your thief is a hipster. A real danger here in the Bay Area!

Nov 18, 2021 at 10:16 AM
starcade_design

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

I generally like the silver when it looks like an old film SLR. Black still looks fine...but silver has more of a retro aesthetic. But I know some who say black is the choice of pros. I'll never be confused with a pro though. That said...it usually winds up being whatever I find a better deal/condition on.

Nov 20, 2021 at 04:05 PM
check101

p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Just picked up a silver X-T3 and love it, the styling is rad throwback, have had several non-camera people think it's a retro K1000 or something

Jul 01, 2022 at 10:16 AM
check101

p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Just picked up a silver X-T3 and love it, the styling is rad throwback, have had several non-camera people think it's a retro K1000 or something

Jul 01, 2022 at 10:16 AM
agvogel
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

I originally bought a silver T3, then I got a T2 as a backup and I got that in black so it was easy to distinguish between the two. My T3 is now a brick, so I just have a black camera.

Jul 01, 2022 at 10:20 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

darwinphoto wrote:
So which color do you choose for the X-T3 / X-T4?

Would your choice change if you were concerned with resale value? (i.e. you like silver but think black sells easier)?

I wanted silver. Ended up with black. But now I'm thinking maybe I prefer black. Sigh.

When you find yourself on the fence about something like this, it might indicate that it really doesn't much matter! :-)

(I kind of like them both, and I doubt if the choice will affect resale value in any predictable and/or significant way.)

surfoxy wrote:
Unless your thief is a hipster. A real danger here in the Bay Area!

"Hipster" thieves?That's a new one. A so-called "hipster" — a term that was contemporary maybe five years ago? — is perhaps more likely to be the victim than the perpetrator.

(I've lived in the Bay Area my whole life — long enough to barely remember beats, to have experienced the hippie era, and more. ;-) )

Dan

Jul 01, 2022 at 11:49 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

I would definitely go for black - the cheap silver paint on the newer Fujis scratches too easily and the camera starts to look pretty beat up fairly quickly.

Jul 04, 2022 at 12:13 PM
genjy
• •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Black cameras tend have better resale values and are more sought after than silver ones. This has been generally true since the film days starting with black Nikon and Leica bodies.

Jul 04, 2022 at 02:11 PM
mojoh

p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Black.
Coz it hides marks and scratches when i sell.

Jul 04, 2022 at 02:17 PM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password