Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Before They Are Gone

psharvic
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Before They Are Gone

Another great set, Gregg. I especially liked the 1st and last.

Oct 27, 2021 at 06:13 AM
fingerda
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Before They Are Gone

Absolutely stunning!

DaveF

Oct 27, 2021 at 06:37 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Before They Are Gone

I love the in your face compositions...the first stands out for the colours in the sky, but all are really fantastic.

Oct 28, 2021 at 01:15 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Before They Are Gone

very nice indeed Gregg

Oct 29, 2021 at 02:21 AM
dclark
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Before They Are Gone

Beautiful images!!
You put a great effort and some suffering into getting them, but you have some special images.
Thanks for posting them.

Dave

Oct 31, 2021 at 04:00 PM
bobby350z
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Before They Are Gone

Gregg B. wrote:
I was there on Friday. I did check the weather forecast before I went, and it looked promising. Get the weather app (PM privately if you wanna know what I'm using) and go when the app shows you good high clouds coverage.

Can you share the app openly unless people keep those secret too. There is "Yiupai", and "Escaype" which I haven't tried yet and then there are the cheaper ones which personally from my testing aren't that good.

Nice shots BTW, like them all, the first one could be better, seems a bit off to me due to leaning back too much. Not sure if the lens or that is how it is in real life.

Nov 07, 2021 at 08:59 PM
Gregg B.
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Before They Are Gone

bobby350z wrote:
Can you share the app openly unless people keep those secret too. There is "Yiupai", and "Escaype" which I haven't tried yet and then there are the cheaper ones which personally from my testing aren't that good.

Nice shots BTW, like them all, the first one could be better, seems a bit off to me due to leaning back too much. Not sure if the lens or that is how it is in real life.

It's an 11mm fisheye shot. Some distortions are to be expected. This is the best I could do to keep the horizon line straight. Anyway, the apps name (and no, there's no secret) is called MyRadar Pro. It costs around 4 dollars so it's inexpensive. Is it 100% accurate? Nope, I doubt any of them are. I was this weekend in Yosemite for some fall color shots, and I checked the weather for today (it was raining there my friend stayed, I didn't) and every single app showed chances of rain 0%. So none are accurate. I just like this one and it seems like it's more accurate than others. But that's just maybe me and my preference. Another good one (that I like) is Dark Sky.

Nov 07, 2021 at 09:42 PM
hm2008
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Before They Are Gone

Nice work, I like them all!

Nov 08, 2021 at 04:23 PM
al123

p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Before They Are Gone

These photos make me stare at them for a long time. The patterns are just so...amazing. Very natural, yet complicated. Nature can really hide amazing patterns at plain sight.

Thank you for sharing!

Nov 09, 2021 at 10:23 PM
IShootThings
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Before They Are Gone

Outstanding work!

Nov 13, 2021 at 08:54 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

bobby350z
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Before They Are Gone

Gregg B. wrote:
It's an 11mm fisheye shot. Some distortions are to be expected. This is the best I could do to keep the horizon line straight. Anyway, the apps name (and no, there's no secret) is called MyRadar Pro. It costs around 4 dollars so it's inexpensive. Is it 100% accurate? Nope, I doubt any of them are. I was this weekend in Yosemite for some fall color shots, and I checked the weather for today (it was raining there my friend stayed, I didn't) and every single app showed chances of rain 0%. So none are accurate. I just like
...Show more

Thanks.

Nov 13, 2021 at 03:01 PM
Jim Dockery
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Before They Are Gone

Gorgeous set, well worth the effort. #2 is over the top with the twisting clouds spinning into the twisting tree.

Nov 14, 2021 at 09:49 AM
rand1951
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Before They Are Gone

Seeing nature at the edge of where a species existence is possible shows the very edge of life, absolutely love your effort and photos, trees are a subject I want to photograph more and more. In the forest it is challenging to photograph a single tree, these Bristle cones above tree line are unique and gobsmacking beautiful.

Did you have any problems with battery working in your camera at -30 degrees windchill. Have heard stories of battery problems in sub freezing temperatures. Love your work, thanks for sharing.

rand

Jan 13, 2022 at 06:39 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Before They Are Gone

Kinda' feels Bighorn Plateau-ish...

Jan 13, 2022 at 10:09 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Before They Are Gone

Fabulous series around these amazing trees. Nice job!

Jan 13, 2022 at 01:58 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Before They Are Gone

Superb imagery!

And fascinating story! Thank you.

Robert

Jan 14, 2022 at 12:38 AM
ornate_wrasse

p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Before They Are Gone

Your images are just gorgeous! It was definitely worth the hike, even in the cold and the wind to get these images.

I became aware of the Bristlecone Pine trees after seeing them when walking to Spectra Point at Cedar Breaks National Monument.

Jan 14, 2022 at 08:17 AM
Starfire8
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Before They Are Gone

Your work with light always amazes me, Greg! Great perspectives, too! I think that these trees are a challenge to compose well and everyone of these are eye pleasers! Great job!

Jan 15, 2022 at 04:47 PM
gochargego

p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Before They Are Gone

The colors in the sky are stunning.

Jan 15, 2022 at 09:56 PM
40Driggs
• • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Before They Are Gone

I love gnarly trees like this! Great compositions and the beautiful sky and colors really makes the shots rise above.

Jan 20, 2022 at 10:50 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password