Silver
Black
Either

Which color X-T3 or X-T4

darwinphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

So which color do you choose for the X-T3 / X-T4?

Would your choice change if you were concerned with resale value? (i.e. you like silver but think black sells easier)?

I wanted silver. Ended up with black. But now I'm thinking maybe I prefer black. Sigh.

Nov 10, 2021 at 11:24 AM
surfoxy

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Whichever one looks the most like my X-T2 so my wife doesn't notice the difference.

Nov 10, 2021 at 01:07 PM
darwinphoto
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

I am surprised at the numbers so far. I would have thought silver would be more popular given the retro style of the X series.

Nov 10, 2021 at 03:42 PM
Sauseschritt
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

I dont care what color my camera is, as long as its black.

Thats because this way its never a light source in the image.

Camera in silver is either stealth through looking like a film camera factor or if you're looking for a "prettier" look.

P.s.: Oh, and lets not forget the "black camera with silver lens" problem. Doesnt look so good. Unlike "silver camera with black lens", which if the lens is small-ish isnt so weird looking.

Nov 10, 2021 at 03:48 PM
arduluth
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Black. I feel especially strongly as someone with an X-T3 and an X-E3 that are silver. Both were a matter of what I could get, and I wish I had black on both.

If I could remove the top plate of the X-E3 was easy to remove, I'd paint it black! 😂

Nov 10, 2021 at 06:21 PM
zConcept

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

I prefer black cameras. The x100v looks good in silver but I still bought it in black.

Nov 10, 2021 at 06:31 PM
guorenzhe2009

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

I own black X-T30 and silver X-T4. Silver has more retro feel in my opinion, but the paint is easier to be scratched during daily usage. Just my two cents

Nov 10, 2021 at 06:38 PM
ninja_blade

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

I had a silver X-T20, but ultimately wish I had gone with black. Silver was a little to attention-grabbing. Many observers would think I had an old film camera, which may be the goal for some folks. But when I would look down at the camera dials and top plate, I would have preferred it to be all black.

Nov 10, 2021 at 07:05 PM
jli.jon
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

silver if you want attention and black if you dont. i would think black holds more resale value.

Nov 10, 2021 at 10:28 PM
PhDographer

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Whichever color you decide to get, you'll always yearn for the other one after your purchase

Nov 11, 2021 at 09:22 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Silver XT4. It was really, really hard to find it in silver when I was looking a couple of months back. Love the look in Silver. But I found one and its great.

Nov 11, 2021 at 10:12 AM
AndrewNYC
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

darwinphoto wrote:
I am surprised at the numbers so far. I would have thought silver would be more popular given the retro style of the X series.

As someone who tracks and watches the sales data pretty closely, silver isn't as popular.

Nov 11, 2021 at 09:40 PM
Makten
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Sauseschritt wrote:
P.s.: Oh, and lets not forget the "black camera with silver lens" problem. Doesnt look so good. Unlike "silver camera with black lens", which if the lens is small-ish isnt so weird looking.

To me it's the other way around. Silver lenses on a black camera looks really nice IMO, while a black lens looks wrong on a silver camera.

---

I'd choose black without hesitation, regardless of the above. Simply looks more elegant, and doesn't draw unwanted attention to you.

Nov 12, 2021 at 02:27 AM
Towncaptain

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

I like black on bigger bodies and silver on smaller ones. But I have it the other way around 😆 My X-T4 is silver and my X-E3 is black. Out of all the bodies I have owned, the graphite X-Pro2 was my favorite. I'd like to own a dura-black/silver X-Pro3 one day. It wouldn't matter to me at that point with the dura coating (even though I have heard it's a fingerprint magnet)

Nov 12, 2021 at 04:54 AM
Bugleone

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

I don't use X-T models but I have found silver to be much better for me than black;...

1) silver/plated bodies are much more hard wearing against abrasion and handling...when I used Canon F1 about 30 years back the bodies quickly became first dull on the corners and then wore thru to the brass, which I hated and which made them look old and tatty. I discovered much later that the Leica fraternity likes that look because they think the cameras look like real photographers cameras with worn brass showing.

2) Silver bodies are better at reflecting heat...when I used black roll film cameras for landscapes I became concerned at how hot the film backs became with my precious Velvia inside. Eventually I made up my own reflective covers but when I had the chance to buy digital bodies in silver I saw it as the only choice for this reason alone.

3) Silver bodies are MUCH more discrete in other peoples eyes....I discovered this by accident and have recently taken my silver X-E3 into two events where the security was stopping people with 'serious cameras' from entering. Many people see no difference between a small silver camera and a point and shoot so you can take what shots you like. It's the big black DSLR's that the public (and others) are so against at the moment.

Nov 12, 2021 at 06:29 AM
Dismayed

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Whichever. It's good to know that you can always customize the look! And sometimes manufacturers do it for us!

Nov 12, 2021 at 07:08 AM
Visceral Image
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

I never mind using black cameras and they always come off more discreet than silver. My X-E4 is silver and every time I use it, someone asks me about it. “Is that an old film camera?” Or “What kind of camera is that?” Yet when I’m shooting with my black X-T4, nobody has ever asked me about it. That tells me that silver can be a distraction and create unwanted attention. There are times when I want this, and other times -most times- that I only want to take images and not have people notice my camera.

That said, these cameras are beautiful in their own right and silver can make them even more attractive. I love the X-E4 in silver for that reason. But my X-T4 needed to be a more low-key professional camera for me and black was all I ever considered.

Nov 12, 2021 at 08:06 AM
doowop42
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

In the mid 1950's a black camera which were rarely seen or offered for sale was an additional cost and only the Pros had them.

Edited on Nov 13, 2021 at 07:02 AM · View previous versions

Nov 12, 2021 at 08:39 AM
Makten
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Bugleone wrote:
2) Silver bodies are better at reflecting heat...when I used black roll film cameras for landscapes I became concerned at how hot the film backs became with my precious Velvia inside. Eventually I made up my own reflective covers but when I had the chance to buy digital bodies in silver I saw it as the only choice for this reason alone.

Worth to know is that black bodies also radiates heat better, which means that if the heat comes from inside the camera (filming on digital, for example), the black camera will keep cooler. Especially if it's black paint that has higher emissivity than black anodizing.

Nov 12, 2021 at 11:33 AM
hectorvs

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Which color X-T3 or X-T4

Visceral Image wrote:
I never mind using black cameras and they always come off more discreet than silver. My X-E4 is silver and every time I use it, someone asks me about it. “Is that an old film camera?” Or “What kind of camera is that?” Yet when I’m shooting with my black X-T4, nobody has ever asked me about it. That tells me that silver can be a distraction and create unwanted attention...

You're kinda right, but I also think that from a security perspective, silver is a better choice.

To a layman, the silver camera really looks like an old film camera at a glance. This is an advantage if you're concerned about theft.

A black modern mirrorless camera is more enticing than an old film looking one.

Edited on Nov 12, 2021 at 12:44 PM · View previous versions

Nov 12, 2021 at 11:48 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password