Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              3              15       16       end
  

GF 55mm f1.7

  
 
Makten
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · GF 55mm f1.7


bobby350z wrote:
Well I thought the objective was to get more FF users to MF. Older medium format guys (or gals) would have said, why you need more than 1 AF point (or why even need AF), or why one needs IBIS or for that matter why needs eye AF. GF 80mm f1.7 is one small light lens. Adding LM would have made it focus faster. Look Canon 50mm f1.2 vs say Sony new 50mm f1.2 GM. That new GM lens is small, light, got bunch of linear motors, focusses like crazy. Sony is making lighter, smaller lenses which focus fast at
...Show more

Well, you obviously manage to get your models in focus with the slow lenses too, right? What I mean is that I don't think it's good for you on a personal level to get hung up on every little flaw, because they are everywhere. I know, because I have been (and still am to some extent) the same, but I'm trying to change.

There are no perfect lenses, perfect cameras, or perfect anything. Still there have never existed better gear than there is right now. If it's not good enough, you're probably doing something wrong. But I don't think you do, and it's about mindset more than anything else. If you look for weaknesses, you will find them.



Sep 04, 2021 at 12:34 PM
bobby350z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · GF 55mm f1.7


Good reply. I should look more into the +ve side of things. Thanks.


Sep 04, 2021 at 02:20 PM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
[X]
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · GF 55mm f1.7


what weight will be upcoming lens gf55/1.7?


May 19, 2022 at 05:47 AM
Makten
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · GF 55mm f1.7


leonasj wrote:
what weight will be upcoming lens gf55/1.7?


I guess no one knows, but the images of the mockup shows what looks like similar size as the 80/1.7. Perhaps a bit larger. Both have 77 mm filter thread at least.

Edit: The image could of course just show a relabeled GF 80, to have something to show.









May 19, 2022 at 05:57 AM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
[X]
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · GF 55mm f1.7


Makten wrote:
I guess no one knows, but the images of the mockup shows what looks like similar size as the 80/1.7. Perhaps a bit larger. Both have 77 mm filter thread at least.

Edit: The image could of course just show a relabeled GF 80, to have something to show.



yep,maybe similar weight and size,will decision buy gf80 or wait gf55, have and very like gf50 now. gf55 price would be similar to gf80 and no LM motor?



May 19, 2022 at 07:22 AM
bobby350z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · GF 55mm f1.7


GF 50mm f3.5 and 55mm f1.7 (when available) will be totally different animals IMHO.


May 19, 2022 at 08:41 AM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
[X]
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · GF 55mm f1.7


bobby350z wrote:
GF 50mm f3.5 and 55mm f1.7 (when available) will be totally different animals IMHO.


gf50 not animal,even at f5.6 overloaded with heavy CA at strong sunlight



May 19, 2022 at 12:30 PM
Orsonneke
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · GF 55mm f1.7


Let us hope it doesn’t show the same quirky AF behaveour as the GF 80/1.7


May 19, 2022 at 01:31 PM
bobby350z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · GF 55mm f1.7


Orsonneke wrote:
Let us hope it doesn’t show the same quirky AF behaveour as the GF 80/1.7


What's quirky with 80mm f1.7? I have been using it every since the lens was released and have no problems. Most of my shots at 1.7.



May 19, 2022 at 02:09 PM
Orsonneke
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · GF 55mm f1.7


I experienced slower AF compared with 110/2, and much more missed shots (no sport or action)


May 20, 2022 at 06:21 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

bobby350z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · GF 55mm f1.7


Orsonneke wrote:
I experienced slower AF compared with 110/2, and much more missed shots (no sport or action)


Well I have both and 110mm f2 sits at home. maybe I sell it as now I got Sigma 135mm f1.8.



May 20, 2022 at 12:25 PM
Makten
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · GF 55mm f1.7


leonasj wrote:
yep,maybe similar weight and size,will decision buy gf80 or wait gf55, have and very like gf50 now. gf55 price would be similar to gf80 and no LM motor?


Seems strange to choose between two lenses with very different focal length. Personally I have no interest in the 80, but 55 mm would be more or less perfect.
I really hope it isn't too large and heavy though. My 110 gets no use, partly because of the size and weight. And it doesn't fit my bags when attached to the camera.



May 21, 2022 at 01:02 AM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
[X]
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · GF 55mm f1.7




Makten wrote:
Seems strange to choose between two lenses with very different focal length. Personally I have no interest in the 80, but 55 mm would be more or less perfect.
I really hope it isn't too large and heavy though. My 110 gets no use, partly because of the size and weight. And it doesn't fit my bags when attached to the camera.

samyang 135/2 is lighter, smoother boken vs gf110 and same resolution



May 21, 2022 at 02:23 AM
Makten
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · GF 55mm f1.7


leonasj wrote:
samyang 135/2 is lighter, smoother boken vs gf110 and same resolution


I've compared them and I know the difference. The Samyang is a fine lens indeed, but still pretty large. It doesn't give the same nice colors as the GF lenses and it vignettes a bit too.

I prefer the Mamiya 150/3.5. Not as sharp, but no vignetting, and it's smaller and lighter. Don't need f/2 for that kind of short tele either.
Ideally I'd want something even smaller. Like a ~150/5.6 or something.

Edit: Sorry for more OT, but I mostly use such focal lengths for flat scenes with everything in focus. Such as this, with the Mamiya @ f/8. There is a bit of motion blur in the flowers because of 1/8 shutter speed (hand held!)...









May 21, 2022 at 02:49 AM
Makten
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · GF 55mm f1.7


And on topic, the 55/1.7 I would use for images like this, with shallow DOF at a bit of distance. This was shot with the GF 63 wide open. It's close to ideal, but a bit wider and a bit faster wouldn't hurt.

Edit: And don't worry, the grass was soaking wet.









May 21, 2022 at 02:59 AM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
[X]
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · GF 55mm f1.7


what price for gf55 expected? for that big size maybe it will be with ois


May 22, 2022 at 02:44 AM
Makten
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · GF 55mm f1.7


leonasj wrote:
what price for gf55 expected? for that big size maybe it will be with ois


Since there is no competition what so ever, they can get away with a steep price. My guess is ~$3000.
No chance it will have OIS. Too small, too fast and the recent cameras have IBIS (so no reason).



May 22, 2022 at 05:40 AM
bobby350z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · GF 55mm f1.7


< $2500, used or on sale for <$2k. No IS.


May 22, 2022 at 09:40 AM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
[X]
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · GF 55mm f1.7


1500usd new. as for 2000usd other fast better gf lens selling


May 22, 2022 at 10:12 AM
Makten
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · GF 55mm f1.7


leonasj wrote:
1500usd new. as for 2000usd other fast better gf lens selling


Ummm, good luck with that. What other fast GF lenses are you talking about? The GF 80 retails for ~$2300 and the GF 110 is ~$2800.
The GF 63 is ~$1500, so I don't understand why you think a faster, wider (more difficult to design) and newer lens would be the same price. Makes no sense what so ever.

Edit: I would be very happy if you are right though.



May 22, 2022 at 12:24 PM
1              3              15       16       end






FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              3              15       16       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.